Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2019, 06:37:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  New MDR aluminum Handguard - ready for pre-ordering
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: New MDR aluminum Handguard - ready for pre-ordering  (Read 10027 times)
RadStorm

« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2019, 11:58:26 AM »

RadStorm,  I just received an e-mail message back from Richard at Lucky Irishman Firearms. He advised that they were packing up and would be shipping out my rail tomorrow. He asked to confirm my address. Looks like they were busy getting these out, which explains the slow response to e-mail queries. Hopefully your rail is going out tomorrow as well.

Glad to see you were able to get a response. Like you said he was probably busy with packing all the rails up.  Hopefully shipping will be quick enough to get them this week!
Bigboi
New Posting Member

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2019, 03:06:16 PM »

RadStorm,  I just received an e-mail message back from Richard at Lucky Irishman Firearms. He advised that they were packing up and would be shipping out my rail tomorrow. He asked to confirm my address. Looks like they were busy getting these out, which explains the slow response to e-mail queries. Hopefully your rail is going out tomorrow as well.

What email did u use to contact him im trying to get him to respond with either a refund or sending the handguard out i never got a response since i asked him in August if it was able to be ordered or confirmation on my shipping i sent a couple of emails never heard anything back
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #82 on: October 26, 2019, 11:59:45 PM »

Send me a message and I'll give you the address that I used. I don't if it's OK to post the address here or not.

Disregard. I just  sent you a message to your e-mail address, with his e-mail address.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 12:06:11 AM by INV136 » Logged
Bigboi
New Posting Member

« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2019, 10:16:11 AM »

Send me a message and I'll give you the address that I used. I don't if it's OK to post the address here or not.

Disregard. I just  sent you a message to your e-mail address, with his e-mail address.

Thx for the email hopefully he replies i think i might have sent it to him before through that email before. Relly i hope ots not sending my emails to the spam folder like it did wiith yours idk how i will contact him then
RadStorm

« Reply #84 on: October 29, 2019, 12:02:25 AM »

Here is another update for people who don't use Facebook. Seems like they are shipping any day now.

* Facebook Update.png (31.94 KB, 474x308 - viewed 36 times.)
AF Gunner

« Reply #85 on: October 29, 2019, 11:43:07 AM »

I got an email with a tracking number. At least the shipping label was created.

Your LIFe Industries, LLC order is on its way
Dear Name,
Your order from LIFe Industries, LLC is in the mail!
The package is being shipped via USPS to the following address:
RadStorm

« Reply #86 on: October 29, 2019, 01:04:14 PM »

I got an email with a tracking number. At least the shipping label was created.

Your LIFe Industries, LLC order is on its way
Dear Name,
Your order from LIFe Industries, LLC is in the mail!
The package is being shipped via USPS to the following address:

Same here, got it just now.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #87 on: October 29, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »

I just received mine as well, today.  Smiley
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #88 on: October 29, 2019, 07:21:14 PM »

I received a tracking number as well.  Given the amount of time that he mentioned was required to get the orders packaged, I figure it will probably be received by USPS on Wednesday.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #89 on: October 29, 2019, 09:48:21 PM »

If anyone can post a picture of the short HG with an OSS suppressor mounted I would be very grateful!
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:18 PM »

I'll do that when mine arrives later this week.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #91 on: October 30, 2019, 03:12:34 AM »

Excellent, thanks.
KMcPheron

« Reply #92 on: October 30, 2019, 07:19:43 AM »

Orders are going out just for the black handguards, right? Any eta on the tan ones?
Steelviper
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #93 on: October 30, 2019, 04:39:26 PM »

Now that these are shipping  Cool wondering what the shortest length barrel clears the LONGER handguard.
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2019, 05:10:21 PM »

I just received my railed hand guard. Here's a picture with my AAC M240 SD sound suppressor attached. By the way, the first hole of my AAC muzzle brake/QD suppressor just clears the end of the short rail, without the suppressor attached. Because the end of the rail is a little long, the QD release lever on my suppressor is covered by the rail. I need to use something like a screw driver to reach between the rail and the QD release lever to remove the suppressor from the barrel muzzle brake/QD.

http://
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 05:12:42 PM by INV136 » Logged
Tinglyfeet9

« Reply #95 on: November 01, 2019, 01:15:19 PM »

That looks fantastic!  How solid is the lockup, any concern of POI shift?
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #96 on: November 01, 2019, 02:14:12 PM »

It's solid. No concerns there. One of the screws did not screw all the way in, so I found a shorter screw in my set of screws that would fit. Other than the issue with the rail covering the QD release lever on my suppressor, I like this rail.
HardEight

« Reply #97 on: November 06, 2019, 08:05:30 AM »

How hot does the handguard get after a couple magazines? The mount sits directly over the gas block (though I hope doesn't contact), and aluminum is a very good conductor.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #98 on: November 06, 2019, 06:33:18 PM »

I've owned this MDR since they first sent them out and still haven't fired it yet. I do have a Galil ACE .308 with an RS Regulate aluminum rail that I installed, similar to this one, and it gets hot pretty quick. I have added a vertical grip to the Galil because of the heat issue. I would imagine that this one will get hot also.
HardEight

« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2019, 12:50:34 AM »

Galil ACE handguards attach via a screw that contacts both the barrel and gas tube, hence why I asked about this one's mount system. If it stands clear of the gas block, heat shouldn't be that big of an issue.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length