Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 09:58:04 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Failure drill videos for AUGs
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Failure drill videos for AUGs  (Read 108 times)
Andygold

« on: September 10, 2019, 09:12:34 AM »

I've been carrying a handgun daily for 3 decades, and can pretty much instinctively clear all types of failures, basically running on autopilot.

Not so with long guns.  I've no experience and at the present time a carbine class is not in the works.  I just picked up the AUG and qualified for the free carbine class in Alabama, but it's just not doable. Sad

With that said, can anyone provide a link to a video (or written info) that shows or explains the proper way to clear the various types of failures that one might experience with the AUG (or a similarly operating bullpup)?

I've not found anything other than clearing drills for AR's.  I guess a lot might be the same, but I'd like to learn the proper way for this platform.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 03:15:11 PM »

One of my videos on reloads shows how the clear the double feed too.  bcmarshall3285 on YouTube.  Most malfunctions should be diagnosed by looking into the ejection port to see the condition of the bolt. Do you see it locked open, is it closed, is there bullet spaghetti in there?  That dictates the easiest and most efficient remedy.  I teach to not release the primary hand from the grip. Locking bolt, getting barrel toward the sky, and removing the mag fixes a great majority of issues (generally Operator induced to begin with). We would love to see you at the AUG course at CMP.  It great to get the reps and drills in there!

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Andygold

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 03:32:15 PM »

Thanks Brian!  I'll search for your videos.

I would love to attend the free class, but the finances won't allow it.  To fly to Alabama, 2 or 3 days hotel, food, ammo, airline approved case, electronic hearing pro... We're taking well over a grand.  Free tuition is a wonderful plus, but I'm sorry to say I still can't swing it. ☹️
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length