Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 08:18:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Shotguns
| |-+  Kel-Tec KSG (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  Kel-Tec KS7 Reviews
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kel-Tec KS7 Reviews  (Read 341 times)
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: March 03, 2019, 10:25:02 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqMb5udo0kc
dntam

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 05:20:17 PM »

I would have liked to see  him test some Federal 13200 or some slugs. Also I would like to see how to mount a light on the shotgun. The Mlok slots do not look like great places to mount a light.
MarkB

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 05:11:39 PM »

Today I fired my KS7 for the first time. I thought I might have some problems. I was using some 12ga snap caps to test for function and I was having problems with feeding. While racking the pump, the outer cartridge catch (part #KS&-331) would not release the shell from the magazine. Most times, a second pump released the shell. Sometimes I could go 8 or 10 rounds with no problems and then I would have a failure every other round. I called Kel-Tec this AM and discussed this problem. The tech and I agreed on several points. The problem might be a "break-in" problem and I needed to shoot the KS7 to find out. The pump needed to be sharply pumped. The 12ga snap caps might have different size rims than live shells. The edges of the rear rims of the snap caps were beat up and may have contributed to the problem.

I made it to the range this afternoon to shoot the KS7. I shot 22 Winchester AA shells, 18 Agulia mini-shell slugs, 9 Aguila mini-shell buckshot, and 4 regular #4 buck shells. I had NO failures with live ammo except for the 4 regular shells. I believe the 2 failures I had with the regular shells were dur to operator error induced by the increased recoil. Now this LIGHT 12ga shotgun grabs your attention when you fire it with regular shells. The AA shells had some recoil but were easy. The mini-shells were delightful. They functioned correctly and had very low recoil. I'd say equal to or less than 5.56 NATO.

The sight rail, for me was too low and, as a result, I was shooting high. I'll change to the Picatinny rail, mount a red dot and see how it goes.

I really enjoyed shooting my KS7

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 06:36:34 PM »

I wouldn't worry about snap caps being an issue...they aren't real rounds...
MarkB

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 09:38:57 PM »

I agree.  I was concerned because of the failure of the snap caps.  Regular, live rounds worked just fine.  The mini's were sweet.
dntam

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »

What kind of malfunctions did you have?  Short stroking?, Light primer strikes?, misfeed?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:20:48 PM by dntam » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 09:53:53 PM »

The failures I had with the 12ga snap caps were all a failure of the outer cartridge catch (part #KS7-331) to move far enough to release the shell from the mag tube.  The shellstayed in the mag tube.  A second pump usually released the snap cap.  Again,  I had no failures with live ammo.
dntam

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 11:19:29 PM »

I thought you had said you had failures  with four shells.  So I am not really sure what you meant.

In any case  I would not worry about snap cap failures.  I have Azoom 12 g. snap caps that jam in my Benelli SN but no problems with live ammo.

If it has brisk recoil perhaps "stretching the shotgun" as you fire it will help.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 11:25:38 PM by dntam » Logged
MarkB

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 11:44:03 PM »

I had two failures with the four high brass #4 buck.  I believe it was because the KS7 was jumping up and down on me.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length