Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 07:55:39 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News: 2015 SHOT Show                                              20-23 January, 2015                               Las Vegas, NV                              The firearms industry convention and show...                              ...will be covered by BullpupForum.com!                              Check back here for all the Bullpup action from SHOT Show 2015!               

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
Brownells . . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . . . . . . . FFL123.com . . . carhartt . . . K & M Arms
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI Tavor
| | |-+  Tavor: Most wanted accessories!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor: Most wanted accessories!  (Read 4946 times)
NoShelter

« on: December 06, 2012, 05:17:13 PM »

In hopes that manufacturers are watching this forum, let's discuss which accessories we want.

I'll start:

1.) Aftermarket forward handguard with built-in light and pressure-switch

2.) Battery storage: from the videos I've seen, there appears to be a small amount of storage room under the buttplate (below the carrier group and behind the fire controls). I could be wrong. If there is some space, I'd love to have a molded polymer waterproof CR123 battery holder that fits in snugly.
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:36:48 AM »

There is space behind the buttpad, but I'm not sure its enough for anything other than a CR2032.

You might be able to fit some CR2s or CR123s in there. I'll check when mine gets back from the smith!

I keep the documentation proving its an unregistered but fully legal rifle in there. The Mounties have a tendency to flip out when scary black bullpups can be seen on public ranges.  Angry

I'd like to see a brass catcher. I'm thinking more seriously about a 300blk conversion in the new year.
BullPop

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 11:45:07 AM »

left-handed bolt

Illegitimus non carborundum...
TV-PressPass

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 12:18:22 PM »

Left handed bolts have been confirmed and will be available!
Dave_I

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 12:41:06 PM »

Here's what I think I'd like for Tavor accessories:

1) Probably another GRSC 1-6x for the optic (I got one for my ACR and like it so far)
2) Maybe a grip?  I like the AVG on my ACR, however I am not sure if that would work better than a vertical grip on the Tavor.  The handguard is already kind of angled, so that might work great as-is.
3) PMAGs.  Presuming they work well with the Tavor, more magazines.
4) Ammo.  Self-explanatory.
5) Suppressor.  Other than the optic that is the one thing I really feel a need to save up for to add to the Tavor.  I am not in a huge rush, however I would like to run it suppressed.

Other than that, sheesh, it does not seem like it needs much more.  I suppose a flashlight or laser might be kind of cool.  I just want to get the thing and reacquaint myself with the local gun range.

-Cheers
RWBlue01

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 03:04:48 AM »

I'm thinking more seriously about a 300blk conversion in the new year.

I have a 300-221 (the forerunner of the 300blk).  If I had the power, that would NOT be the first conversion.  When shooting subsonic ammo through a cold barrel the POI lower with longer barrels.  Although this setup could be functional, other cartridges would be better.

9mm, cheap and easy and good suppressed.
then
22lr, even cheaper and easy and good suppresses.
then
7.62x39, good for target shooting and hunting deer.  It should be everything you are thinking about with the 300blk and more.  i.e. It can be loaded subsonic.
RWBlue01

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 03:11:19 AM »

I think the only question or option I need clarification on is the bipod.  I have seen pictures, but I don't understand if there is a rail or rail adapter for the Tavor.

Norinco982lover

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 10:40:45 AM »

I don't want a bipod but I'm curious as to where you have seen one? Pics?
Offensive
New Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 11:56:40 AM »

3) PMAGs.  Presuming they work well with the Tavor, more magazines.

Gen 3 Pmags work just fine
RWBlue01

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »

I don't want a bipod but I'm curious as to where you have seen one? Pics?

Tavor Assault Rifle Armor's Manual

It looks like they use a stud, but I would prefer a rail.  I have a VG with bipod on order.  In theory, I push it far forward and have normal hand placement, VG, and bipod.

I found my part, but it is not in the USA.
http://www.zahal.org/products/tavor-picatinny-rail?path_parent=153455
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 10:42:00 PM by RWBlue01 » Logged
SwissyJim

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 12:05:43 AM »

I'll second the 300Blk want...   the Tavor may just replace my plan to build an another AR in 300BLK. 

Tavor TAR-21 Shooter

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:29 AM »

I would love to see a bipod setup like the IDF use:

TheMatrixHasYou

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 04:50:53 PM »

In hopes that manufacturers are watching this forum, let's discuss which accessories we want.

I'll start:

1.) Aftermarket forward handguard with built-in light and pressure-switch

2.) Battery storage: from the videos I've seen, there appears to be a small amount of storage room under the buttplate (below the carrier group and behind the fire controls). I could be wrong. If there is some space, I'd love to have a molded polymer waterproof CR123 battery holder that fits in snugly.

X2, especially on the handguard!!!!  Also, while you're at it, put a rail underneath it!

HK USP Compact .40 | Sig Sauer P226 .40 | Sig Sauer P938 | Mossberg 930 SPX
And now.... IWI Tavor (hopefully coming in April!!!!!!!)
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length