Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 10, 2020, 01:28:09 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Tavor7
| | | |-+  New Muzzle Brake for Tavor 7
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Muzzle Brake for Tavor 7  (Read 1695 times)
Police Marksman
^

« on: September 26, 2019, 05:45:41 PM »

I have a Tavor 7 ordered through my Law Enforcement dealer.  I have heard that the Tavor 7 is very loud, with the stock muzzle brake.  What muzzle brake do you recommend that will throw the blast away from the shooter?
sboone

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 06:05:15 PM »

A suppressor
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 06:53:12 PM »

It's loud because its a .308...lol....

I run a PWS FSC30...it redirects gasses well...
Dwill

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 09:08:59 PM »

A muzzle brake is going to be loud, especially on a .308 bullpup.  If you want to throw the noise down range, look for a linear comp or a blast shield.  Or, as others have noted, get a can.
Police Marksman
^

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 09:32:18 PM »

How about the Troy Claymore muzzle brake.  Everyone seems to love it online .  Suppose to throw a lot of the conconsion and blast down range on a short barrel.
sboone

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 10:09:21 PM »

Unless youre in a state thar prohibits them, a can is the single best way to remove concussion and in most cases flash from a rifle whil still providing decent increase in muzzle control.  Im personally an OSS fanboy, because for rifles like rhe tavors, AUG, AK, there isnt really anything better. Baffle cans are great for bolt guns, flow through cans are great on semi autos
hillbillyjim
^

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2019, 04:33:26 AM »

I put a surefire warcomp on mine but havenít fired it yet with it on
boscoman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »

How about the Troy Claymore muzzle brake.  Everyone seems to love it online .  Suppose to throw a lot of the conconsion and blast down range on a short barrel.

I have used similar on my SAR & X95. Seems to do a good job on those & may go with this on my 7.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2020, 08:06:39 PM »

wanting to get an update......

My 7 should be in by the end of the week.  I read people were trying this or that ---- what's the vote?
Jerns75
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2020, 04:10:27 PM »

Hi,
Iím new here and getting a Tavor 7 set up.  I love in New Jersey, so have to make a lot of decisions up front for any muzzle device.  Here are the challenges:
1.  I canít have a threaded barrel, so anything will have to be pinned and welded.
2.  Obviously suppressors are illegal here, and so are flash reducers.
3.  Iím going to be shooting indoors.  A lot.

Iím trying for the most flexible setup I can get knowing that I donít want to start having things get cut off the barrel later.  Here is where I landed:

Surefire SOCOM brake and the Warden deflector.  Here is my thinking:
- I donít know what Iím in for and want flexibility.  The brake and deflector give me that.  If I ever move somewhere where I can get a suppressor I can still just mount it.

I had looked at the Effin-A comp as it is tunable, but couldnít tell if it was too concussive for the indoor range with 308.

Would love some feedback.

Thanks!
Harkness

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2020, 09:44:30 AM »

Look into the Precision Armament M4-72 .308 severe duty brake, its near or at the top of most recent muzzle brake reviews and its not the size of a hoagie. The M11 would the my other choice. I can't use a suppressor but otherwise muzzle devices are ok, I'm not sure how the M11 is viewed in Jersey though.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 09:55:01 AM by Harkness » Logged
Jerns75
New Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »

How is the sound level on the precision arms M4 or M11?  Obviously EFAB or AFAB are quieter but as they are marketed as ďflash hidersĒ I canít legally use them.
Harkness

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2020, 01:17:58 PM »

Having looked around a bit more I actually think I'm going to go for the Hypertap Grin It is slimmer and "fits" the Tavor better, has top gas ports, and has a further 10% recoil reduction compared to the M4-72. I read an article out there where they had a sound comparison, this was a newer article that included both of these, but I can't seem to find it...
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length