Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 04:33:47 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  New style IWI X95 cocking bar assembly is it easier on the finger?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New style IWI X95 cocking bar assembly is it easier on the finger?  (Read 429 times)
Springer

« on: September 22, 2019, 11:38:49 AM »

I am considering changing out my X95 cocking bar assembly to the current style.   Is it easier to operate?  The original is simple, nice and small but repeated use pains my finger.  That is my only issue with it.  I don't care about looks or cloning and I do realize the new style provides more leverage for extracting stuck cases.
DubageL

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 05:07:02 PM »

The articulated curved charging handle is actually the original IDF design. It makes charging the rifle a little easier in that it acts like a pry-bar to overcome the initial spring pressure and unlocking the bolt carrier. I like it a little better than the “fixed” nub type but it does stick out more as it does not fold flush like the charging handle on a HK G3 or G33.
Springer

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 10:56:19 AM »

DubageL.  Thanks for your detailed reply and opinion.   That is what I was hoping to hear.  I've not found a X95 locally with the curved handle to try out,  that would have answered my question.   
DubageL

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 06:08:57 PM »

Try giving IWI US customer service a call, they are really knowledgeable about the platforms, very helpful and nice to deal with. They usually keep a few items in inventory even though they show out of stock on the website. FYI, to use that articulated charging handle you need to get the “barrel band” and drift pin and install them on the barrel for it to function. Takes about 15 minutes to install the whole thing. When you order online, it comes as a “package”.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length