Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2019, 08:51:24 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Tactical question.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tactical question.  (Read 863 times)
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: June 04, 2019, 11:17:48 PM »

So I have a question for you guys. Suppose a friend of yours (let's call him A) is scheduled to have an interview for a job. This friend then finds out that their best friend (let's call her K) also has an interview for that job, on the same day. So your friend (A) comes to you and asks you the best method to help alleviate their friend (K) of the burden of interviewing for the job. Preferably the night prior, by some covert means. What advice would you have for your friend (A)?
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2019, 11:37:28 PM »

Alleviate yourself (or let's call you A) from the interview, if you have to ask this type of question neither of you deserve the opportunity to even interview for the position.

AE
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 08:23:03 AM by Aussie E » Logged
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2019, 11:45:55 PM »

I just told him to do his best on the interview. May the best candidate win. But I was initially imagining a Spy vs. Spy scenario.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 12:00:10 AM »

To be fair, my friend said he's thinking about going evil. Like, Stewie Griffin type evil.
DubageL

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2019, 04:49:19 AM »

It depends on how single and good looking miss k is. Otherwise stay out of it and let A do his own work.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2019, 09:04:32 AM »

Humans are terrible...wonder why we have problems...this is an example.

Let the best qualified person win. Your friend though doesn't deserve it with a thought process like that...shameful it even crossed his mind.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2019, 02:47:40 PM »

I'll agree with the general sentiment; "A" doesn't deserve the job and he sure doesn't deserve either you or "K's" friendship.  The guy sounds like a weasel who uses people and only thinks about themselves and and how "a friend" might better his ambitions.

Personally, I'd tell K about what was/might be going down.  I've learned that withholding information sometimes is worse than telling.

Kurt
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2019, 05:04:15 PM »

I'm thinking about telling her. I know if I do, he's gonna go around blabbing to everyone about me being a tattletail. This guy thinks he knows everything and is smarter than everyone. Now he's talking about "going evil" and laughs about it. If I do tell, I'm pretty sure everyone's going be on my side anyway.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 06:11:44 PM »

I'm thinking about telling her. I know if I do, he's gonna go around blabbing to everyone about me being a tattletail. This guy thinks he knows everything and is smarter than everyone. Now he's talking about "going evil" and laughs about it. If I do tell, I'm pretty sure everyone's going be on my side anyway.

From what you've said, this guy isn't friend material.  In the end, does someone else's opinion mean more to you than doing the right thing?  This guy certainly seems like someone whose opinion has about as much value as a used Depends.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 09:34:53 PM »

I would consider that guy as a friend. He deserves a kick in the privates.
Frostburg
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 04:35:13 PM »

I ended up telling. He ended up a no-show for his job interview.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 08:29:18 PM »

Good.

Kurt
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2019, 11:25:10 PM »

Based on your own comments, this guy sounds like a scumbag. Why are you even associating with such a pathetic loser? And why would you care if he told anyone that you are a "tattletale?" Warning his competitor about his douchebaggery is the honorable and just thing to do. Especially if it causes him the job, which he obviously doesn't deserve in the first place.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length