Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2019, 12:39:23 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Sootch Review 308 MDR
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Sootch Review 308 MDR  (Read 341 times)
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: May 14, 2019, 05:47:26 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m1FD--YKEo
Box

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 07:18:03 PM »

Thumbs way up?   My guess before watching.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 07:34:57 PM »

Thumbs way up?   My guess before watching.

ha...i don't think he's ever done a bad review has he now that i think about it?
masterlab
^

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 07:46:05 PM »

Looks like the same MDR being passed around. Has the cutouts for the gas regulator that was put in on inrange's re-review
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »

Still appears to kick like a mule.
A little misinformation as well, mine (early release) did not come with red dot, foregrip or rail section. Also since when did Magpul make 30rd 7.62 magazines?

Zero malfunctions, except............... Roll Eyes

I guess in "new" math zero don't equal zero. As a buddy used to say 1+1=3 for very large cases of 1.

AE
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 11:37:54 PM by Aussie E » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 09:10:53 PM »

Kicks like a son of a gun.

Glad to see it not choke.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 09:14:34 PM by thehun » Logged
JesseJames38

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 09:18:14 PM »

I am unsure this is the same MDR that Inrange had.  Inrange had the rubber cheek pad on the reciver then the one is in Sootch. The rubber cheek pad is a self adhesive pad that goes on the rifle, so it may have been removed by DT, or its a different rifle.   I did listen to the whole review and he did give a favorable review except for a trigger pack with reset issues.  I believe he said he put around 700 rounds in the rifle and the only issues was from the trigger pack.  Even so that is much better then every other round jamming up in the chamber

For some reason it seems like a lot of these reviewers don't really know a whole lot about the firearm they review. For instance, Sootch says the rifle has a 3 position gas valve. In fact you can look at the rifle he has and it has the new 6 position valve. Or IV8888, In his review he was "having issues" with the bolt locking back on the last round. It wouldn't lock on the last round because he had his hand pushing up on the bolt release while he was shooting it.  What I am really looking forward to is the Inrange review of the MDR at the mystery mountain 3gun.  Assuming he did use it there like he said he would.

Regardless the MDR has had its fair share of problems, its slowly looking up thought.  I still think the next big issue coming up will be the cracking rails in the back of the rifle.

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 09:43:18 PM »

90% of firearm reviewers are really not all that great...just saying. They are not all that competent.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 11:19:27 PM »

Overall, other than the technical details that Don got wrong (which, regarding the gas valve it could have been the old valve and he didn't realize the difference), I thought it was a pretty straight up review.  Don has said several times that he won't post a review on something that doesn't work; his thought is that if it works, he'll talk about it, otherwise he isn't going to devote the resources to dealing with it.  The trigger reset issue could have been worded a little better; they were failures, and he did note them, but taken as a whole the rifle wasn't "100% reliable"...until it got the new trigger pack.

Anyway, the haters are going to hate, the supporters will see this as some vindication, and as always with the MDR there will be a decided lack of common ground.

Kurt
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length