Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2019, 01:48:38 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  AUG A3 M1 Serialized Parts?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AUG A3 M1 Serialized Parts?  (Read 622 times)
Andygold

« on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:06 AM »

Just curious as to which parts on the above are serialized.

Do ALL of the parts that are serialized have matching numbers, or could/should there be there multiple non-matching serial numbers on an M1?

Andygold

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »

40 views and no replies?
mpd3285
^

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 11:30:59 AM »

To my understanding,  the bolt and reciever are it. The gas blocks on the barrels are not.

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Andygold

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »

Thank you.

So basically,  if you purchase a used AUG with an 18" or 20" barrel for example (and described as "factory stock" or "all original"), you really don't know if it is the original barrel, or if it might have come with a 16" from the factory.

Can the S/N be run through some database to determine exactly how the rifle was set up from the factory?
mpd3285
^

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 04:56:08 PM »

You can try contacting Steyr to have them check, or if you want to PM me the info, I can check in on it. I'll be in Bessemer on Friday to get supplies and swag for this weekends AUG class.

Andygold

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 01:52:23 PM »

You can try contacting Steyr to have them check, or if you want to PM me the info, I can check in on it. I'll be in Bessemer on Friday to get supplies and swag for this weekends AUG class.

mpd3285...Thank you for the offer!  I don't have a particular rifle in mind right now.  My question is more to when I go to view the used rifle that I may be looking to purchase...I was curious as to whether there would be matching numbers to look for.  Although a parts-gun should/may work as good as a factory gun, I'd prefer that everything is "original" as it came from the factory.  In my OP, I wasn't sure if stocks, or trigger groups, or barrels, etc... had S/N's.  I've read about unscrupulous sellers dying stocks (I think it's green to black) to make a rifle seem more valuable and rare, and wanted to avoid buying something that someone may have cobbled together out of various parts in the hopes of fooling someone into thinking it is rare.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 09:28:11 AM »

This guide will help you look over the older generations of AUGs. http://www.steyr-aug.com/buy_a_new_aug.htm
They are more likely to be the ones someone is trying to scam a collector on, although still rare for someone to try it. The Austrian Import A1,A2, and USR ceased importation about 30 years ago and pre 86 full autos will fetch a premium. The M1s are less likely to be counterfeit as production continues.

Andygold

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 02:20:47 PM »

This guide will help you look over the older generations of AUGs. http://www.steyr-aug.com/buy_a_new_aug.htm
They are more likely to be the ones someone is trying to scam a collector on, although still rare for someone to try it. The Austrian Import A1,A2, and USR ceased importation about 30 years ago and pre 86 full autos will fetch a premium. The M1s are less likely to be counterfeit as production continues.

Thank you for the link!  Much appreciated.
Halmbarte

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 12:47:34 PM »

Matching numbers are usually seen on firearms that have parts fitted to each other and are intended to use as a set. The Sov wasnít stamping numbers on every AK part assembly for fun, itís because those bits only fit that rifle.

AUGs are made to Western standards for interchangeability and only the receiver is serialized. The other numbers seen on bolts, cam pins, and the like are probably drawing or revision numbers for change control.

H
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length