Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 18, 2019, 07:36:34 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Gas systems
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Gas systems  (Read 1260 times)
spector762

« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2019, 08:28:45 PM »

Maybe try their Patreon?
good idea !
JesseJames38

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2019, 09:39:04 PM »

InRange is suppose to receive a "fixed" rifle from DT...haven't heard when they will retest it...if at all...I do know they mentioned they want to give DT a chance again on their FB page when they did their review...

I would like to see InRange do another review of the rifle also.  Sadly I would rather see them get a new rifle from a undisclosed dealer with the updated gas valve. Honestly Desert Tech will send them a new rifle they go over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it to Inrange.    Inrange doing a review of a rifle DT send them will not be as honest in my opinion then if they get one from a undisclosed source.

I have little confidence in DT right now fixing the issues with the rifles for a mass amount of people. I do feel they will fix a few rifles to work well, or even great for few people who will do review to make them and the rifle look better.

This is just my opinion.  On top of that, I am more appreciate of the people here doing mods to there rifles to make them run better and more reliable.  In fact I have more faith in the user group to make this a reliable rifle then DT.

As for the gas block on the MDR,  I also hope they modify the existing gas block to put the vent holes facing outwards out of cutouts of the receiver.  Currently there is two ports that vent out the hand guard, and then there is a port that vents up into the hand guard and one vents down onto the barrel.  No idea why they did this, but honestly all the vents facing outword would be a improvement in my eyes. Along with the ability to adjust the gas without having to remove the hand guard or having a long screw driver.

Jesse.

Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2019, 10:29:05 PM »

I hope DT doesn't pull a Franklin Armory on InRange after the MDR vid, but that's almost worse case scenario.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2019, 10:32:19 PM »

Kurt, you are confusing opinions with facts.  Most of the statements you make are factually incorrect.  Most of it has nothing to do with opinions.  Easy answer to your question.

Now stop cluttering up every thread with DT apologia and drama please.

As for the OP, I'm pulling for your experiment to work!

Ah...Potss never fails to disappoint with his condescending, better than everyone, attitude and failed snark.

And the cycle continues.

Backwards the cycle would be a sstop turk!

AE
newguy2k3

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »

I hope DT doesn't pull a Franklin Armory on InRange after the MDR vid, but that's almost worse case scenario.

What happened? Never watched anything from inrange until the mdr demo.
masterlab
^

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2019, 12:23:53 AM »

What happened? Never watched anything from inrange until the mdr demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmDQch8U8Y8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cbWZ8MJnok

These two videos should explain everything. I have alot of respect for Ian and Karl, but I have noticed through the videos (I have watched almost all of them on InRange and Forgotten Weapons) an impulsive rebellious nature from Karl, which while sometimes is refreshing, other times is unproductive. I think there was a bit of rush to judgement (on both sides) and that things can potentially be resolved for next year.

As for DT and InRange, I think one of two things will happen, either they will send Ian and Karl after 6 months (or a year) of them trying to get the rifle working well enough for a positive review, or there will be no extra review because Ian and Karl have done enough and DT wants to do damage control

P.S. I recommend reading in between the lines, I just read that Hank Strange may be sponsored by Franklin Armory in the comments, so take all the information as you will. I stand by my above statements
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 12:56:53 AM by masterlab » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2019, 09:56:34 AM »

Rebellious...maybe...but that is a good thing in our industry and much needed.

Ian and Karl...especially Karl...is pretty tired of BS, hyped up marketing stuff that is meant to appeal to gucci, tacticool ninja warriors...period.

Of course the tacticool ninja warrior minded companies won't like InRange/GT becuase their products aren't meant to be tools instead they are more like "barbie range toys" and they have become a status symbol...I've met several people that bought a Glock and now they dress, talk and act like SWAT operators.

I actually enjoy how Karl and Ian call out the BS in this industry...because it is much needed...

I think if DT wants to be taken seriously...they need to preserve the InRange and GarandThumb relationship...yes both called out the system as a failure...but they did it with facts and data...if nothing else...those two people helped the MDR.

What is kind of alarming is that Scootch00 hasn't release his MDR video...he received his MDR to review same time as GT and others...I know he will NOT release a video if he doesn't love what he sees overall...so maybe he had issues as well but instead of making a video about it...maybe he is waiting for a fix or just not releasing it...there were several press guns sent out...yet only two have released a vid about it...and those two are the ones rated the most honest...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2019, 02:49:05 PM »

What is kind of alarming is that Scootch00 hasn't release his MDR video...he received his MDR to review same time as GT and others...I know he will NOT release a video if he doesn't love what he sees overall...so maybe he had issues as well but instead of making a video about it...maybe he is waiting for a fix or just not releasing it...there were several press guns sent out...yet only two have released a vid about it...and those two are the ones rated the most honest...

I won't speak for reasons why Don hasn't released a video other than to say that he's still got videos he filmed before Thanksgiving that he's recently released.  I was going to be in his neck of the woods for a weekend class over the first weekend of December and we were tentatively planning to get together to shoot my MDRs, which at that time he hand't yet handled one, so I'm sure it's there in the queue.

Kurt
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length