Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 18, 2019, 11:46:30 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Speaking of accuracy...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Speaking of accuracy...  (Read 533 times)
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: April 07, 2019, 05:26:18 AM »

I thought I'd share this with y'all:

I put an 18.5" barrel on my X95 for various reasons. When I first shot it, the groups were terrible. Then I reinstalled the 16.5" and got the same horrible groups; ~4.5MOA. This meant it was either me or the ammo (most likely both), but not the barrel.

Today I went with Wolf Gold 55gr rounds which have always worked well for me in the past. Not surprisingly the groups were better. These groups average to 2.2MOA. This is more what I expect from the X95. I'm sure I could be more consistent with hand loaded ammo, but this ammo is inexpensive and seems to work OK.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »

As you probably already know, Wolf Gold is made in Taiwan.  For bulk ammo it's pretty darned good.  I also find bulk 55g PMC Bronze .223 (Korea) to do well as far as accuracy, though it's closer to 3000 fps when I chrono it out of a 20" barrel as opposed to some others closer to 3300 fps.  I get about that same 2-MOA as you with my SAR with this ammo.

I do have some home loads using the 68g Hornady with 25g of Varget that chrono at about 2750 in the SAR.  With a 1-4 scope I can get 1-MOA with these off a bench/bags with good conditions.  With an Eotech red dot it drops to 1.5-1.75 MOA.  The younger your eyes, the better one can usually do with a quality red dot.  I leave it with the red dot, as I don't see it as a precision paper puncher for my use.

Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 06:50:57 PM »

I didn't know Wolf was made in Taiwan, but I knew it was "cheap" ammo. That's one reason I bought it in the first place. I keep buying it because I get favorable results with it. Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length