Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2019, 09:57:39 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Desert Tech Now offering the new extractor and gas valve
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Desert Tech Now offering the new extractor and gas valve  (Read 951 times)
JesseJames38

« on: April 05, 2019, 02:40:27 PM »

Desert Tech just released a video yesterday stating that now all new production .308 MDR's will have the wider extractor and 2019 gas valve installed when leaving the facility

That's good news for all the new buyers who get one.  And now is the time to start to contact the warranty department for a RMA to ship yours back to get the new extractor and gas valve.

I didn't hear them mention anything about the hand guards but I am assuming this is just a simple cutout they will do to the hand guards that can be done in house by a CNC machine.

Here is the video
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltoCvb7TgAs
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 03:23:03 PM »

Wonder where they stand on the .223 chutes and production on the rifle...no update since the initial 20 or so .223s being "shipped".

More
Development
Required
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 03:25:07 PM by thehun » Logged
JesseJames38

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 03:40:41 PM »

I have no idea thehun.  But you could always email them and see what they tell you
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2019, 10:55:41 PM »

Wonder where they stand on the .223 chutes and production on the rifle...no update since the initial 20 or so .223s being "shipped".

More
Development
Required

When I spoke with DT yesterday to get an RMA for my two barrels/bolts, I got a bit of information.  However, I'm not going to add to the rumor mill or hearsay express and just say, if you really want to know, ask when you call for your RMA for the barrel/bolt.

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2019, 11:26:04 PM »

More
Development
Required

When I spoke with DT yesterday to get an RMA for my two barrels/bolts, I got a bit of information.  However, I'm not going to add to the rumor mill or hearsay express and just say, if you really want to know, ask when you call for your RMA for the barrel/bolt.

Once again if yours "run perfect" why are you having this done?

AE
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2019, 11:46:45 PM »

When I spoke with DT yesterday to get an RMA for my two barrels/bolts, I got a bit of information.  However, I'm not going to add to the rumor mill or hearsay express and just say, if you really want to know, ask when you call for your RMA for the barrel/bolt.

AE

Good grief, give it a freaking rest, AE; I already covered this in several other threads...do you not remember the last time you asked and were told?

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2019, 11:47:58 PM »

Short attention span, please remind me.

AE
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2019, 11:48:21 PM »

AE

Doesn't matter if his runs or not, he paid for two and he's entitled to those parts as much as anybody else.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 12:10:02 AM »

AE

Doesn't matter if his runs or not, he paid for two and he's entitled to those parts as much as anybody else.

Yep, the old engineering adage:

If it ain't broke f*** with it till it is.

AE
JesseJames38

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2019, 05:28:45 PM »

Anyways, Since the post is about the new extractor and gas valve. I figured I will post up some photos of the extractor width on the Current MDR and DPMS.  I haven't sent my rifle back to DT yet to get a new extractor. If some one else receive there's back before I get mine sent out perhaps you can place a photo with the new extractor width.    It will be nice to see how much has changed for the new vs old extractor

* Bolt Face.jpg (88.27 KB, 810x1080 - viewed 63 times.)

* DPMS extractor.jpg (81.51 KB, 1080x810 - viewed 52 times.)

* MDR extractor.jpg (98.61 KB, 810x1080 - viewed 48 times.)
toddfandb

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 12:08:43 AM »

Did not take measurements but I did take a couple of photos before I installed the new extractor.

* Extractor.jpg (129.01 KB, 1865x1187 - viewed 65 times.)

* Extractor2.jpg (159.64 KB, 1044x1760 - viewed 73 times.)
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 11:22:50 AM »

Looks machined steel vs MIM like the original extractor...good move but I thought DT said machined steel extractors werent as good as their MIM design...I am confused...wonder what else will change from their "thoroughly" tested and validated first design... Evil Evil Evil

Looks beefy...should serve well....
JesseJames38

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 11:53:08 AM »

Thanks for the comparison photos.  I must say it looks like they added quite a bit more surface area to the extractor.  It seem they are wanting people to send in there rifles to change out the barrel extension along with the extractor. Did you have to send in your rifle for a new barrel extension? If not have you notice any issues with your extractor contacting anything in the barrel extension its self? I am assuming you received this extractor just recently?  Hope it helps out the rifle, it appears to be the same size of extractor the first Inrange DT rifle had.

Thanks again for posting the photos you have.
toddfandb

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 03:43:18 PM »

I did need to send my barrel back for the extension swap. I received the barrel and new extractor back in a week or so. It took about 10 minutes to swap out the extractor.
This all happened a couple of months ago and due to the weather I've only had it out once.
The good news is in that one trip it shot perfectly both normal and suppressed. About 100 rounds each.
Before that I was lucky to get 40 rounds without getting an empty case stuck in the chamber.
I'm very optimistic that my .308 will now perform like it was intended too.

kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 06:48:55 PM »

DT requires you to return the rifle and the bolt for the extractor upgrade.

Kurt
Tinglyfeet9
New Posting Member

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 08:55:37 PM »

toddfandb what suppressor are you running?
toddfandb

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 10:23:29 PM »

Tinglyfeet9

I'm running a Silencerco Hybrid.

Its my first suppressor so  I wanted a lot of flexibility.  

* Hybrid.JPG (84.89 KB, 1490x782 - viewed 40 times.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 10:27:31 PM by toddfandb » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length