Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2019, 01:32:41 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  All Other Bullpup Rifles
| | |-+  "Pistol" variant of a bullpup
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Pistol" variant of a bullpup  (Read 226 times)
whiskey91lima

« on: May 28, 2019, 02:39:54 PM »

Is it legally possible to make a pistol variant of any of the bullpups that we know and love? I understand that if the original SN is for a rifle, then the ATF says it's always a rifle, but...
Sawdustshot

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 08:46:32 AM »

It's not really what you're asking, but there's the bullpup draco, which is a bullpup pistol using an AK receiver.
The issue would be making it in such a way that the ATF doesn't consider it to have been "designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder." Almost every bullpup I can think of slaps some kind of pad on the back of a receiver designed to serve as a stock and calls it a day. Would a simple flat end plate satisfy them, or would they demand something like an uncomfortable wedge? Could they even be satisfied at all? The number of "how is that not a stock?" pistol brace designs they've approved doesn't make things any clearer.
whiskey91lima

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 10:31:07 AM »

The number of "how is that not a stock?" pistol brace designs they've approved doesn't make things any clearer.

Yeah there's no way that this totally not a rifle loophole will last forever.
Sputnik90

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 12:01:57 PM »

Sounds like you've re-invented the Gwinn Arm Pistol...?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/31/bushmaster-arm-pistol/

If the BATF considers it a pistol -- and I think they do -- then something a whole lot like it might also be a pistol.  Maybe.
whiskey91lima

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 12:19:42 PM »

Sounds like you've re-invented the Gwinn Arm Pistol...?

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/03/31/bushmaster-arm-pistol/

If the BATF considers it a pistol -- and I think they do -- then something a whole lot like it might also be a pistol.  Maybe.

Yes. Exactly.

Time to reinvent with an AR-180 derivative AR upper like the BRN-180.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length