Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 11:58:05 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderator: Heathsrow)
| | |-+  EuroOptic getting 223 in
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: EuroOptic getting 223 in  (Read 978 times)
reason

« on: January 13, 2019, 03:12:15 AM »

FYI, I called EuroOptic today and they said they were getting 5 black 223 MDRís in on this shipment.
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 11:09:58 AM »

Yes. I was told the same thing last week. I allegedly have 2 in this shipment. I called to square up with payment. The young man in the phone advised that I wait due to dtís track record. He stated not to be worried about missing any boats and that I would be contacted once these 5 were in hand. I will call tomorrow and get an update.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2019, 07:55:00 PM »

I've seen a couple on GunBroker already.  IMO, that's a good thing; they're really shipping and getting into the wild.

Kurt
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 07:59:21 PM »

Maximum value right now, limited supply, zero feedback (good or bad) and SHOT right around the corner.

AE
newguy2k3

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 10:24:38 PM »

I'm guessing all the bad press on the mdr lately has killed demand even for the 5.56. I doubt they've shipped many out and they're not spoken for right away.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 10:58:14 PM »

I disagree; not everyone who is/might be interested in the MDR hangs on every word posted in an internet forum (indeed, many that I've talked to completely avoid and discount them) or on a YT video.  I think the .223 will sell quite well.  Of the two I saw posted yesterday, one has already sold and another (third listing I've seen) has been posted.

YMMV.

Kurt
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 11:20:18 PM »

I disagree; not everyone who is/might be interested in the MDR hangs on every word posted in an internet forum (indeed, many that I've talked to completely avoid and discount them) or on a YT video.  I think the .223 will sell quite well.  Of the two I saw posted yesterday, one has already sold and another (third listing I've seen) has been posted.

YMMV.

maybe not killed, but certainly put a dent in it.  time will tell.  and mercy to those with blinders on, only seeing gunbroker and nothing more.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 11:27:43 PM by HBeretta » Logged
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 11:21:31 PM »

Would have been nice if those had gone to group buy and / or pre-order buyers, not internet auction sites.

AE
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2019, 11:24:31 PM »

Would have been nice if those had gone to group buy and / or pre-order buyers, not internet auction sites.

AE

i assumed the same > cancelled preorders straight to auction.
reason

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2019, 12:06:44 AM »

Could be that preorderers are over the MDR and not wanting to devalue the rifle to someone who still wants one. Or a dealer who ordered some specifically for net sales.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2019, 12:33:41 AM »

5.56 is the best chance MDR has to survive in its current variation. Looking forward to the first report.
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2019, 12:42:55 AM »

AE

Good grief, this again?  Most likely DT is simply filling orders in the sequence they were received.  If I was a company with a very early order for product and didn't have any buyers committed to them, I'd put them up for action, too.  What are they supposed to do, sit on stock and not try and sell it?

Now, this is all moot if DT is not servicing orders in sequence and is favoring vendor purchases over individual pre-paid pre-orders.  But...since there is not proof of that happening, I'm not going to dwell on it.

Kurt
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »

Agreed...a company should filled orders as they came in...whether that were personal preorders or if a dealer preordered for their stock.

Like Kurt said...if they are fulfilling orders only to dealers right now and ignoring others...yeah that would be a problem...but we have no idea...

Now someone report on the 5.56...it should be a lot easier (and cheaper) to run some serious rounds through one...
Box

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2019, 05:43:40 PM »

I predict there will be problems with the 5.56 MDR, but maybe Iíll be wrong.  I hope I am.

The attitude DT has shown for the .308 versionís many issues doesnít inspire confidence.  The CEO fleeing the forum doesnít either.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 06:12:54 PM by Box » Logged
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »

Nick leaving the forum is in line with DT's new policy on how they will share information.  While I don't like it (I would like to see a permanent presence here for common Q/A and point of contact issues), I can see how concentrating on the larger social media platforms for communications would streamline things.

Kurt
reason

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 11:42:07 PM »

Yes. I was told the same thing last week. I allegedly have 2 in this shipment. I called to square up with payment. The young man in the phone advised that I wait due to dtís track record. He stated not to be worried about missing any boats and that I would be contacted once these 5 were in hand. I will call tomorrow and get an update.

Please do report here on your 223ís performance as soon as you can! If there are problems I would like to cancel my preorder before EO gets mine in....
Potss
^

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2019, 12:22:15 AM »

Nick left because he was an angry liar who had been called out too many times for the companies liking.  He and the DT marketing team have retreated to platforms they can moderate.  Smart marketing move, terrible for consumers.  Like most things DT has done with the MDR in fact.

Looking forward to seeing 5.56 tests in the wild though.  Maybe they didn't completely f*** this one up as much and it won't be another years long beta test with no fixes in sight!  Considering the trickle they seem to be coming out at though, I'm not holding my breath till we get someone like a Garandthumb to really put it through the ringer.  I'd guess at least 6-7m.
Kenndapp
^

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2019, 12:30:44 PM »

So I just payed euro optic to ship out my two 556 MDRís. I was informed that I will have no ejection chutes so I will need to deal with desert tech to get the rest of my rifle home. Not happy. Just so they could say they shipped 556 mdrs at SHOT.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2019, 12:43:12 PM »

To be fair...DT ran a poll...majority of the customers opted to get the rifle incomplete...DT listened.

I think it is a bad move...but whatever. I would never want a rifle incomplete...however...nice thing about is...people can test to see if the 5.56 gas system works or not...unlike the 308...
newguy2k3

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 03:07:24 PM »

Releasing them without the chutes should give them a better chance of functioning initially I would think.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length