Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 06, 2019, 04:16:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  .308 Battle Rifle Trials by InRange - Ergonomics
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: .308 Battle Rifle Trials by InRange - Ergonomics  (Read 1258 times)
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2019, 06:53:18 PM »

Must you always be so antagonistic? 

Give someone who is used to the AK manual of arms to the exclusion of the others and see what happens... thereís a good chance the list would be quite different.  Unless they took people who had zero experience with firearms, this isnít gong to show good results due to the shooters already having experience with a specific manual of arms. Iíd like to see it done with just bullpups.

No...you just don't get the point of this test...maybe you do...but because the MDR didn't fair well...you come cry wolf how it wasn't a level playing field...when it was...

I bet you money...that many of those people in the test...never fired, yet alone handled an XCR before...yet it did the best...

Thus...the test shows which platform truly had superior ergonomics design...without being familiar with a platform...

Actually, I do get the point of the test.  My issues with how it was presented isn't because the MDR came in fifth, it was because based on an average shooter pool, the vast majority of American shooters (who shoot this kind of rifle)will have experience with AR based ergonomics and operating principles and not those of rifles that use a rock-and-lock system or a bullpup of any design. 

The majority of time issues appeared to be magazine related, with the charging handle playing a role in on two mentions; the G3 pattern rifle because it was so far forward and the MDR when the one person accidentally locked it back.  Beyond that, it was a moot issue.

It was a cute test, but suffered from flaws and wasn't up to InRange's usual standards.  I hope the other tests are better.

Kurt
ttarp

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2019, 07:44:49 PM »

If you're already holding the rifle(unlike the test), the G3 charging handle is in a pretty optimal position, right about your offhand.  The issue with is primarily the force required to operate it.  The more I think about it, the more predictable I find the results to be, especially the top and bottom 3 slots.
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2019, 08:12:03 PM »

Grin Cheesy ; Cheesy D Cheesy Grin Cheesy    This thread has gotten very entertaining. Personal attacks should be encouraged as long as you donít cuss  Cheesy Cheesy

The double standard is apparent. Have we really gotten to the point were grown men are worried about ďpersonal attacksĒ? Stick and stones guys, stop eating soy and start eating more red meat. Worrying about personal attacks that arenít even directed at you is just weird. Itís like youíre trying to save a damsel in distress or something. Kurt is a grown man who can handle his own so called attacks.

Bunch of pansies, go find a safe space. You embody everything that is wrong in this world. Sticks and stones man... Sticks and stones. Didnít your momma teach you that song when you came in crying about someone calling you a name? I feel like Iím in the twilight zone.

The video itself was pretty interesting. I always liked Ian and inrange, heís just a regular dude who knows a hell of a lot about firearms. His knowledge definitely outweighs his shooting ability, but thatís why the is good. It shows how the average shooter would adapt to the different platforms. The in range guys are just regular shooters not pros.

Put couple different shooters in and the results would probably be different. I have a powerful lust for the scar 17s. I want one even more now after seeing the video even though it didnít place 1st.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 08:42:31 PM by BullpupT » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2019, 08:30:45 PM »

SCAR platform is awesome regardless if its 5.56 or 7.62...very reliable...accurate...just honestly a perfect rifle...
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2019, 08:43:57 PM »

It was a cute test, but suffered from flaws and wasn't up to InRange's usual standards.  I hope the other tests are better.

Quit it. That was a perfectly acceptable and informative test especially considering that they are doing a series of tests. Yes, the AR pattern rifles did better because people are familiar with them. InRange makes this point.

The first trial is just a simple, quick test. I'm more curious how they compile and normalize the data to make the comparison. Especially for a test with very low times.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2019, 11:16:13 PM »

Quit it. That was a perfectly acceptable and informative test especially considering that they are doing a series of tests. Yes, the AR pattern rifles did better because people are familiar with them. InRange makes this point.

The first trial is just a simple, quick test. I'm more curious how they compile and normalize the data to make the comparison. Especially for a test with very low times.

No.  Just because I hold a differing opinion doesn't give you the right to tell me to essentially sit down and shut up. 

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2019, 11:37:48 PM »

Hahah. Yet you and other guys tell us to shut it...freakiní hypocrites.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2019, 12:09:14 AM »

Please tell me where I have ever *told* someone to shut up.  Iíve urged civility, but never told someone to shut up and that they couldnít speak. 

Kurt
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2019, 02:31:42 AM »

No.  Just because I hold a differing opinion doesn't give you the right to tell me to essentially sit down and shut up. 

I have the freedom to say whatever the f*** I want including "sit down and shut up."

It's a fair video, but InRange ain't the world's premiere source of firearms knowledge. Get over the fact that the MDR scored so low because the average shooter doesn't know how to operate it.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »

It's a fair video, but InRange ain't the world's premiere source of firearms knowledge. Get over the fact that the MDR scored so low because the average shooter doesn't know how to operate it.

Other than mentioning that I thought it did well being 1.21 seconds back from the winner and that I thought it could have done better with some familiarization, I really haven't said much about it, just their methodology.  You're the one who is seeing red and jumping to the conclusions, not me.

So...lighten up, Francis.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2019, 01:28:56 PM »

So...lighten up, Francis.

Please stop with the name calling...its really toxic...
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2019, 04:02:51 PM »

https://youtu.be/C6cxNR9ML8k

Grin Cheesy Wink

Kurt
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2019, 07:48:44 PM »

moved
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 07:53:04 PM by whiskey91lima » Logged