Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 23, 2020, 04:12:35 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB Tactical?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB Tactical?  (Read 1394 times)
Box

« on: August 01, 2019, 11:29:18 PM »

I didn't know this even existed.

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2019, 05:20:07 PM »

Sayyyyy....whaaattt...
st381

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2019, 12:26:21 AM »

It doesnít exist.  Never seen in the wild.  A custom gun for Chad Enos most likely. Buy the Lucky Irishmanís handguard if you want one.
lee1000

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 01:32:11 AM »

I think they have it designed, itís just a matter of releasing it. I had emailed them over a year ago about it and they said they were working on it........
Box

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2019, 01:57:04 PM »

I think they have it designed, itís just a matter of releasing it. I had emailed them over a year ago about it and they said they were working on it........

I like this one a lot better than the Lucky Irishman option.

Maybe we should start emailing them again.   How/where did you email them exactly?
lee1000

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2019, 01:07:41 AM »

I like this one a lot better than the Lucky Irishman option.

Maybe we should start emailing them again.   How/where did you email them exactly?

The website
waffenmeister

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 03:34:38 PM »

Looks awesome,

But I would like the overall design to improve. to have more really useful stuff: Double sided charge handle, extended upper rail for at least 3 inches
Less sear reset length, better chemical resistant material for gas regulator clicker pin (after 1500 shots mine looks like someone chewed it) Better hammer fixation which excludes wobbling. And of course a large and convenient bolt release lever.

Moreover, RDB becomes dangerous when operator used suppressor for 35 shots. When rifle is dirty, it jams or makes burst fire. That is not acceptable!
Silverback13

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 12:16:23 AM »

That is the new design from the lucky Irishman

https://lifeindustries.net/dir/product/rhino-rail-trade-in-option-for-the-kel-tec-rdb-used-rail/
CoronetRTguy

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 12:33:40 AM »

Chad said that those rails are made by Kel-Tec and I believe they are ready to ship now. The rifle is an RDB that kind of blends (I believe I have this right) a survival model in it. I think the stock extends and collapses as well. The barrel may be thin like the survival model too. Its an interesting rifle.
mig1nc

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2020, 08:13:21 AM »

Yeah, thin barrel. From the shot show footage (check the Shot Show thread) it looks like they kept the retractable stock in order to keep the legal length high enough to not be an SBR with the 16" barrel.

So, basically a survival RDB with a pistol grip and tactical handguard plus maybe some other changes.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2020, 08:57:45 AM »

This new variant has me interested in the RDB again...how is it acting with USGI mags now?

I know my first gen RDB had issues retaining them...but not poly.
superduty

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2020, 03:48:45 PM »

This new variant has me interested in the RDB again...how is it acting with USGI mags now?

My current RDB is about a year old and has never had a problem with any style mag. I use them interchangeably all the time, even at a match. Now the steel mags I have will not work well at all.
They worked fine in my FS2000 but not the RDB, so I put them away in a box.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2020, 05:10:58 PM »

Yeah the first release RDB didn't keep my DH USGI mags in place...every other platform from SCAR, ARX, AR to Tavor works perfectly...I know some had that issue with USGI as well on the Keltec forum...which I thiiiiiiink...KelTec updated the geometry slightly....
Box

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2020, 10:55:25 PM »

I got an RDB last year.   I have a ton of the steel ARX 100 magazines and can't recall any problems using them with the RDB.   What issues were you having exactly?   
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length