Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2019, 01:46:11 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Magazine Adapter (now with less MPi-69)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magazine Adapter (now with less MPi-69)  (Read 459 times)
FeistyCrawfish

« on: April 15, 2019, 07:06:00 PM »

Hello all.

Some of yall may know me as the Bizon guy bringing the PP-19 to life through Chitin Defense.

I got my hands on a Gen 6 kit and am considering making an adapter for magazines other than the MPi mags. I know my market may be limited (for now - big things on the horizon), but I have some ideas kicking around.

That said, Im modeling a Glock magazine adapter at the moment to test out. I have a question though - any other magazines youd like to see in your AUG 9mm conversion that Im not thinking of? Maybe Colt?
tsh77769

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2019, 07:35:21 PM »

Strongly preferring Glock.

However, Beretta 92 mags or S&W M&P mags would also be of interest.

If you were to go with a non pistol shareable mag I would look at UZI mags for obvious reasons or Scorpion mags as they are becoming a standard of sorts and are available and affordable.

A last shot bolt hold open would be welcomed but not required. Plenty of guns don't have them. I would rathet have no bolt hold open at all then one that didn't work reliable or consistently.

I would pay quite a sum for an adapter that would use Glock mags as you propose. Please add me to any notification or list you have. I own 4 AUG 9mm kits, 3 AUG's including a registered machine gun, etc. and I am very serious about this.

tsh77769@hotmail.com

Your market would indeed be tiny. There were only somewhere around 250 6th gen kits and a few hundred previous kits in the US civilian market.

However there are thousands on the US and global LE/Gov market.

I would also encourage you to consider the following options...

A US made 9mm AUG barrel (other parts are obtainable)

A complete kit with your adapter

A replacement stock with integral Glock mag well

You could market one of your solutions to any of the numerous AUG LE/Gov users around the world for training and other use. One of the issues with LE/Gov training is having enough safe distance for live fire ranges. You could market a conversion kit as a live fire training solution that would be safely usable on smaller ranges.

As an alternative I have considered looking at using the MEAN arms endo mag in a Magpul AUG mag but I have not gotten around to it and have serious concerns about the ejector/ejection issues. I would much prefer a solution such as your Glock mag proposal.

Consider reaching out to Len Savage for assistance. He welded and fitted a steel framed Glock grip/mag well housing onto my M11 sub-gun.

Please keep me in the loop.

tsh77769@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 07:41:09 PM by tsh77769 » Logged
ttarp

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 07:36:17 PM »

Any way an MP5 mag could be shoehorned into there?
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 03:38:42 AM »

Tsh77769 and ttarp both brought up some logical options.  I think if you want compatibility with readily available, inexpensive, reliable mags, Scorpion Evo, Colt SMG, and UZI are the big three (assuming UZI mags are still as cheap/common as they were last time I looked).  MP5's are not a bad option, as the popularity of HK roller-lock style pistol/carbine's in recent years has led to several options for reasonably priced MP5 mags.  Glock gets thrown in due to the sheer amount of people using them, but single feed pistol mags, relatively speaking, are not as reliable as dual feed SMG style mags, and won't be directly compatible with the AUG in particular, being that it is originally designed for proper SMG type dual feed magazines.  Admittedly, I am basing this off my limited research into the subject, not an engineering degree, so I welcome correction if I am mistaken.  My only other real reason to object to an AUG feeding from Glock mags is the awful aesthetics of it, but that is the same reason I hate Glock mag fed AR's, and bears no weight in a discussion of what makes good business sense. Wink

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling/Optic, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit+24" HBAR w/bipod)
-Kel Tec RDB Black (Just an optic/sights/AFG)
-EAA Appeal (.22 WMR, TRS-25)
-HTA Hi-Point 995TS (sights/AFG/sling)
tsh77769

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 10:40:26 AM »

"are not as reliable as dual feed SMG style mags, and won't be directly compatible with the AUG in particular, being that it is originally designed for proper SMG type dual feed magazines"

I'm not so sure.

Glock mags would be my preferred choice for pistol cross compatibility. I would only consider one of the others as a distant second alternative.

Tsh77769
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:39:41 PM »

"are not as reliable as dual feed SMG style mags, and won't be directly compatible with the AUG in particular, being that it is originally designed for proper SMG type dual feed magazines"

I'm not so sure.

Glock mags would be my preferred choice for pistol cross compatibility. I would only consider one of the others as a distant second alternative.

Tsh77769

Admittedly, I do not own, have never owned, and will likely never own a Glock for various reasons, none of which have anything to do with the platform's excellent reliability and durability, I assure you.  I've put rounds through dozen's of Glock models, in every caliber, and in various generations, and they are simply not for me, so my only Glock mag's belong to my Kriss Vector.  I suppose if there was a 9mm AUG adapter for Glock mags I would potentially have an excuse to get a 9mm lower for the Kriss finally...  Cheesy Wink

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling/Optic, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit+24" HBAR w/bipod)
-Kel Tec RDB Black (Just an optic/sights/AFG)
-EAA Appeal (.22 WMR, TRS-25)
-HTA Hi-Point 995TS (sights/AFG/sling)
tsh77769

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 09:05:02 PM »

Of all the magazine choices discussed so far, Glock mags have by far the largest # of users. That's why I am thinking that unless there is some compelling design and function issue that would still be the best choice.

tsh77769
Mjoelnir

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 09:52:59 PM »

MP5s are the hegemon of SMGs, I think their mags would be the best choice, and are probably the only new adapter that I would have interest in.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length