Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 11:20:46 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Kel-Tec RFB, RDB, M-43 (Moderator: Ronmar)
| | |-+  RDB trigger mechanism sear balance safety issue results the burst fire.
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RDB trigger mechanism sear balance safety issue results the burst fire.  (Read 986 times)
waffenmeister

« on: February 06, 2019, 11:06:33 AM »

Sad  I had a bad experience with RDB performing 3 shots rapid burst fire.

How did it happen: I have started to gently squeeze the trigger. Very slowly. Then right at the point of the sear contact break I have stopped. Then pulled out just a fracture of mm and finished triggering pull afterwards.
Sear had jammed and did not reset till I released the trigger lever completely. Burst fire happened.

This scared me a lot.  Shocked Therefore I want to recommend shooters not to catch the sear balance point cause RDB does not have the auto fire safety mechanism and round can go kaboom before the bolt had been locked completely.

Stay safe, shoot bullpups!  Cool
waffenmeister

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 03:29:09 AM »

Looks like i am not the one with this issue

here is the video example:

https://youtu.be/JxHNCnmUTJQ
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2019, 10:19:05 AM »

Get in touch with Keltec ASAP.
waffenmeister

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2019, 04:54:46 AM »

Unfortunately, my rifle is 1 year and 3 months old, so I am out of KelTec warranty  in my country.

Video is not mine, but burst rate is similar. I had this issue five times already and each time I was trying to aim and shoot slowly without pressing  the butstock into my shoulder.
Jomo2019
New Posting Member

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 09:52:56 AM »

This is clearly bumpfire.  You likely bump-fired the gun by holding it as you did and trying to hold the trigger at the break point for the sear.  This is basically how bumpfiring works.  You hold the gun in a firm grip with your support hand while keeping your finger poised in a sweet-spot so that the pressure of the offhand holding the gun against recoil causes your finger to trip the trigger repeatedly.  There are many reasons you should hold the rifle firmly into your shoulder.  This is one of them.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 10:21:14 AM by Jomo2019 » Logged
waffenmeister

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 05:57:56 AM »

I suspect the bumpfire, but my device did it even with firmly hold and strong trigger click.....
Will see how it goes at 1500shots mark....
Jomo2019
New Posting Member

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2019, 10:14:17 AM »

You may have an out-of-spec disconnector.  Stop shooting this rifle and return it to Kel Tec.  Immediately.  I don't know what the laws are in your country (assuming you're not in America from your screen-name), but in the US, having an unregistered/licensed Machinegun can get you ten years of hard time in Federal Prison, even if you don't realize it.  Since you have indicated that you are aware that the gun is malfunctioning in an online forum, you are even more vulnerable.

Again.  Return the gun to Kel Tec.  Immediately.  Full stop.
waffenmeister

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 03:51:09 AM »

Grin Unfortunately I am out of warranty so this will cost me. Sad reality of Ukraine... And from the legal perspective......my country does not have the gun law. Literally. Only police instructions were issued: like "Please do not use military arms, or else!  Evil". Each gun has the separate purchase permit and the separate carry permit license. And since my rifle had been officially issued as the Hunting Rifle, then all malfunctions are on my consideration till I do not make any alterations in the firing mechanism (yeap, not interchangeable trigger mechanism fix is prohibited without issuing the new legal permit. It is easier to buy the new rifle  Roll Eyes ).
I know the balance point now, and I am starting to get used with the controlled burst fire. No experiments if people are present around.  I will stop shooting only when first runaway occurs. I load mags with 5 rounds just to be sure that worst situation wont become uncontrollable.

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 05:55:12 AM by waffenmeister » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length