Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 11:08:39 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Crazy idea: ejector port cover
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crazy idea: ejector port cover  (Read 965 times)
Guardian_Tavor

« on: February 11, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »

So this is probably a crazy idea, but does anyone know of anyone that has fired the Tavor or X95 without the ejection port cover?
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:15:21 PM »

Why would you want to? Thatís the million dollar question.
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:33:31 PM »

Primarily for a reload or just to generally check the chamber during a stopage. Iíve also had a few bad stoppages from supressor usage, that would have been a bit easier to clear if it were open like an Arx or Arak.

Not overly important, but Iím curious if anyone has done it.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 11:07:35 PM »

You donít want an open port that close to your face on a bullpup.

Itís really not a good idea.
cciman

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 06:00:45 PM »

Why not???

You are doing that when you have to shoot from opposite shoulder. 
konigstigerii

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 06:22:32 PM »

I thought about this as well. You certainly could, but depending on your suppressor you may get a mouthful of gas. Possibly even with out you may as well. The port cover is easily removed. Take it off and try it. Won't hurt anything.
bpguy

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 08:02:44 PM »

Stupid idea.  You should never shoot a bullpup from the weak side.  IF there is ever an out of battery explosion say good by to your face.  The explosion will travel the path of least resistance and that is out of the magwell and ejection port.  Don't do it!!!!!!
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 12:16:54 PM »

Just take it off and try it. You might get a little gas, but it won't be bad. The biggest problem is dirt/debris intrusion. If you're just using your gun at the range, it won't be an issue. However, if you're running and gunning in competition or training or self-defense out in the wilderness, then you open the gun to dirt or other debris getting into the chamber/receiver through the open port. You just want to minimize that as much as possible.

Stupid idea.  You should never shoot a bullpup from the weak side.  IF there is ever an out of battery explosion say good by to your face.  The explosion will travel the path of least resistance and that is out of the magwell and ejection port.  Don't do it!!!!!!
Not at all. In fact, the Tavor was designed to be fired from either shoulder. Sure, it's not optimal to have the casing ejecting right next to your chin, but with proper positioning it's not a problem.

For the record, I've fired many hundreds of rounds with my support side shoulder. I have received no injuries and not been hit by any brass. Further, I've never heard of anyone being injured by shooting off the support shoulder and I'm sure the police and military do it all the time.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Guardian_Tavor

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 07:00:06 PM »

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one to have atleast thought about it. I'm not sure if I'll actually try it. Technically, the bolt should stay closed long enough for the pressure to drop so it shouldn't be an issue, atleast unsuppressed.

I was really just curious if anyone had in fact tried it.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2019, 07:03:57 PM »

Why not???

You are doing that when you have to shoot from opposite shoulder.  

If I am shooting weak side...I have an update shell deflector...the numbers of times I have shot weak side...is 0....except when I train weak side...but I have yet to actually switch sides with the Tavor...
cciman

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2019, 03:56:43 AM »

You are just kidding right?

I suggest that you attend the IWI Academy levels 1-3  shooting schools. That will include learning to shoot support side, if the situation warrants.  "Weak' is not used in the terminology.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length