Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 25, 2019, 04:59:27 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Israeli special forces video, some X95s in it
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Israeli special forces video, some X95s in it  (Read 1346 times)
konigstigerii

« on: February 16, 2019, 11:52:07 PM »

Watched a video on Israeli special force, no narration just footage of them in training. There are a few X95s floating around, but seems most are armed with M4 or similar AR weapons. Interesting choice but they seem ok with the M4 in cqb.

https://youtu.be/AuTdN1KNqrg
boscoman

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 06:04:41 PM »

Comment removed
:>l
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 06:07:31 PM by boscoman » Logged

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 07:59:23 PM »

Nice. Wasn't there an article last year that said the Israeli special forces (not the entire IDF though) would be switching back to using ARs?

On another note, I noticed that one of the X95s in the video has the QD quad rail front handguard, while the guy following him has the round handguard with an integral suppressor. So that handguard has not been completely phased out--it still has its place, apparently.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »

There's no telling how old the clips are in this video so, you can't use it as a compendium of what the IDF is or isn't currently using. It only shows what they have used. Also, just like most military units, what they use will not be one standard thing, but a collection of different tools.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »

There's no telling how old the clips are in this video so, you can't use it as a compendium of what the IDF is or isn't currently using. It only shows what they have used. Also, just like most military units, what they use will not be one standard thing, but a collection of different tools.

Hey Rastoff: Black.

Now go on. Say white.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Leonitus

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 01:20:40 PM »

Now go on. Say white.

It doesnt take a genius to read comments posted from TWO YEARS AGO, Rastoff’s statement is true
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 01:26:48 PM by Leonitus » Logged
Leonitus

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2019, 01:21:48 PM »

Hot link.....

https://youtu.be/AuTdN1KNqrg
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 07:46:23 PM »

Now go on. Say white.

It doesnt take a genius to read comments posted from TWO YEARS AGO, Rastoff’s statement is true

Hey buddy--I bet you're a real people person...

In the video there is an integrally suppressed X95 side by side with the quad rail version. That may have been THREE YEARS AGO, Captain Caps Lock, but the fact remains. I'm not in the IDF and I don't know what they're using right now, but ACCORDING TO THE VIDEO, they were using the round handguard on an integrally suppressed X95 ALONG WITH the newer handguard. Therefore it isn't a matter of speculation that the Israeli special forces are using the round handguard for integrally suppressed X95s. IT'S IN THE VIDEO. To Rastoff's speculation that they have been fully phased out as of 2019, maybe you're right. I'll believe that when you can show me an integrally suppressed X95 with quad-rail handguard in the IDF....

The things people like to argue about sometimes...  Roll Eyes

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 12:00:23 AM »

For a minute I thought I had opened a thread in the MDR forum, had to slowly back out and verify this was the Tavor forum

AE
targetshooter77

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 01:18:22 PM »

MDR?

Juss me and my leetle frenz
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 01:39:40 PM »

MDR?

I'm assuming that's an actual question rather than sarcasm.  I think he means the Desert Tech forum on this site discussing the Desert Tech MDR rifle.  Go over there and check out the vitriol, discord, and mucho drama that often surfaces over all the snafus DT has had getting the rifle to a successful market introduction.  It's entertaining at the very least...but unfortunate.
targetshooter77

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 02:29:44 PM »

YOU WANT SARCASM, I CAN GIVE YOU SARCASM. Unfortunately, not all of us are rabid desert warriors, and sometimes we don't know what something means.  Rather than just remain stupid, I ask questions.  if you find that beneath your dignity, that's a shame.

Besides, I don't see your name on the person I responded to, are you the house-mother?

I wish I could find an ignore option.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:33:06 PM by targetshooter77 » Logged

TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 06:21:52 PM »

YOU WANT SARCASM, I CAN GIVE YOU SARCASM. Unfortunately, not all of us are rabid desert warriors, and sometimes we don't know what something means.  Rather than just remain stupid, I ask questions.  if you find that beneath your dignity, that's a shame.

Besides, I don't see your name on the person I responded to, are you the house-mother?

I wish I could find an ignore option.

Wow!...man, did you miss the boat on my comment.  You do realize that sarcasm can be made in humor...not just as a snarky statement.  I thought your question was probably serious but I mentioned sarcasm in case you were making a joke and already knew about the MDR.  There is the occasional joke made about the DT situation as evidenced by Aussie E.  There was no attack intended from my comment.  You can probably ask most anyone on this forum about me, and they'll confirm that I don't go around attacking people in a personal way. 

Remember...it's the internet.  You don't get to see or hear the person you're talking to, so don't assume there was a personal attack just because you took some typed words the wrong way.
targetshooter77

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 07:46:12 PM »

In case you didnt notice, I typed 3 letters and a question mark.  YOU'RE THE ONE who assumed, incorrectly, that there was sarcasm, and stuck your nose in.

You're right, I have no idea who you are, and quite frankly I dont care to.

Every forum has at least a few people who are self appointed EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING.  I guess youre one of them on here.

So please do me a favor, just ignore any comments I might make, or questions I have to ask.  That way you wont jump to any more incorrect conclusions.

And I'd still like to find a way to ignore you.

DubageL

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 08:29:35 PM »

Ok, seriously. Everyone step away from the keyboard, lighten up and take a chill pill already.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 09:42:14 PM »

Ok, seriously. Everyone step away from the keyboard, lighten up and take a chill pill already.

Well said. We all have better things to do than argue here about trifles. Excuse me for my part in it. Let there be peace.

Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 09:50:57 PM »

Xanax for all! Didn't mean to set it off, I guess just mentioning the MDR drives people over the edge.

AE
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »

Xanax for all! Didn't mean to set it off, I guess just mentioning the MDR drives people over the edge.

AE

Yes...we have just crossed over into the MDR Zone...LOL!
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 11:28:10 PM »

In case you didnt notice, I typed 3 letters and a question mark.  YOU'RE THE ONE who assumed, incorrectly, that there was sarcasm, and stuck your nose in.

You're right, I have no idea who you are, and quite frankly I dont care to.

Every forum has at least a few people who are self appointed EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING.  I guess youre one of them on here.

So please do me a favor, just ignore any comments I might make, or questions I have to ask.  That way you wont jump to any more incorrect conclusions.

And I'd still like to find a way to ignore you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6cxNR9ML8k
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 03:08:30 PM »

To Rastoff's speculation that they have been fully phased out as of 2019,...
I never said that. I merely said that we don't know what they're using. Having been associated with the US military for 35 years I can only say that it's very likely any military is using whatever they think they need and it's rare that they'll toss something just because some new device came along. Neither does that mean they will continue to use something just because they had it in the past. Again, I just said that this video doesn't tell us much except that something has been used in the past.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length