Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 10:37:18 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Is DT in trouble?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Is DT in trouble?  (Read 1211 times)
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2019, 04:30:02 PM »

Well that's some crazy stuff right there.  Renewable energy...one of the biggest scam, black hole, pots of dirty money that exists, and it usually falls on the back of local, state, and federal tax payers.  Obama/Soyndra and many, many more examples of theft, fraud, and corruption under the banner of green, renewable energy.  The mafia has nothing on the government and individuals feeding at the trough of this BS.

It's ironic that AOC's chief of staff actually came out and told the truth about the ultimate end game of the green new deal and all of these forced government green programs.  They're not about saving the planet.  They're about taking control of the economic and political levers of power. 

There are actual venues of green, renewable energy worthy of pursuit, but unfortunately when corrupt dirtbags continually steal and lie behind the curtain, it will do more to damage any chance of achieving real breakthroughs in the field of clean energy options.  If we don't do something as the citizen taxpayers over the almost religious fervor and criminal elements driving the green energy agenda, we will either be economically crushed as a nation by their unattainable pie-in-the-sky promises...or we will remove these idiots and return to the lane of sanity.  I fear the way our media, educational institutions, politicians, and most scientists have been indoctrinating our population, that we will go down the road of the former rather than the latter.

If DT is part of this problem, I hope they go down in a pile of flaming crap.

I'm voting for you for president.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
spector762

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2019, 06:47:46 PM »

ok I have been searching for proof that nick changed his last name can't find it anywhere were did you get it
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2019, 07:10:17 PM »

I didn't make the claim he changed his name...but Nick was probably an offspring from one of the leader's wives...and he took his mom's maiden name to dilute traceability of having inter-family children...that is a known fact and practice of the polygamist culture...

But Nick here states Jacob Kingston is his cousin in this article:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/07/29/fallout-washakie-fraud/

When Desert Tech owner Nick Young spoke to The Tribune in a telephone interview Monday, he said neither he nor his company has had anything to do with Washakie and never took any money from it or the defendants.

“Jacob is my cousin,” Young said. “But just because he’s my cousin means I do business the way he does? I absolutely do not.”

Asked why he thought the feds wanted to seize the building, Young replied: “The only reason, I can assume, is to discriminate against who we are.”

He said Desert Tech leases its space from the building owner. A review of those ownership records shows the building belongs to a limited liability company for which Young was once listed as the manager. The LLC was transferred in 2016 to one of Young’s family members who had offices listed in another building prosecutors say was connected to the fraud.

There’s no public record accusing Desert Tech of wrongdoing. Young said his company received a federal subpoena to supply financial records and did so, but that subpoena contained no allegations. Young said he didn’t know the government wanted to take the building until news reports coinciding with the guilty pleas.

“I showed up to work this morning,” Young said Monday, “and my employees and staff are all scared. ‘Are they going to kick us out of our building? Are we going to get raided? Will I still have a job?’ ”

Even if the government takes the building and leaves the rest of Desert Tech intact, Young said that would be a hardship on the company. Young said Desert Tech has heavy machinery and other gun-making equipment, and moving to a new production facility with an adequate power supply likely could cost about $500,000.

Young argued Desert Tech has been a law-abiding business. It won an award from the U.S. State Department for helping catch terrorists seeking to buy firearms.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:20:09 PM by thehun » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2019, 07:32:08 PM »

Good read here (I am just finding public info from google searches):

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/intelligence-report/2017/blood-cult

In secret videotapes of Order church meetings aired on Escaping Polygamy, Paul’s nephew Nick Young, speaking from a church lectern, identifies himself as a numbered man, number 72, to be precise.

The son of Paul’s sister Rachel — herself a daughter of Ortell and LaDonna Kingston — Young was the only current member of the Kingston clan, out of the many contacted for this story, who consented to a live, on-the-record interview.

Young is the owner of Desert Tech, a Utah gun manufacturer, which produces sniper rifles and so-called “bullpup” rifles, The latter, unlike conventional magazine-fed rifles, have shorter barrels, with the gun’s action located behind the trigger. These specialty firearms can cost anywhere from $2,500 to $8,000 each.

dmitry

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2019, 07:37:07 PM »

I guess the Kingston family used Desert Tech mainly for money laundering then?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:34:48 PM by dmitry » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2019, 08:07:42 PM »

That all depends on company financials...and personal expenditures...

Kingston Group owns 50+ million with $2+ mil revenues...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:23:01 PM by thehun » Logged
dmitry

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2019, 08:33:36 PM »

A lot of these businesses seem to be ways of moving money between the different parts of the family or different shell companies owned by them.  For example, you can find that the people who build the website for Desert Tech, edit the videos, and even just promote the company online, have the surname "Kingston". The owner of the company which builds the website has the surname "Kingston". It seems like one family which has dozens of different members hiring each other.

I wonder where the $550 million from the fraud actually went though. It's a monumental amount of money for a single family to scam from the government, and yet not be noticed for all these years.  

I usually read about people going to prison for scamming $50,000 dollars - but here a family has managed to get half a billion.  
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 08:42:10 PM by dmitry » Logged
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2019, 08:42:09 PM »

I guess the Kingston family established Desert Tech mainly for money laundering then?

I don't believe that's an accurate assessment.

Desert Tech makes some excellent long range bolt guns and has put countless dollars, hours, and energy into the MDR. While I do not agree with the personal life of the company's owners, I believe that Nick Young is a "gun guy" at heart.

Let's look at the situation from what little we know. Nick has a PhD in mechanical engineering and comes from a family/group with lots of capital and experience with managing, buying, and starting companies. If I were him, as a gun guy, I'd want to do something I was passionate about. I like bullpups, so I'd also probably build a line of guns around the bullpup design. I think it's completely reasonable to say that DT is a company built to satisfy the inner gun guy of Nick Young.

Beliefs and traditions aside, Nick Young lives the life we all wish we could.
dmitry

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2019, 08:56:22 PM »

I guess the Kingston family established Desert Tech mainly for money laundering then?

Desert Tech makes some excellent long range bolt guns and has put countless dollars, hours, and energy into the MDR. While I do not agree with the personal life of the company's owners, I believe that Nick Young is a "gun guy" at heart.

Let's look at the situation from what little we know. Nick has a PhD in mechanical engineering and comes from a family/group with lots of capital and experience with managing, buying, and starting companies. If I were him, as a gun guy, I'd want to do something I was passionate about. I like bullpups, so I'd also probably build a line of guns around the bullpup design. I think it's completely reasonable to say that DT is a company built to satisfy the inner gun guy of Nick Young.

But their businesses aren't owned by an individual, except for the purpose of legal documentation.  In reality, they are owned by the Order.

"Kingston Group members own perhaps hundreds of businesses. While individuals might legally own the companies, the group’s leaders consider them “stewards,”"

"At the mine, Tucker said, any investments or out-of-the-ordinary expenses had to be approved by the cooperative’s leader, Paul Kingston, the uncle of Jacob and Isaiah Kingston." https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019/02/03/financial-system-similar
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »

But their businesses aren't owned by an individual, except for the purpose of legal documentation.  In reality, they are owned by the Order.

"Kingston Group members own perhaps hundreds of businesses. While individuals might legally own the companies, the group’s leaders consider them “stewards,”"

"At the mine, Tucker said, any investments or out-of-the-ordinary expenses had to be approved by the cooperative’s leader, Paul Kingston, the uncle of Jacob and Isaiah Kingston." https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2019/02/03/financial-system-similar

Bingo.
maleante
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2019, 09:33:34 PM »

I get that, but it's not a system set up for the express purpose of money laundering. One of the main tenets of polygamists is the belief and practice of living the "law of consecration", which is that you use your talents and skill to work and gains are given to the church which in turn gives to each according to their needs. This goes back to my original premise that DT is a company that exists because Nick is a gun guy, and he is best using his skill, talent, education, etc. to further the wealth of his church while doing something he's passionate about. In practice, this is how it should work - whether it actually functions as such is a different story.

I think it's a very slippery slope to think that DT was built for the purpose of money laundering. Founded for the purpose of increasing the wealth of polygamists, sure. But I find it hard to believe that it was built to wash and funnel money.

Crazy. I never would have imagined a day when I defend desert tech...
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2019, 09:48:59 PM »

Thing is...we don’t know. We only know what is reported and right now their cash cow (the bio fuel business) is done while having to forfeit $500 million back to the feds and it’s going to hurt.

As a business guy I love looking at financials and contracts...they tell so many stories without anyone having to talk...it just takes some time to decipher it.
kfeltenberger
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2019, 09:52:15 PM »

I've watched this and the thread on ARFcom since they started and as it concerns DT, there's a lot of speculation but nothing other than the *property* may be seized.  There isn't anything implying that DT is under investigation, that the management is under investigation, or that anything improper has been done by DT.  What I have seen is a lot of religious bigotry being used to smear people.  Whether you agree with their marital lifestyle or not, whether they practice it or not, really isn't any of our business.

It only becomes "our business" if they push it on us or somehow use it to discriminate in some form against those who would do business with them.

Kurt
Box

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2019, 10:28:55 PM »

Marrying underage girls or your own first cousin/uncle/aunt/half-sibling is reprehensible.   So put me in the bigot camp.

Children being victimized should be everyone's business and can't be fluffed away as merely someone else's "lifestyle."  And incest?  Come on.

Nothing being done improperly by DT?  lol, did you miss the part where it spelled out how all the Kingston businesses are interconnected?

And DT's property being seized?   Nah, nothing to see here!
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2019, 10:47:20 PM »

Marrying underage girls or your own first cousin/uncle/aunt/half-sibling is reprehensible.   So put me in the bigot camp.

Children being victimized should be everyone's business and can't be fluffed away as merely someone else's "lifestyle."  And incest?  Come on.

Nothing being done improperly by DT?  lol, did you miss the part where it spelled out how all the Kingston businesses are interconnected?

And DT's property being seized?   Nah, nothing to see here!

With you on this.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2019, 11:06:52 PM »

O please the gov has far more blood on its hands and has stole more money then a measly 500 million

still doesn't make it right dude if alleged are facts...and i'd bet you wouldn't be whistling this tune if it struck close to home.  wake the f#@k up dude!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 11:16:28 PM by HBeretta » Logged
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2019, 11:10:11 PM »

we?  the f' you talking about?  speak for yourself.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2019, 11:29:15 PM »

It only becomes "our business" if they push it on us or somehow use it to discriminate in some form against those who would do business with them.

correction kurt it becomes your(mdr owners) business when, if correct by salt lake city news sources, that jacob kingston/defendant has agreed to property seizures with desert tech being one of them.  recent transgressions may shed some light on the poor response times from DT for warranty items or other; essentially many confined to reaching out via facebook for some sort of response if any.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2019, 01:42:28 AM »

A lot of these businesses seem to be ways of moving money between the different parts of the family or different shell companies owned by them.  For example, you can find that the people who build the website for Desert Tech, edit the videos, and even just promote the company online, have the surname "Kingston". The owner of the company which builds the website has the surname "Kingston". It seems like one family which has dozens of different members hiring each other.

I wonder where the $550 million from the fraud actually went though. It's a monumental amount of money for a single family to scam from the government, and yet not be noticed for all these years.  

I usually read about people going to prison for scamming $50,000 dollars - but here a family has managed to get half a billion.  

Dmitry, while I don't claim to know the finite particulars as to whether DT has direct involvement in the fraud, that's why I used the word "if".  However, to your logical question about how $550 million could be sucked up in a scam involving green energy initiatives, this is the problem with our U.S. government and many in it throwing out grants, incentives, and investments to individuals, companies, and organizations allegedly running programs and research in the renewable, green energy "church".  I say "church" because it's basically a religion with no holes barred to many people pushing this stuff.  Some are true believers and some are just crooks.  The end result is the same.  The American taxpayer gets screwed.

The well known Solyndra deal alone was 535 million dollars, and that's just one rotten apple in a barrel full.  It's somewhat amazing how much corruption there is in the field of green energy and especially the venue funded by tax dollars.  Like I mentioned in my earlier post, it's a shame because it hinders truly genuine and potentially effective renewable energy research and development.

kurt, you used the word "discrimination" in your concern about piling on a given religion.  You have to admit the Mormon faith is pretty good at taking care of their own in business dealings, contracts, hiring, etc.  Sure, they're not the only religion that tend to practice some of that, but they may be one of the most prevalent at being extremely good at it.  What any given religion does within its own congregation in terms of running their church/religion is pretty much their own business.  However, we're talking actual business for profit here, and it is well known that they practice exclusion and seem to garner more than their fair share of EEOC complaints.  I respect their business acumen, but they often display some discrimination in their business model.
whiskey91lima

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2019, 03:56:49 AM »

It's pretty ironic too that I brought up DT's ties to the corrupt Kingston Clan years ago and got s*** on as a bigot. My original concern was that this tie is indicative of potential DT issues.

Truth is, I believe and support their religious freedoms as long as they aren't violating the freedoms of others. In this case, the frauding of the tax payer and especially underaged girls that has lead to a pseudo sex trafficking ring.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length