Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2019, 12:57:45 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 Operating Guide?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 Operating Guide?  (Read 530 times)
MaverickNH

« on: May 11, 2019, 06:21:34 AM »

There are plenty of sources on how to run an AR-pattern rifle but are there any such for the X95? When I take mine to rifle classes I have to come up with my own interpretations of operating and malfunction drills.

I *do* have to get to an IWI Academy Tavor class someday...
Kevlar

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 12:45:35 PM »

Not really

I actually have thought about putting something together.

I have attended the IWI courses level 1-3, the Zahal Tavor course, and the Academi course.

There are some things that translate from the AR platform to the X95.  But many donít.

I personally think that learning how to efficiently use the platform is key.  It does so many things well.

But unless someone shows you............you donít know what you donít know
MajorKong

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 02:10:18 PM »

Does the IWI course include a handbook or manual? 
Kevlar

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »

Unfortunately not like you are hoping for.
MaverickNH

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 09:39:41 AM »

You write it, weíll buy it!
Kevlar

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 10:51:49 AM »

Maybe I should give that project more thought.

Iím still working on getting my last project going.  Not as much interest as I thought there would be.  I even went thru the trouble of getting a patent.

www.rftq.us
boscoman

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 12:46:56 PM »

Kevlar,
Impressive tourniquet. I have 32 years in EMS & I like it. It is a competitive market out there for these devises & there are a number of good ones to be had. Especially at this time it is hard to compete against the CAT when the military basically endorses it. But again, looks like a good sturdy design & well made product.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Kevlar

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 02:50:00 PM »

Thanks

It works well, especially one handed if necessary
MaverickNH

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 06:31:59 PM »

NAR has partnered with the Stop the Bleed program from American College of Surgeons and pretty much locked up with their CAT tourniquets for instruction along with Quick Clot. Marketing $$$...

Iím close to signing up for Tavor 1 in Lewisberry, PA July 2019 - just deciding whether to do a long drive from NH with my gun or fly in and borrow a X95. While Iíd prefer to use my own gun, itís not my personal rifle with mods I need practice with - itís the Tavor X95 specific operations I need to learn.

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 07:06:50 PM »

You can fly with firearms. Need to be secured and declared.

AE
Kevlar

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 10:17:46 PM »

Past few years I take an extra day and drive.  I hate flying these days.  Last time I flew for a course was a 3 day TAPS course at the Sig academy.  Couldnít fly with all the ammo needed.  Itís just a hassle. I eat the extra days to drive and have more control over my fate.  One word of advice if you go to Alliance OH,  do not eat at Subway!
MajorKong

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »

The M4/M16 immediate action/remedial action drill should still apply with the exception that the Tavor rifles do not have a forward assist. 

In the Youtube videos that I've seen, Tom Alibrando of IWI and Steve Fisher of Sentinal Conepts do not use the Israeli IWI 5 points of contact stance.  There is a distinction between doctrine and what works for the individual. 
Kevlar

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2019, 01:02:17 PM »

5 or 6 points?

Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 01:45:33 PM »

6 points with the cutlass grip.
5 points without.

4 points of contact if you're not trained by the Israelis or don't have a 30 round mag.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Kevlar

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2019, 02:23:22 PM »

Or, just do what works and gets the job done Grin
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »

Certainly that's true. But the OP is looking for something to help him find what works.

Freedom isn't free.
Kevlar

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2019, 06:15:51 PM »

OP

Do you have the cutlass grip or optional pistol grip?
cciman

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 09:49:58 PM »

There are plenty of sources on how to run an AR-pattern rifle but are there any such for the X95? When I take mine to rifle classes I have to come up with my own interpretations of operating and malfunction drills.

I *do* have to get to an IWI Academy Tavor class someday...

Manuals are like learning Kung-fu from a book, mostly useless.

Having taken other tac rifle classes already gives you an advantage--  The IWI academy classes are the way to do it. I thought it rather similar, until Level 3. The special stuff are the one handed and non-dominant handed manipulations and malfunction clearing, that comes in Level 3.

Kevlar

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 10:06:08 PM »

MaverickNH

If you can make the PA IWI class that will be the best way to learn your rifle.  Most likely that class will be taught by Tom Alibrando.  He is truly the best SME on this rifle and platform.  I guarantee you will learn a great deal in the Level 1 taught by Tom.

I have taken courses by excellent instructors like Pat M and Frank P.  Excellent instructors and courses. You learn from them for sure.  But they did not show me how to run that kind of rifle.

How about this,  if you have a specific question about something Tavor / X95 related ask and I will try to help you.  I could go on and on but I would prefer to help answer specifics.  I did an AAR on the Zahal course a few years ago, see if you can find that.  I give a specific pearl about how to operate the magazine release on the X95.  Similar to the AR but trying to push straight in can be an issue. Sort of swiping / dragging your finger over the release works better because it has a forward pivot point. When you look at the serrations and angle of the mag release you will see that this makes sense.  Just an example of a small point
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 01:57:27 PM »

Manuals are like learning Kung-fu from a book, mostly useless.
I wouldn't say completely useless. A manual can explain/describe/show a technique. For example, how to change a magazine can be learned from a manual. Even some of the quirks of manipulating the bullpup platform or things specific to an X95 can be learned from a book.

This doesn't replace live instruction.

Just like a lot of quality practice can be done with dry practice, but live fire is still necessary to really hone those skills.

Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length