Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2019, 05:51:29 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  New X95
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New X95  (Read 1429 times)
Lag1791
New Posting Member

« on: February 23, 2019, 07:12:28 PM »

Just purchased a slightly used X95 16" in FDE. Paid $1900 for it.
already comes with:
Super Sabra Trigger Pack,
Super Sabra Lightning Bow Trigger
Pistol grip
HLG Mamba Ambi Safety,
Percival Armaments X-95 Shell Deflector
Spare Firing Pin and Spring, Muzzle Break, original stock parts.

I figured this was a decent deal since i live in Mass, so no new AR's and these x95's go for $1750-$1900 (plus 6.25% tax) here new. Without all the extras.

Only thing I have to buy is optics. Pretty sure i'm sold on a the Mepro M21 with triangle. This firearm will mostly be used between 25 and 100 yards.

I might play at the 200/300 yard range and if i do that I might buy a red dot magnifier or more likely a separate cheap 1-4x scope like the
Bushnell AR Optics, FFP Illuminated BTR-1 BDC Riflescope  1-4x/24. I already have a Burris one piece QR P.E.P.R mount, not in use so switching between them should be easy and quick.

Picking her up this Thursday.

Hkbeltfed

« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2019, 11:19:09 PM »

Congrats on your purchase!

IMHO, you may want to rethink the optic though, the M21 is a turd. Current Eotech Xps2, Aimpoint Micro & Nano, Trijicon MRO, Hensoldt RSA, Mepro RDS, etc owner.
Bullpup777

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 10:36:33 AM »

Holosun HS510c
Lag1791
New Posting Member

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 07:46:55 PM »

i sent the last several days looking at every optic known to man. So confusing with lots of conflicting info.

I have set my mind to this EOTECH set. Got large profit share bonus at work I get in a few weeks ($4k) so decided i want to get a quality unit. Feel the pain once and buy something nice.

Love the Green Reticle.

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 09:29:32 PM »

Good choice, had that setup with red reticle for awhile on my SAR and really liked it before I upgraded to a Elcan DR.

AE
boscoman

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2019, 08:32:33 AM »

Good choice, had that setup with red reticle for awhile on my SAR and really liked it before I upgraded to a Elcan DR.

AE

If $$ is not too much of an issue here, The Elcan is one hell of an optic that gives you both the 1:1, & 4X all in one package.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
Lag1791
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 01:58:03 AM »

If $$ is not too much of an issue here, The Elcan is one hell of an optic that gives you both the 1:1, & 4X all in one package.
[/quote]

Yeah, I'm at my $$ limit with the Eotech, LOL!
downeyg

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2019, 12:03:29 PM »

Whatever optic you choose, do yourself a big favor and get the higher rail.  It changes the shooting to a whole different level.  I got the Razorback and I am very happy with it.  If you do not want to spend the money then get a 1/2" riser. 
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2019, 12:25:01 AM »

I currently have a TA33 and VCOG on my two SARs, they have sported Eotechs, Aimpoints and Elcan throughout their lives and all on factory rails, never saw the need for a higher rail. Before you go out and buy an aftermarket rail get your optic and see how it is. If you feel uncomfortable or just want a higher rail after firing some rounds downrange go out and get Gearhead Work's rail.

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »

Bingo what Aussie said....I never felt the need for a higher rail on a Tavor.
MajorKong

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 06:21:53 AM »

The eotech exps sights have higher than normal sight over bore.  I have one on my x95 so I know it to be fact.  Point is, like others have said you will definitely want to try it out without a riser before you go out and purchase one.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 10:19:47 AM »

As Kong indicated the EXPS is higher due to the integral mount and is also the version I had with a G33 magnifier on it. I mounted the G33 so that when moved to the side I could still deploy the BUIS which on an AR would give you a lower 1/3 sight picture but with a Tavor gives you a co-witness sight picture with the built in back ups.

AE
cciman

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 04:24:25 PM »

Almost all optics with integral mounting are made with the AR rifle as the height reference.
The 1/3 co-witness will have the center of the optic higher than the absolute co-witness.
Height over bore becomes a bigger issue with the Tavor than the AR  Adding a riser just makes it worse.

Using an optic without a riser (absolute co-witness) is the best way to go if you are even thinking of short range use- so an optic with a larger glass without parallax is the best compromise.  It is not always that you can get your face perfectly behind the glass when shooting from weird positions and different covers
panzerbob01

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2019, 02:57:55 PM »

I'll chime in for the EoTech set - no risers.  Just finally took out both my X95 and my SAR-16 last weekend for their first shoot. I mounted up my on-hand XPS2 and G33 3x magnifier on flip-to-side mount, zeroed the optic co-witness to the irons at 50 yrds, on the X95, and spent the next couple hours making easy 1.5 - 2 inch groups on 50 yrd targets off of a stack of wood boxes as a "bench". I'm an older, fatter guy w/ weakening eyes and no recent rifle experience (last, before last week, about 35 yrs ago!), and I used a mix of cheapest-kind 55 gr ammo.  I ended the exercise with some slo-mo, old guy move-and-shoot "assault" on 2 1/2-sized torso targets with multiple mag-changes from 35 to about 15 yrds... all into the heads and "hearts".  The optic set was comfy to use and target acquisition, rapid and excellent.  I repeated all with the SAR. Same overall (but I like the mag-release better on the SAR...).  I also have other optics - Mepro-21, ACOG, Aimpoint PRO, Aimpoint H1, Mepro RDS... Guess I'll try them all eventually. But the EoTech experience was, frankly, fantastic!
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length