Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2019, 11:32:10 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  New scope - Range trip
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New scope - Range trip  (Read 295 times)
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 22, 2019, 01:46:29 AM »

So, I landed an actual IDF ACOG. It's really a TA31 with a little different reticle.

I got it out to the range a couple weeks ago just to see how it worked and zero it. It worked great and zeroed easily enough. Then it dawned on me that I hadn't used any Loctite on the screws attaching it to the base. So I removed it and added the Loctite (blue).

Today I got back to the range for the first time since I remounted the scope. This was the first 6 shots:

I'm extremely happy with this result. I forgot my usual support bag so, I used my fist and the gun case to support the front of the gun. Kept the mag off the bench so, just my shoulder for a rear support. Used super cheap Fiocchi ammo. If the two right most shots are ignored, the other 4 make about a .75MOA group. However, if you really want to know what the gun will do, all shots must be included thus, the result pictured above.

What really made me happy is that this group is almost dead center. This is after removing the scope and base and reinstalling all of it. That's far better repeatability than I expected. Especially since I didn't have the best support during shooting.

I fired the rest of the mag at a 12"x12" steel plate at 200 yards; standing off hand. Hit the plate 20 out of the 24 remaining shots. All in all a very good day. I'm really liking this new scope.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2019, 08:01:03 PM »

Nice.

The TA31i reticle is awesome. Glad we both got one.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length