Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2019, 11:34:20 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 Operating Guide?
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: X95 Operating Guide?  (Read 894 times)
MaverickNH

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2019, 07:49:10 AM »

Yeah, a YouTube video series would probably be better and easier than a manual. Iím signed up for Tavor 1 in PA with TomA - the IWI posts on the recent class in OH looked great. IWI has good maintenance videos but fewer operating videos - just enough to make you want to sign up for a class! It looks like a packed 2-days.

Iíll swap my Meprolight M21 out for an ACOG TA44 ACSS 1.5x optic - the M21 does great for me within 50yd but the bullseye dot is too big past 100yd for anything other than hits on man - but thatís what itís for I guess. With a 3x magnifier my M21 groups shrink to a few inches at 100yd - close to MOA from a bag rest.
cciman

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2019, 11:53:37 AM »

ACOG may be too high an optic for efficient learning in that class
Compare the heights of the red dot relative to the barrel...the lower the better--- the Mepro, or similar is fine for the class (that is what he has on his loaner weapon).

Have fun, and enjoy.
Kevlar

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2019, 02:41:02 PM »

The TA 44 will be fine height wise if thatís the optic you think will work best for you.

Remember that the X95 and AR rail heights and sight heights are different.

Usually lower is better but on the X95 that is not the case.  You can only mash your face down so far.  That is why several companies make a raised rail for the X95

Optic mounts are described as they relate to the AR platform.

So a RDS in a ďlower 1/3Ē will actually give you about an absolute co witness on the X95

If you take the TA 44 to class Tom will be familiar with it.  He ran a TA44 on his SAR back when he was at BW/Academi.  That was the first time I had ever looked thru one.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length