Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 01:40:26 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  All other Bullpup Shotguns
| | |-+  Interordnance XB
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Interordnance XB  (Read 99 times)
Dred

« on: June 04, 2019, 08:47:10 PM »

I've been playing with this for a few days now.

First, this is your warning:  don't fire it until you visit and verify the gas plug setting is appropriate.  The manual does not mention the setting at all, but it has a nifty 4 position adjustable plug.  Mine came set to fire low brass shells.  Of course, being a smart guy, I threw 50 rounds of high brass at her out of the gate.  My dust cover got mangled good behind that trick.

Second, trusting the magazines is not shaping up to happen.  She takes Saiga mags so I've ordered a variety to figure out which I will be able to achieve a performance expectation with.  She did come with 2 mags and one of them is still 100%.  But, one of the included mags sticks so that follow up shots follow the remove mag, hit mag on something to get the next round to advance, reinsert mag, charge, fire, repeat.

She's been a load of fun and a somewhat brutal introduction to the principles of the AK gas system.  I'm disappointed that no one at IO recognized the need to discus or describe or simply mention the gas adjustment protocols.

She took her lick'n and she's eagerly tick'n along sans dust cover.  She's flawless (correct and incorrect gas setting) with a variety of 2 3/4 & 3" high brass.  Next outing I cross my fingers, return her to the low brass gas setting and hope she cycles.

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length