Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 20, 2019, 07:06:20 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  EuroOptic getting 223 in
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print
Author Topic: EuroOptic getting 223 in  (Read 3804 times)
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2019, 10:04:10 PM »

Touche!...LOL!
Box

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »

Quote from: kfeltenberger
So what is the threshold of rounds fired to be in this elite group of "real firearms users" and graduate from a "range ninja/collector"?  Hmm?  Tell me, I really would like to know.

Speaking for myself, I generally put about 1,000 rounds through a firearm.  The first 500 rounds is quality ammo, and then I start experimenting with different brands and types (RN & HP for handguns, for example).   Once Iím through a thousand rounds, I feel like I have a good idea about it.   I then strive to hit the 2K mark and see how it holds up.

Once Iíve got 2,000 rounds through it, and itís been reliable, I personally trust it.   If something was going to break or a flaw was going to reveal itself, it likely wouldíve already done so.

Kurt, I'm curious what you (and others here also) think about the round count I put my guns through.  I'll say now this isn't to shift the tone back to all the back and forth.  I'm genuinely curious.  If I get the 5.56 MDR, this is exactly what I'd subject it to.   

Perhaps you or others have other round counts and methods for trying out your firearms.  I'm open-minded and willing to adopt good ideas from others.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2019, 10:50:32 PM »

I'm not sure how many rounds you shoot or shoot through your rifles, Box.  For me, if it works for a couple hundred rounds, I'm satisfied that it will work for my needs.  I don't have hundreds of dollars (or a sponsor to send me free ammo) for ammo to blast downrange chasing a potential failure past a certain point, nor do I have the time.  Again, this works for me. 

My comment wasn't specifically about how many rounds through a particular rifle, but how many overall that was needed to be in the e-leet group of "real firearms users" that was mentioned.  Until that point, I never knew that I was a fake firearms user...I'm certainly real enough... Roll Eyes

Kurt
Box

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2019, 11:22:28 PM »

Kurt, go back and look at the whole text I quoted.  I also quoted myself from an earlier comment, and there I specify what I put my guns through (and the round count) before trusting them.

I didn't do a good job of quoting you in an earlier post, as I just italicized your comment I replied to, so it was easy to miss.  Anyway, just curious about your opinion.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2019, 11:50:06 PM »

For a long gun/ccw I prefer minimum 1000rds fired before I trust it. Itís my personal standard and many other peopleís standard. Many will say to run it without cleaning and such but I always relube at 500 rounds if I canít get it cleaned inbetween.  

I also do that to make sure I donít get surprised if I take a 1000+ round class with the gun...but I always bring a spare rifle/handgun just in case it goes down hard (it can happen...itís a mechanical device).

Bullpupsaway2
^

« Reply #85 on: March 15, 2019, 03:35:28 PM »

Hey I donít know what this means, but Eurooptic is showing the 5.56 MDR as ďdiscontinuedĒ on their website.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2019, 03:51:35 PM »

Could just be Eurooptic is ending dealing with DT. Who knows.
TNC
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2019, 04:18:23 PM »

Hey I donít know what this means, but Eurooptic is showing the 5.56 MDR as ďdiscontinuedĒ on their website.

Interesting.  That's the method that Midway USA uses...just indicates that the item is discontinued in their inventory or future sale on items they will no longer sell...even though the item is not discontinued from the market.  On items that are just out of stock, they show "out of stock" along with backorderable.  In this case, however, who knows.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2019, 04:33:56 PM »

Yeah...Brownell's does that too...
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2019, 04:36:22 PM »

I'm not sure how many rounds you shoot or shoot through your rifles, Box.  For me, if it works for a couple hundred rounds, I'm satisfied that it will work for my needs.  I don't have hundreds of dollars (or a sponsor to send me free ammo) for ammo to blast downrange chasing a potential failure past a certain point, nor do I have the time.  Again, this works for me.  

My comment wasn't specifically about how many rounds through a particular rifle, but how many overall that was needed to be in the e-leet group of "real firearms users" that was mentioned.  Until that point, I never knew that I was a fake firearms user...I'm certainly real enough... Roll Eyes

i can side with this...i'm not about rushing out to dump tons of rounds through a new rifle.  i go when i can and feel like it.  does it waive my right to an opinion on specific issues if those issues are consistently surfacing at a specific round count that my gun is nowhere near?....i guess...maybe, but i'll speak my mind anyway...regardless.  i mean if i own and have at least shot a new firearm, i certainly have some say so in my eyes.

thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2019, 05:07:48 PM »

I'm not sure how many rounds you shoot or shoot through your rifles, Box.  For me, if it works for a couple hundred rounds, I'm satisfied that it will work for my needs.  I don't have hundreds of dollars (or a sponsor to send me free ammo) for ammo to blast downrange chasing a potential failure past a certain point, nor do I have the time.  Again, this works for me.  

My comment wasn't specifically about how many rounds through a particular rifle, but how many overall that was needed to be in the e-leet group of "real firearms users" that was mentioned.  Until that point, I never knew that I was a fake firearms user...I'm certainly real enough... Roll Eyes

i can side with this...i'm not about rushing out to dump tons of rounds through a new rifle.  i go when i can and feel like it.  does it waive my right to an opinion on specific issues if those issues are consistently surfacing at a specific round count that my gun is nowhere near?....i guess...maybe, but i'll speak my mind anyway...regardless.  i mean if i own and have at least shot a new firearm, i certainly have some say so in my eyes.

I've shot the MDR several times...yet Kurt believes I shouldn't have an opinion about it...because I do not own one...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2019, 07:18:18 PM »

I'm not sure how many rounds you shoot or shoot through your rifles, Box.  For me, if it works for a couple hundred rounds, I'm satisfied that it will work for my needs.  I don't have hundreds of dollars (or a sponsor to send me free ammo) for ammo to blast downrange chasing a potential failure past a certain point, nor do I have the time.  Again, this works for me. 

My comment wasn't specifically about how many rounds through a particular rifle, but how many overall that was needed to be in the e-leet group of "real firearms users" that was mentioned.  Until that point, I never knew that I was a fake firearms user...I'm certainly real enough... Roll Eyes

i can side with this...i'm not about rushing out to dump tons of rounds through a new rifle.  i go when i can and feel like it.  does it waive my right to an opinion on specific issues if those issues are consistently surfacing at a specific round count that my gun is nowhere near?....i guess...maybe, but i'll speak my mind anyway...regardless.  i mean if i own and have at least shot a new firearm, i certainly have some say so in my eyes.

I've shot the MDR several times...yet Kurt believes I shouldn't have an opinion about it...because I do not own one...

Odd...I call you out and this is the first time you mention it.  Before, what you presented had the look of nothing more than armchair pontificating.

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2019, 07:31:59 PM »

Wouldn't it be hilarious if DT used the pre-order money to design and develop a Gen2 556 MDR and that is what the pre-order buyers receive? If so I hope it is at least compatible with the 308 conversion. Guys that already have the Gen 1 may not be happy. Pure speculation on my part.

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #93 on: March 15, 2019, 08:12:21 PM »

Kurt. You didnít call me out sunshine. So donít take too much credit.

Iíve mentioned it before several times I have handled the MDR...how do you think I know what I know about the MDR and itís short comings... Grin

Pretty much every single thing that DT has improved...Iíve called it...as well as the tight chambers which you displaced when I brought it up until a user on ARFCOM proved what I knew about the chamber.

But you keep on praising your own self like youíve done something helpful to progress the platform.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #94 on: March 16, 2019, 07:19:49 PM »

Thehun...give it a rest.  I've moved on and I'm sure the rest of the board is tired of this inane BS.  I made a simple comment and you decided to make it into some sort of personal crusade.  Give.  It.  A. Rest.  It was my mistake to take the bait, so mea culpa.

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2019, 08:10:09 PM »

You know it just takes one of you to stop responding to the other and it'll stop, but appears you need to have the last word. You too could give it a rest, but it seems someone likes to be passive aggressive. Just my observation.

AE
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2019, 08:37:00 PM »

Oh snap.
reason

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2019, 09:04:17 PM »

Interesting.  That's the method that Midway USA uses...just indicates that the item is discontinued in their inventory or future sale on items they will no longer sell...even though the item is not discontinued from the market.  On items that are just out of stock, they show "out of stock" along with backorderable.  In this case, however, who knows.

Holy s***!.... Its not even on their website anymore! I better get my f***ing preorder!

They are also closing out DT products on their site for dirt cheap!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 09:13:40 PM by reason » Logged
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #98 on: March 17, 2019, 07:41:46 PM »

Maybe they are ending their partnership with DT...who knows...
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #99 on: March 17, 2019, 07:53:49 PM »

FWIW, you can still configure and add a .223 MDR to the cart on DT's website. 

Kurt
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length