Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 17, 2019, 07:04:00 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  300blk spring tension
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 300blk spring tension  (Read 177 times)
SteadiShot

« on: June 22, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »

Just finished my X95 300blk conversion and while I knew the spring strength would be more I was surprised at how difficult it is to open the back pad with the punch-through pin.

Opening the rear (atleast on mine) now requires a plier to pull the pin fully to the open position and closing requires tapping with a tool to get the pin to fully seat back in.

Has anyone else experienced this on either a new gun or conversion kit?

Does it loosen up over time or could there be something wrong here?

Unfired at this point but otherwise seems to function normally.

On the IWI 300blk overview video it appears to pop out freely so Iím not sure if it just need time to loosen up.
SteadiShot

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 09:31:37 AM »

Quick update.

It appears the spring is not the culprit (at least not directly).

It looks like the plastic back of the recoil mechanism simply wasn't fitting against the buttpad "hinge" to push forward quite enough to align the pin perfectly.

Unclear how as both parts seem nearly identical.

Switching from the curved buttpad to the standard Buttpad got rid of the problem.

However, I think it's just a slightly odd fitting on the factory part more then a fault of the curved buttpad as it worked fine on 556.

Regardless, the good news is it does not appear to be related to pressure/fitment of the bolt/spring (or anything more serious) and I could see several easy ways of solving the issue.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 09:48:23 AM by SteadiShot » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length