Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2019, 01:18:57 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Tungsten Disulfide lubricants
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tungsten Disulfide lubricants  (Read 272 times)
Andygold

« on: April 25, 2019, 04:39:25 PM »

Anyone here have any experience with the above?  I've read that it is the slipperiest substance that currently exists.  I realize that some places say it must be professionally applied by high pressure spraying, but then I've read that some people use it on their bullets, which then semi-permanently lubes their barrels (with corresponding higher chronograph velocities).  Others seem to mix it into some other liquid lubricants, and apply it that way.

So, anyone have any real world experience with this stuff in regards to firearms (or anything else).  As a solid metal product, it seems counterintuitive to use it as a lube as it sounds to me like it would be abrasive, but obviously that's not the case as stated above, it's touted as the slipperiest stuff know to mankind.

Any thoughts/experiences?
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2019, 06:39:36 PM »

No first hand experience, but it sounds like a 21st century version of molylubing your bullets...

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2019, 08:47:06 PM »

I have used it mixed with SuperLube for my trigger grease for years. One word of warning, I have been informed that it is small enough to be absorbed through the skin and to wear rubber gloves handling it.

AE

* KIMG0356.JPG (2745.01 KB, 4160x2340 - viewed 27 times.)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 10:15:51 PM by Aussie E » Logged
Andygold

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 09:44:50 PM »

I have used it mixed with Superlube for my trigger grease for years. One word of warning, I have been informed that it is small enough to be absorbed through the skin and to wear rubber gloves handling it.

AE

Good to know!
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2019, 10:20:08 PM »

SuperLube is also a phenomenal grease by itself, use it without the TDL powder for general gun use. My go to gun grease is CTC Brake Caliper grease you can get at any auto part store, but it stinks. All of these were recommended to me by my gunsmith friend who is the head smith at one of the top 3-Gun shooters company.
Plinker
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 10:33:26 PM »

SuperLube is also a phenomenal grease by itself, use it without the TDL powder for general gun use. My go to gun grease is CTC Brake Caliper grease you can get at any auto part store, but it stinks. All of these were recommended to me by my gunsmith friend who is the head smith at one of the top 3-Gun shooters company.

Good to know, Aussie E!  Thanks for the tip!

The next time you think everyone should be equal in outcome, read Kurt Vonnegut's "Harrison Bergeron".  If you don't fear that kind of world, please don't vote.
techparentz.com - Learn, Share, Teach.
Andygold

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2019, 04:41:35 PM »

Couldn't find anything by CTC, but did find CRC Synthetic Brake & Caliper Grease.  Is this the right stuff?

* image_505600_1_20411_1_4247.jpg (16.47 KB, 160x300 - viewed 12 times.)
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2019, 08:37:41 PM »

Yep, that's it. If you look at the information you'll see it has a lot of same properties and ingredients of more expensive gun products. One of those jars will last a long time as well.

AE
Andygold

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2019, 09:10:54 PM »

Yep, that's it. If you look at the information you'll see it has a lot of same properties and ingredients of more expensive gun products. One of those jars will last a long time as well.

AE

And, they say it's safe for "all" plastics, which is a plus!
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2019, 10:01:09 PM »

It stinks though.

AE
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length