Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2019, 12:37:37 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Mepro 21 polarizer
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mepro 21 polarizer  (Read 166 times)
Troda

« on: May 17, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »

Been playing around with my m21. The washout looking from inside to out is significant as reported. I was thinking about my Armson OEG so I cut a disc out of tar paper and fit it in front of the glass. This eliminated the washout and the bluish tint. I brought it to the range and it worked fine.
    With the Armson you need to place the dot on the target and pull the trigger. If continue to hold the dot on target you will notice it starts to wander. Itís an odd occurrence but it is documented on the Armson website. I didnít play around enough to see if it happened with the M21.
    Until I figure out a way to cover the glass with a flip type appparatus Iíve been looking at other alternatives. I came across discussions about using a polarizer. Does anyone have any experience using them?
Halmbarte

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 12:31:30 PM »

I do and it solves the washout problem. It basically give you a set of selectable polarization angles that lets you adjust the amount of polarization from almost not noticeable to practically opaque. The kill flash will screw into the front of the polarizer.

The down side is the entire unit is plastic and is going to be the most fragile part of the whole M21.

H
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length