Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 19, 2019, 03:07:53 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Warranty Department Shake Up at DT?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Warranty Department Shake Up at DT?  (Read 1500 times)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2019, 08:51:26 AM »

To me two things are obvious with DT and warranty:

1) The organization has trouble with personnel management

2) The RMAs are really high and CS is running around the clock

It kind of reminds me of a place I used to work...they had one guy that handled all of the incoming product issues for a manufacturer...needless to say...sometimes it took longer to respond than normal...the company refused to expand...thus service was missed and communication to customers was spotty.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2019, 07:26:52 PM »

Regarding the RMA numbers...I'm not sure I would use that as a guideline; when you fill out the form for parts replacement (like the springs for the scissor panel), you get an RMA number IIRC.  So a lot of the numbers assigned are for user replacement items and not actual warranty fixes.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2019, 09:05:48 PM »

I didn't mean the RMA numbers by themselves...I was referring to amount...
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2019, 10:17:20 PM »

To me two things are obvious with DT and warranty:

1) The organization has trouble with personnel management

2) The RMAs are really high and CS is running around the clock

It kind of reminds me of a place I used to work...they had one guy that handled all of the incoming product issues for a manufacturer...needless to say...sometimes it took longer to respond than normal...the company refused to expand...thus service was missed and communication to customers was spotty.

They absolutely only have a single employee working on warranty. That's why they go through them. I think this is the 4th warranty person on the job since the pre-orders started shipping.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2019, 10:22:06 PM »

If true, DT sucks at operating a business behind the scenes. Just saying.
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2019, 08:28:35 PM »

I just had a few (like 3) days turnaround time with clear communications with a guy named Chris in the warranty department. mine went in for updates it was in the first run Bacha rifles and hadnít been touched since.It shipped back today but it wonít reach me till around Wednesday they say. Experience was great.
Kublah

« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2019, 10:07:35 PM »

My issue was also resolved once I was able to talk to someone.
reason

« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2019, 02:28:18 PM »

I have been sitting on my RMA shipment busy as hell. I keep being hesitant to send it in when I have been able because I am worried it wont come back... I guess I will have to bite the bullet and send it in.
jreffner

« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2019, 02:35:12 PM »

This is very sad news to hear. Megan did an amazing job. She was very much the personal touch in that company. I donít know why they decided to get rid of her, but I do not think it makes them look good. She was great, and I hope she finds an even better job somewhere else.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2019, 07:43:04 PM »

This is very sad news to hear. Megan did an amazing job. She was very much the personal touch in that company. I donít know why they decided to get rid of her, but I do not think it makes them look good. She was great, and I hope she finds an even better job somewhere else.

I, too, was disappointed when I heard about Megan and from the outside, I share the concerns and disappointment that seems to be common.  That said, we don't know all the details on what is an internal HR matter, though I will say that it's a shame they couldn't find a happy medium to keep her on staff.

Kurt
JesseJames38

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 01:55:23 AM »

I am not sure what my current thought is on the shake up in the DT warranty department.  Sadly for me I shipped my rifle in just before the "shake up".  All of my conversations where conveyed to Megan before I shipped the rifle out. Seems around the same time my rifle was being fixed that there was a change in  the warrantee department. I received my rifle back with one of the major reasons I sent the rifle in to begin with not being resolved.    I will say that one of the engineers sent me a email back after I sent one to Megan not knowing she was no longer with the company. This gentleman reopened my RMA number, and issues a shipping label. Once they received the rifle again for the same RMA they where able to fix the rifle and ship it out the same day.

Perhaps it was a mix-up while in transition from switching from one warrantee person  to the next. Maybe it was missed before the change of hands.     Either way the last time I sent it in it was turned back over in less then 24 hours.

For now I will not make a decision if the warrantee department has be improved or unimproved with Megan being loss and a new person in her place.  What I do know is Megan was a hell of a lot better in the warrantee department then the previous person in that position.

Honestly I hope I will never have to send my rifle in again to find out and see if it has been improved or not.

Jesse.

b.reder@sbcglobal.net
New Posting Member

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2019, 07:31:32 PM »

Yes, I too found Megen quite personable. I sent my MDR into her due to 6-8lbs. trigger pull. Took three weeks but they got it down to 4lbs. I'm happy.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length