Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2019, 08:22:31 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  DT made a MDR comparison video(s)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: DT made a MDR comparison video(s)  (Read 527 times)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: September 05, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVt2x1pX3Pk&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR298Cp4KprLZ6wKv6TQrlOkNRXmam6mKYlJhpAJf8bBuWQUJ7rcUBa_ZLI

Not sure how the industry will take this...but it is a first from a manufacturer...

My opinion...these tests need to be left to independent reviewers...I think its kind of salty for DT to do...seems like a "I got my feelings hurt" video to InRange...

Enjoy!
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 10:55:27 PM »

It also showed that when someone has some training on the design, that it is every bit as fast and easy to use as the ubiquitous AR. 

Edit to add:

Also, they didn't try to pass it off as some sort of pseudo scientific test like IRTV and P&S tried to.  Especially when they started out saying that the shooters were only basically "familiar" with the AR and at the end they suddenly became "very familiar proficient shooters" with the AR (terms paraphrased because I don't want to go back and watch what I think are some of the poorest videos IRTV has done).  I don't care how the various rifles scored, but I do care that the shooters were biased to one platform and had little to no experience with non-AR designs, and then were not given suitable resources (other than the tests themselves) to get acquainted with the designs.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 10:59:22 PM by kfeltenberger » Logged

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »

While I agree with you on that.

I donít think DT needs to get into these type of vids...as a manufacturer...itís looked down on. Independent subjectivity goes out the window and you better chose your words carefully or other manufacturer(s) can bring a lawsuit for defamation.

It is just not smart at all.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 12:40:38 AM »

Oh, another incident of DT claiming the MDR is better than other more vetted designs. Wasn't it stupid enough when Nick went on his little fit on here?

I really wish they'd standardized the accessories on the damn guns. Slap A2s on them all and run irons or a red dot, not just run a hodgepodge of crap. Just some more bullcrap spewing from DT.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 12:58:48 AM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 03:58:38 AM »

To echo Kurt, this video definitely proves that sufficient training/experience with a bullpup platform can make you as quick as a standard rifle. We all agree with this fact being fans of bullpups. It's important to note that CBM debatably has more trigger time than anyone with the MDR. Both guys admit that they don't have much experience with semi-autos and the most experience they have is with the MDR; so it makes that they are faster with it.

So what does this prove? Training and experience trumps gear and DT marketing is strong.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2019, 07:06:59 PM »

Yeah, I haven't finished the video yet, but it doesn't look like a good comparison to me. Different optics on every gun alone skews any kind of real test. Then if you're going to compare the MDR, do that. They did a bunch of side by side with other guns that were not the MDR. From what little I saw, the MDR was NOT the clear best as they tried to say.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
boscoman

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 06:43:47 PM »

Yeah, I haven't finished the video yet, but it doesn't look like a good comparison to me. Different optics on every gun alone skews any kind of real test. Then if you're going to compare the MDR, do that. They did a bunch of side by side with other guns that were not the MDR. From what little I saw, the MDR was NOT the clear best as they tried to say.

Agree. Nothing like comparing apples to oranges to bananas.
I'm still trying to figure out what that optic was on the X95.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 09:22:07 AM »

It was DT's cheapo red dot sight on the Tavor  Roll Eyes

https://deserttech.com/optics.php?item=2235
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length