Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2019, 03:31:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Whatís the latest excuse for 223 delays? What is the status of the chutes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: Whatís the latest excuse for 223 delays? What is the status of the chutes?  (Read 5246 times)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2019, 11:31:16 AM »

I suspect you are right...but that behavior is erratic.
Box

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2019, 12:01:55 PM »

Iím glad Iím not the only one who noticed the weird recoil.   Seems way too sharp with too much muzzle rise for 5.56.

Thatís disappointing.  I was hoping the 5.56 would be different because the .308 MDRís recoil is ridiculous.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2019, 12:03:03 PM »

Being rear heavy contributes to this as well. Snappy bolt speed, rear heavy, no suppressor or weighted device at the front of the firearm - all factors likely contributing to muzzle rise.

With the OSS on mine, itís smooth and clean. A bit snappier than other 308s still, but leagues beyond the experience with just the FH.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2019, 08:32:49 PM »

It could be a bolt carrier issue, but I'm also thinking that it might be a weight distribution issue; more weight in the back than the front and all things considered, you see more jump.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2019, 12:03:24 AM »

My Tavor nor MSAR exhibit this type of characteristics...so not sure...all the weight is in the back on those as well.

Tavor and MSAR is more of a push feel...MDR seems snappy back...I know when I shot the 308 MDR...it felt odd...plinking...you don't notice it much but doing double taps or doing a El Presidente drill...you def notice it being "off"... 5.56 seems to behave the same as the .308...
Box

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2019, 01:22:33 AM »

Seems way over gassed.   I wonder how reliable it would be in 5.56 if that was turned down a notch or 2?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2019, 08:51:14 AM »

Probably choke...if we look at facts and history on the MDR...the mechanism requires excessive bolt velocity...
Box

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2019, 02:04:08 PM »

Probably choke...if we look at facts and history on the MDR...the mechanism requires excessive bolt velocity...

I hope that isn't the case.  It seems DT has made some nice strides with getting some reliability issues resolved (although I haven't heard the brittle polymer, pins walking out, or the wonky safety missing a strong detent being addressed yet).  

I hope the 5.56 MDR's gas setting can be tuned down to greatly reduce the recoil without sacrificing reliability.   That's a key issue for me.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 02:38:48 PM by Box » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2019, 02:34:15 PM »

We shall see...that "reliability" came at the cost of over gassing a gun that was already way over gassed as is...on the 308...
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 03:41:13 PM by thehun » Logged
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2019, 08:58:40 AM »

Those 223 MDRs must be keepers, been 3 weeks since they started shipping the ones with chutes (per Nic W. In the last DT video] and not one 223 MDR is on Gunbroker. Also can't seem to find any in local gun stores so they must be flying off the shelves when they get them in. The 308 ones they have aren't moving that fast, which I believe is due to people either going to be poor elsewhere or like me, holding onto their $ for the opportunity to be rewarded with a 223 version as right now it is the hot ticket. Just glad they are finally flooding the streets and can't wait for all the reviews and videos.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:43:32 AM by Aussie E » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2019, 10:28:03 AM »

Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn DT never misleads.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes how dare you hold them accountable... sinner ...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:31:11 AM by thehun » Logged
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2019, 04:58:46 PM »

Odd...I've seen .223 MDRs on Gunbroker regularly over the past few weeks.  Not new listings every day, but often enough to know they're out there and selling.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #52 on: May 24, 2019, 05:13:41 PM »

I only saw one since "released" on GB...without a chute...obviously
whiskey91lima

« Reply #53 on: May 24, 2019, 06:43:01 PM »

We shall see...that "reliability" came at the cost of over gassing a gun that was already way over gassed as is...on the 308...

Reliability in quotes is correct; the gun isn't actually reliable. DT got the rifle to function by over gassing it and crowd source tuning the MDR. Reliability has to do with failures over the course of thousands of rounds shot, different wear conditions, different clean conditions, etc.
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2019, 10:22:27 PM »

Odd...I've seen .223 MDRs on Gunbroker regularly over the past few weeks.  Not new listings every day, but often enough to know they're out there and selling.

If you could do a brother a solid and PM me next time you see one I would appreciate it, as I'm finding it hard to get my grubby little hands on one of those majestic 223 unicorns. How many you pick up to go with your two 308 ones?

AE
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #55 on: May 24, 2019, 10:33:46 PM »

If you could do a brother a solid and PM me next time you see one I would appreciate it, as I'm finding it hard to get my grubby little hands on one of those majestic 223 unicorns. How many you pick up to go with your two 308 ones?

AE

The plan is to acquire two, perhaps three if I decide to have a standalone .300BO.  But that will be later this year once I get back on my feet and find a job now that college is over.  PM me an email address and I'll forward you the searches when I see them.

Kurt
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2019, 08:32:40 AM »

Solid plan! You'll have a great collection of rifles and with that many in the rotation they won't great worn out as much as just owning one that you shoot all the time. Any thoughts on converting one to 7.6CM?

You mentioned acquiring two not buying, DT sending you a couple for all your hard work keeping the message on track?

I would think you would be able to find a position with them if you were willing to relocate to Utah. Marketing maybe? Social media administrator?

Great to see you finishing college and graduating, that is one of the things I haven't crossed of my goal list yet.

AE
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 01:58:48 PM by Aussie E » Logged
Tinglyfeet9

« Reply #57 on: May 25, 2019, 03:22:41 PM »

AE, you are a god of visceral sarcasm, and I love it.

Now tell me how you mean every word in good faith so the mods don't get upset when you are tattled on Wink.
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #58 on: May 25, 2019, 03:42:04 PM »

You may be able to ban negativity, but I think sarcasm  is covered under the first amendment.

AE
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #59 on: May 25, 2019, 03:55:16 PM »

AE...I try to be nice and all you do is troll.  Sad.  You pass it off as "sarcasm", but after a point that wears thin and all it is is blatant trolling and personal snipes.

Kurt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length