Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 06:39:42 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Tavor SAR Geiselle trigger Bow question
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tavor SAR Geiselle trigger Bow question  (Read 504 times)
TimerUse

« on: June 30, 2019, 09:23:07 PM »

Please help.
I love the sar but am not familiar with the Geiselle bow trigger, I got the trigger pack as well.
My question is... When the gun is loaded/unloaded, charged/not charged the Geiselle trigger Bow has some small *play * in it when I tap on it on the SIDES of the trigger Bow, it clicks/moves.  It this how it's supposed to be or should it be snug and tight?

P. S.  It shoots just fine
Tvfreakarms
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 12:40:26 AM »

Please help.
I love the sar but am not familiar with the Geiselle bow trigger, I got the trigger pack as well.
My question is... When the gun is loaded/unloaded, charged/not charged the Geiselle trigger Bow has some small *play * in it when I tap on it on the SIDES of the trigger Bow, it clicks/moves.  It this how it's supposed to be or should it be snug and tight?

Hmmm...I'll have to check this out for myself.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Tvfreakarms
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 12:41:02 AM »

Please help.

So your saying the trigger moves side to side?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

TimerUse

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 10:15:16 AM »

Just slightly when tapping on it, it has a little wiggle play
tgoldie00

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 11:42:56 AM »

My only thought here is that perhaps the retention spring not not fully seated in the trigger pin once it has been replaced?  That spring tension and the narrow channel of the pin should reduce side to side play to essentially nothing.

That is the first thing that comes to mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TimerUse

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 09:54:59 PM »

Is this small play normal in gun triggers?
tgoldie00

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2019, 10:23:46 PM »

I just checked mine. Side to side (lateral) play...there is the tiniest bit. Itís nearly imperceptible and I would have said no if I had not explicitly checked. No noises or clicks associated with said movement.

There is of course front to back play that can be adjusted via the hex adjuster provided to reduce takeup - but some takeup is normal for the Tavor platform.

As to your last question....the answer is that it depends on the rifle/pistol, who makes it, what type of action, etc.  On some the answer a yes. On others the answer is no.
TimerUse

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 07:54:55 AM »

How do I tighten mine up? For the side to side play
tgoldie00

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 02:22:51 PM »

How do I tighten mine up? For the side to side play
It should not have any play worthy of tightening so check your installation as I mentioned previously.

The pin holding the trigger bow in place has a recess in it that the tiny silver spring you installed with the bow (and I assume you followed the instructions and removed it first, reinstalled it later) passes though into the pinís channel, and intersects the pin in its center recess. This will prevent side to side movement in addition to providing necessary spring tension to the trigger.

If itís not that...not sure where to go next other than you posting pics so we can see your setup.
cciman

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 01:14:48 PM »

You have a logic branch: Yes you have a problem, or No this is normal.

Have you tried calling Geissele or IWI, spoken to a human?

Is it possible to put the factory parts back in to see how much the lateral play is in your stock factory trigger setup?  If the same or worse with factory, then NO. If better in the factory, then more likely YES, but still could be NO.

I would bet a quarter, this is normal (if it were me, mine) I would go and put 2000 rounds through it, and then see if I think about it again, or remember the question.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length