Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2019, 09:20:49 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  Dual charging handles on the X-95
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dual charging handles on the X-95  (Read 1130 times)
l2a3

« on: January 17, 2019, 02:20:52 PM »

Has anyone installed 2 cocking bars for Ambidextrous use (both right and left hand operation) with the barrel band on their X-95 and had both of the cocking bars cups (tips) secure (by the ball bearing) into the barrel band? Or did you modify the cocking handle lever ends that cam against the bottom of the barrel band to allow both cocking bars to secure in the barrel band?

I am attempting to installing Ambidextrous cocking bars (that use the barrel band) and noticed only the first released cocking bar (after pulling them to the rear) locks up and the first secured cocking handle lever prevents the second cocking handle lever from going up and securing with the ball bearing in the barrel band.

Has anyone figured out a solution for this?

Thanks in advance

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 04:13:07 PM »

What you're trying to do won't work. You could use the non-reciprocating style of charging handles, or one of each kind for an asymmetrical X95, but you can't use two of the IDF-style charging handles.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
l2a3

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2019, 06:41:34 PM »

I understand using 2 IDF cocking bars in issue state will not work.  I was wondering if anyone played outside the box and figured a way to get them to work. And yes I am using one IDF and the original.

I guess the question come to is will the IDF version work without a "finger/extension" that cams on the barrel band. I figure it would be slightly harder to pull back to charge (pulling the ball bearing out of the  tip detent).  So you would end up with the IDF with the "Finger/extension" on your strong side and the weak side having that "Finger/extension" removed, so that it becomes a straight pull without that "Finger/extension" camming against the barrel band, but stills locks the tip up with the ball bearing in the barrel band.

Or reduce the length of both of the "Finger/extensions" allowing both to fit against the barrel band when fully forward and also cam on the barrel band when the cocking bars are pulled. 

BellatorInvictus, thank you for your reply, confirming what I observed that it would not work as I wanted.

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »

No problem. I wouldn't want to modify the camming action of the charging handles as originally designed, personally. It might work; then again, it might not work at all. At best, it will function, but it will be harder to pull the charging handle back initially because of the lost lever force allowing the detent protrusion to unlock from inside the barrel band. At worst, it will jam up and not be able to go back at all. Plus, you'd be losing the primary advantage of the reciprocating type: helping unlock a stuck cartridge from the chamber via the lever force.

I think the best thing if you want dual charging handles is to just use two of the non-reciprocating charging handles as seen on the X95 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cjN_16HHAk

Looks symmetrical, with no compromised function.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
band1t0

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 06:28:00 PM »

Has anybody tried dual switchback CH  from Manticore Arms on the X95?

Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length