Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 07:16:13 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Getting *gas face* when shooting my tavor sar.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Getting *gas face* when shooting my tavor sar.  (Read 459 times)
TimerUse

« on: June 23, 2019, 09:19:10 PM »

I love love love my sar.
I got he manticore gasketed ejection port cover but I still eat gas when shooting my 5.56 sar!
I've vaguely read somewhere that I can seal something up and it won't do it anymore?
I shoot not suppressed
DyeF9

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 09:34:57 PM »

It comes from the picatinny rail. If you take it off and put some gasket sealing under it you won't have that issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TimerUse

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2019, 10:06:40 PM »

Dyef9. I appreciate your quick response, but where exactly do I apply it. And what product sealent is safe to use and won't damage gun?
DyeF9

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 04:19:11 AM »

I haven't personally done this because i haven't worked out method that I like yet. Ideally I'd like to find a high temp silicon gasket that's flat and can just be trimmed, but I haven't, so probably the easiest thing is a tube of red high temp silicon rtv .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TimerUse

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2019, 10:42:30 AM »

I'd love to know what product is safe for the gun.  Any picture of the actual spot I need to clog up?
cciman

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 11:06:52 AM »

Redirection does not have to be airtight, nor pretty.

I just used black Gorilla duct-tape over the other side of the ejection door, and over the back top of the rail.  Works great, and I can remove/replace as needed.

Also helps shielding my soft skin from the sharp pic rail edge- and easily removed if I need to access the BUIS.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2019, 03:28:18 PM »

Redirection does not have to be airtight, nor pretty.

I just used black Gorilla duct-tape over the other side of the ejection door, and over the back top of the rail.  Works great, and I can remove/replace as needed.

Also helps shielding my soft skin from the sharp pic rail edge- and easily removed if I need to access the BUIS.

What I do as well.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »

I love love love my sar.
I got he manticore gasketed ejection port cover but I still eat gas when shooting my 5.56 sar!
I've vaguely read somewhere that I can seal something up and it won't do it anymore?
I shoot not suppressed

see old link below (photos take time to generate in the thread - at least for me).  a youtube user applied this method as well along with the manticore port cover with success.  good luck.

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=9917.0
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2019, 07:12:45 PM »

It is a ton cheaper and more effective to just add a piece of gorilla tape...as soon as you disassemble your rifle...the rtv fails...
cciman

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »

It is a ton cheaper and more effective to just add a piece of gorilla tape...as soon as you disassemble your rifle...the rtv fails...

Yeah, I think those ejection port covers are needless money spent-- piece of tape works for me, or if really ambitious, or cosmetic conscious, you can seal that up with RTV, or cut a sheet of rubber or foam gasket for it.

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=10726.msg138942#msg138942
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:05:34 PM by cciman » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length