Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 15, 2019, 10:40:45 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Rimfire Bullpups
| |-+  Ruger 1022 Bullpups
| | |-+  HTA 90/22 (Moderator: Plinker)
| | | |-+  Can't zero @ 25yd
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can't zero @ 25yd  (Read 931 times)
Cohiba54

« on: July 02, 2019, 02:32:59 PM »

I am using a standard 10/22 a couple of years old, mounted a SightMark SM-26010 (http://sightmark.com/product.php?item=502) on my HTA stock. Started sight in at 25 yards, windage is adjusting perfect but elevation has maxed, groups are about 1.5 low. I have two SM-26010's one on my AR-308 (my bush gun) and the one i'm using on the HTA. That one came off of my PS-90, in both cases sight adjustment functioned as they should and rifles zeroed and have held zero.

So I'd like to hear from yall  that have experienced similar, what your fix was. My gut tells me that I have a slight skew in barrel fitment at best or worst case the sight plane is skewed. Everything fit well, nothing glaringly out of sort, so this has me scratching my head.

BTW the 10/22 could be considered a culprit but I'm throwing that out because it's always been a straight shooter.

Andy your welcome to throw some of your knowledge into to the mix if you please. 
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:00:16 PM »

Hello Cohiba!! Thanks for your business and sorry to hear you were having trouble! I should be able to help! There could be a couple of reasons your sight is off at 25 yards and isn't able to adjust. First, did you buy this kit from us recently or is it an older model? We had this trouble on the early models of 90/22 because the bullet drop on a .22 LR is considerably more than a 5.7, so what we did was machine a cant into the rails of about 20 MOA to allow for zeroes at both closer and longer ranges. But this change was made some time ago and unless you have an older kit, it shouldn't be an issue because of that. It is possible too the barrel may not be fitting the way it is supposed to. Is it just a factory barrel?

Finally, did you try it at other ranges? What does it do at 10 yards or 50 yard, for instance? Let me know and if we need to we can send you another rail or barrel bushings to swap out and see if that helps. Thanks again for your business!

Andy and the team at HTA
Cohiba54

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2019, 03:59:49 PM »

Thank you for the quick response Andy.

"There could be a couple of reasons your sight is off at 25 yards and isn't able to adjust. First, did you buy this kit from us recently or is it an older model?"
The stock I have is used and I have no background on it's history.

"It is possible too the barrel may not be fitting the way it is supposed to"
True, I will disassemble and reassemble tonight. Hope to range it in the next couple of days.

"Is it just a factory barrel?"
Yes, factory/standard

"Finally, did you try it at other ranges?"
My norm for .22 is to start at 25 zero, then move to 50 zero. Being I could not zero I did not attempt the 50 zero.

"What does it do at 10 yards or 50 yard, for instance?"
I this case I believe attempting all 3 distances (10, 25 and 50) should help diagnose or at least point to corrective measure.

"Let me know and if we need to we can send you another rail or barrel bushings to swap out and see if that helps"
Will do. Is there a possibility that the rail was installed 180 deg?

Thanks Again.

HighTowerArmory

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2019, 04:29:56 PM »

Hello Cohiba! It sounds like you may have an old one then possibly. Does the sight rail have the jagged "teeth" witch a center cut out on the rail? Or does it have a hole in the front for the addition of a Glock site? Let me know and if it is the old style, we can send you a new one which should help compensate for the drop of a .22 LR. Thanks so much,

Andy
Cohiba54

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 07:38:35 PM »

No center cut out or hole on the front of the rail. Here's a pic of the top front of the rail. It's probably an old style rail. I highly appreciate the offer on the newer style rail. Please let me know what I owe you.

* Front top Rail.JPG (107.07 KB, 640x480 - viewed 52 times.)
HighTowerArmory

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 09:54:10 AM »

Hello Cohiba- Shoot me an email with your information and we can get you what you need. Here's my contact info: andy@hightowerarmory.com

I'll keep an eye out for your email. Thanks again!

Andy
Cohiba54

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 11:28:12 AM »

Andy the email is on it's way.

Thanks
Cohiba54

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2019, 11:28:28 AM »

Andy and HTA are by far outstanding. The customers service and product is what keeps USA made at the top. Received the replacement rail, will post pics of before and after targets.

Thanks Andy!

BTW if you ever need an investor let me know. It would be an honor Sir.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length