Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 07:04:22 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Jard trigger available for order
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Jard trigger available for order  (Read 916 times)
newguy2k3

« on: August 15, 2019, 01:44:03 PM »

https://www.jardinc.com/mdr

$278 shipped.

I'm assuming it's a single stage. NO idea if they're actually ready to ship. I had half a mind to order one when I saw but I'm not going to dump any more time or money into the mdr until it proves itself reliable.
JesseJames38

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 01:54:31 PM »

Looks like a nice trigger pack.    If I understand the manual, it looks like you can adjust the wear engagement and the pull weight. 
jreffner

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 08:30:37 PM »

Has anyone tried this?  Iíd like to hear someoneís opinion.  Thanks!
coldboremiracle

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 12:40:39 AM »

Ive used one, very nice. It surprised me for sure.

The first shot, is worth all the rest.

Follow me on FB, IG, YT
spector762

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 04:13:08 AM »

is it a true 2 stage and is it anything like a geissle
newguy2k3

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 11:37:38 AM »

is it a true 2 stage and is it anything like a geissle

I believe it's a single stage
Mr. Business
^

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 12:39:10 PM »

Ordered one today.
jreffner

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 07:44:03 PM »

CBM, thank you very much.

Mr. Business, please let us know what you think after youíve had a chance to use it.
Tayler89
New Posting Member

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »

Ordered one today.

Anxiously waiting for your thoughts...
BrianK

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 12:01:24 AM »

Hmmm, I thought I posted this earlier today but it disappeared somehow. I probably just hit preview. But it's here now.

Iím extremely trigger sensitive so when I heard about the Jard trigger I jumped on it.

Testing was done with a Wheeler trigger gauge. All tests are listed in the order they were collected.

I tested the stock trigger on my MDR before installing the Jard. Hereís what I got for 11 measurements. I wanted 10 measurements but clearly I canít count or check the trigger gauge. The factory lube is still in the trigger group and the measurements were taken high up on the trigger, at the curve of the trigger and pulling in line with the barrel and all stress parallel to the gun. The trigger group has been used at least hundreds of times to smooth things out.

7# 2.4 oz
6# 6.8 oz
7# 9.3 oz
6# 6.3 oz
5# 14.7 oz
7# 5.6 oz
5# 15.2 oz
8# 4.3 oz
7# 2.8 oz
7# 0.7 oz
6# 1.5 oz
for an average of 6# 14.8oz

Now for the Jard single stage trigger, itís brand new with no usage at all on it to smooth it out, same test parameters for shoe placement and such as with the DT trigger. Since the MDR trigger had factory lube I put some lube on the Jard trigger also. I adjusted nothing, just slid out the DT factory unit and slid in the Jard. It took maybe 10 seconds for the actual replacement once the gun was open and after the lube was applied. These were the very first ďshotsĒ with the trigger and itís really too soon to state anything definitive, but I might be seeing a general trend to a lighter trigger as the testing progressed.

2# 14 oz
2# 15.4 oz
3# 2.8 oz
3# 5.1 oz
2# 11.4 oz
2# 10.3 oz
2# 0.8 oz
2# 3.7 oz
2# 8.4 oz
2# 7.1 oz
1# 15.8 oz
for an average of 2# 9.5 oz

There is the initial take up, a very slight amount of smooth creep, then it breaks. Reset is quite noticeable both tactilely (SP?) and audibly. Maybe the creep can be adjusted out of it but I didnít bother and wonít.

To my sensitive trigger finger it was definitely worth the replacement. I wish it was a 2 stage trigger, but thisíll do.
KMcPheron

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 08:35:35 AM »

Nice report, Brian. Looks like the trigger takes roughly 4 lbs off factory, pretty impressive. Might see about getting one in the future... unless Geissele decides to put their 2Ę in. 2 cents
Tayler89
New Posting Member

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 05:12:12 PM »

I purchased one of these and unless I am clueless, which is possible, this is definitely a two-stage trigger... Pull up the slack and the second stage then engages... With additional pressure the trigger breaks clean and crisp.  Trigger-Pull-Guage indicates 2.5#(ish) break.  Better than I anticipated.  A worthy upgrade!
spector762

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2019, 05:29:13 PM »

I purchased one of these and unless I am clueless, which is possible, this is definitely a two-stage trigger... Pull up the slack and the second stage then engages... With additional pressure the trigger breaks clean and crisp.  Trigger-Pull-Guage indicates 2.5#(ish) break.  Better than I anticipated.  A worthy upgrade!
is it anything like geissle ?
BrianK

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2019, 07:15:39 PM »

Yeah maybe 2 stage. Maybe that's the take up I described. It's not like other 2 stage triggers I've ever felt though. Maybe better? Or maybe mine needs adjustment? I just know I like it.

Edit: yup definitely 2 stage. What was I thinking? Senior moment. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:26:34 PM by BrianK » Logged
Tayler89
New Posting Member

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2019, 07:16:35 PM »

I have a Geissele National Match, a Hyperfire Hypertouch Competition, and AR Gold triggers on my ARs.  The MDR trigger isn't as good as any of them, but not far off.  Because it is a bullpup, I wasn't expecting it to be this good though.

I've not actually gone out to shoot it though....
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 07:24:15 PM by Tayler89 » Logged
Kublah

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 07:44:37 PM »

Making me want to part with $278... I'm not super happy with the stock trigger, but Im 90% sure my issue is me, not the gun. My coworker has pulled off some nice groups with my rifle that I just cant seem to replicate. Sooner or later I'll get it I suppose, that and I keep tweaking my loads.
spector762

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 08:43:36 PM »

Making me want to part with $278... I'm not super happy with the stock trigger, but Im 90% sure my issue is me, not the gun. My coworker has pulled off some nice groups with my rifle that I just cant seem to replicate. Sooner or later I'll get it I suppose, that and I keep tweaking my loads.
im not a bad shot I would say I am good and it took me awhile to get used to the mdr trigger the mdr has hella creep but like anything training training and now I can get under moa no problem   
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length