Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 25, 2019, 12:58:15 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  300 Black Out AUG news...
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: 300 Black Out AUG news...  (Read 4330 times)
Mirzayev

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2019, 06:04:04 AM »

One possible, though expensive solution would be to have both a NATO and an AUG mag stock and use only NATO mags with the 300 BLK and only only AUG mags with the 5.56.

The reason why I say NATO mags with 300 blk is because I do not know if 300 blk would work with AUG mags.

Tsh77769

I would assume that 300 BLK would fit into AUG magazines. Part of the reason that 300 BLK was designed (and is so appealing) is to fit into magazines that were designed to accept .223/5.56 (plus chamber in a .223, etc).

An easier option, of the nearly limitless ones that exist, might be marking items that are 300 BLK with tape. I plan on running black tape around any AUG magazines that I will keep loaded exclusively with 300 BLK, and also running some tape around the hand guard of the barrel to clearly mark it. Other more permanent markings might include paint markers, engravings, etc.

As long as you have a system in place, take your time when changing from .223 to 300 BLK, and exercise some common sense, the issue of destroying your firearm by attempting to fire the wrong ammunition shouldn't be an issue.
mpd3285
^

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2019, 06:00:01 PM »

I intend to just have a just a few Magpul AUS pmags with silver sharpie the matrix labeling them as "300"and "SUB".  The labels are so I can more easily visually distinguish them from my AR-15 pmags, even though they dont fit my ARs.  I'll use Steyr waffles for 5.56 and AUS PMAG for 300 BLK.  I dont need a ton of BLK mags as it will be a secondary niche caliber (like the 9mm conversion kit) and 5.56 will be primary for cost reasons.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:48:34 PM by mpd3285 » Logged

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »

I had the same thought MPD, makes it far easier to keep 'em separate.
housertl

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2019, 09:54:25 PM »

No need to go to that extreme... the Austrian mags and the Magpul AUG mags are tactilely and visually distinct enough to be safe.
anubismp
New Posting Member

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2019, 04:04:10 PM »

I'd love to hop on any sort of group  buy for a 300 blk aug barrel. Hopefully the factory would make them with the US thread pitch for our common cans and muzzle devices.

I think I'd run my Steyr mags in 556 and pick up AUS Pmags for 300 if this became a thing here. I read a long post from a local guy who had a Kaboom in his AR from the standard folly. Scary stuff but he wasnt badly injured.
Eagle45

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2019, 04:47:46 PM »

Put me down for one.
FullAssault

« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 01:48:39 AM »

Ive been wanting one of these since I first saw the IG post 2 years ago. I might still buy one of these but Iím still really pissed Steyr quit chrome lining AUG bbls.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."
-Samuel Adams
mpd3285
^

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 09:34:43 PM »

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/03/04/idex-2019-steyr-aug-300-blk-and-stm556-from-austria/

Pics of the 300 Blackout with NATO stock that has a bolt release. Beefy gas piston system. Looks like a cut out on very group to allow it to fold up around bigger piston housing.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:37:50 PM by mpd3285 » Logged

Steyr AUG= Austrian combat Legos since 1977.
Why SBR when you can AUG?! - Haven't we been taxed enough already?
jaflowers

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2019, 01:49:41 PM »

I know it's my first post and all but I'm in for one of these barrels when they come out. Hopefully sooner than later. Just got my AUG a few months ago and very happy with it. Used one of my short 300's for hunting this year and really like the cartridge for short range work. Would be nice to have the bullpup with it for in the woods instead of using a pistol AR.
PjsSteyrAUG

The Steyr AUG Guy

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2019, 05:13:53 PM »

Hey Pete any chance of getting a group buy for a special run or to just be first in-line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys no more group buys from me.

Last few I done didn't turn out well at all, 200 guys/gals commit and when it's time to collect only 50 buy and I'm stuck with the rest!

When I place an order with Steyr I have to take delivery of the quantity I ordered.

Shocked
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 07:18:36 AM by PjsSteyrAUG » Logged
photog22740
^

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2019, 09:59:13 PM »

Pete, Iím definitely in for a 300 Blackout barrel if you do get the green light. 

Thanks!

Dave
JK919

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2019, 09:25:14 AM »

I just want that NATO 2.0 stock. Hope itís backwards compatible with my A3
Hohopelli

SchŁtze

« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2019, 11:55:06 AM »

Spray paint and stencils are your friend..
jaflowers

« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »

Hey Pete any chance of getting a group buy for a special run or to just be first in-line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry guys no more group buys from me.

Last few I done didn't turn out well at all, 200 guys/gals commit and when it's time to collect only 50 buy and I'm stuck with the rest!

When I place an order with Steyr I have to take delivery of the quantity I ordered.

Shocked

Any chance you'll take a pre-paid pre-order once you get the word from Steyr that they are available to you for ordering? I'd be happy to send you a check the minute you know these aren't vaporware and that you'll be able to place an order.
mb60

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2019, 08:04:39 PM »

I would be interested in one too, if the price is not too steep.
mb60

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2019, 08:19:00 PM »

If anybody got any news on this matter, please post!
mb60

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2019, 11:04:53 AM »

What??? Nobody?
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2019, 02:42:06 AM »

I talked to a Steyr engineer at their booth at the NRA convention last weekend.  They are basically still waiting for final production specs from Austria so that they can begin US testing of barrels, followed by production. 

As an aside, he also informed me that they are looking at the viability of US produced AUG 9mm kits to get around the import ban issue. 

Guy I talked to was a big fan of his personal AUG as well, and we discussed the Corvus parts among other items.  They had an AUG at the show with the full Corvus catalog installed.  I think I am going to have to snag one of the mag releases for my 5.56 stock.  It is really nice.

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling/Optic, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit+24" HBAR w/bipod)
-Kel Tec RDB Black (Just an optic/sights/AFG)
-EAA Appeal (.22 WMR, TRS-25)
-HTA Hi-Point 995TS (sights/AFG/sling)
Mirzayev

« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2019, 04:10:45 AM »

They had an AUG at the show with the full Corvus catalog installed.  I think I am going to have to snag one of the mag releases for my 5.56 stock.  It is really nice.

Corvus Defensio stuff is absolutely amazing. I equipped my AUG with their entire product catalog (well, as far as items that fit on an A3M1), and I can say that they have spent a considerable amount of time with the AUG. Their products have addressed legitimately every complaint that I had about the platform. I recommend their products wholeheartedly.

It is good to see that they are looking to produce the 9mm kit here. I would like to get one, but I'm not willing to paying $2000+ to satisfy a curiosity.
FS2000OD
^

« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2019, 08:18:07 PM »

They had an AUG at the show with the full Corvus catalog installed.  I think I am going to have to snag one of the mag releases for my 5.56 stock.  It is really nice.

Corvus Defensio stuff is absolutely amazing. I equipped my AUG with their entire product catalog (well, as far as items that fit on an A3M1), and I can say that they have spent a considerable amount of time with the AUG. Their products have addressed legitimately every complaint that I had about the platform. I recommend their products wholeheartedly.

It is good to see that they are looking to produce the 9mm kit here. I would like to get one, but I'm not willing to paying $2000+ to satisfy a curiosity.

As someone who bought one of the very last 9mm kits when the last ban happened, I can assure you the AUG is a lot of fun in 9mm, and just as perfectly reliable.  If they can get US made kits at a reasonable price, it is worth having.  Also, thanks for the Corvus feedback.  I loved the mag release, the shell deflector is tempting, and I am eyeing the new m-lok compatible A3 rails... so many things to get.  Grin

-FN-H FS2000 Tactical OD (Upgraded+Eotech 512/G33)
-FN-H PS90 Standard LE (Just a sling/Optic, Form 1 next)
-Steyr AUG A3 OD (Upgraded+9mm 6th Gen Kit+24" HBAR w/bipod)
-Kel Tec RDB Black (Just an optic/sights/AFG)
-EAA Appeal (.22 WMR, TRS-25)
-HTA Hi-Point 995TS (sights/AFG/sling)
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length