Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 10:21:06 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Desert Tech MDR (Moderators: kfeltenberger, Heathsrow)
| | |-+  Response and solutions to InRange:
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Response and solutions to InRange:  (Read 3151 times)
reason

« on: January 10, 2019, 03:33:32 PM »

Nick Young has posted a video responding to the problems InRange experienced:
https://youtu.be/9ed01kq20dM
EWTHeckman
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:04:13 PM »

I've just started plodding my way through that 20 minute video.

For Issue #1, Nick is claiming that customers were asking for the ability to "fine tune" rifles via the gas valve.

Seriously, Nick?!? C'mon! People have been begging for the ability to make it run reliably!!! That means being able to set the gas system to somewhere between "rips the rims off of cases" and "fully operating the bolt." The problem is that this power band seems to be extremely narrow with the better ammo, and non-existent with others. To call this "fine tuning" is kinda like saying, "Well sure, these cars still spontaneously explode, but we did what you asked to improve the ride."

If that is how he is taking customer feedback, the MDR will never get fixed.

Up until now, Nick's comments have involved areas where we couldn't know what was actually going on, so we had to take his word for it. (And that passed into "awfully convenient" some time ago.) This is a straight up attempt at gaslighting.

No wonder Nick left the forum. I suspected that he couldn't stand the heat. Now it's clear that he ran away from the explosion he was about to set off.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 04:34:12 PM »

Lets blame the customers for you stupid design screw up...good job DT...when will you freaking OWN UP TO YOUR MISHAPS...

MDR is turning into nice little pony show for all the blind sheep...

Well at least we know the three ammo types that are approved...but testing the MDR on only three ammo types was idiotic from the start...

Let's band aid the system by another gas plug (the 3rd of its kind)...but trust us...we thoroughly tested the MDR before...yeah right!

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 04:38:42 PM by thehun » Logged
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 04:40:35 PM »

It's good to know that DT still isn't acknowledging the very real issues with the MDR.
AF Gunner

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 04:51:48 PM »

It's good to know that DT still isn't acknowledging the very real issues with the MDR.

Completely agree. Remington or Bushmaster would have quit the rifle by now. I'm glad DT is still actively working on making it better. It appears this new gas value is just going to be harder on the rifle, which I would think will bring on more torn rims again.
whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 04:57:36 PM »

The torn rims and bad extraction is more of an issue of dwell time than gas setting. Basically, the case is still over expanded and gripping the chamber before it has a chance to cool slightly and shrink. This is a millisecond phenomina that has to be designed for.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 05:08:47 PM »

Yup.

This new gas plug game is not going to solve the issue with the MDR.

The setting now has shifted more adverse which will do more harm than good.
masterlab
^

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 06:41:02 PM »

Desert Tech acknowledged that the new 6 position gas valve will not fix all of the problems and have already noted other ways they are trying to improve the system such as the extractor.
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »

I'm not sure why anyone would care what DT/Nick have to say about anything at this point.  They've spent 4+ years telling half truths, spreading misinformation, deceiving and manipulating, and then telling outright lies COUNTLESS times.  It is hard for me to think of a company that has less credibility. 

The only thing to pay attention to is independent third party testing with high round counts.  Basically everything else is irrelevant, especially from DT.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 07:33:08 PM »

Yeah, the "few customers who wanted fine tuning of their gas system" comment was rather irritating. 6 positions is fairly basic and gives us all a little wiggle room for the variances between each rifle. It's not like we asked for an RFB's 50 adjustment settings.
kfeltenberger
Global Moderator
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 07:44:43 PM »

I think that we need to realize that the echo chamber of the BPF and ARFcom are not the entirety of feedback that DT receives.  Just because it may not have happened or been observed here doesn't mean that it hasn't happened.  There are perhaps a dozen or so people here who have complained (with the rest joining in) about what their MDRs are doing.  Looking back when I managed a call center, we had a lot more direct contact (calls and e-mail) for features and options than we ever saw on our message boards.

Beyond that, I thought it was an informative presentation that explained (finally!) what they intended, what they used to test, and what they are planning to do to rectify the situation.  That said, I'll continue to shoot what I have and add the refits as they are released.

Kurt
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2019, 07:57:17 PM »

People realize more than you Kurt.  They realize that DT are a bunch of shady hucksters who made a poor product and are in full damage control.
masterlab
^

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2019, 08:16:31 PM »

People realize more than you Kurt.  They realize that DT are a bunch of shady hucksters who made a poor product and are in full damage control.

Potss, don't you have anything better to do than bash DT.

I suppose DT shouldn't have done anything to try to improve the rifle. I guess they didn't give the 6 position gas valve as a warranty item for free and they should simply give up.

They screwed up in the past with delivery promises. They are trying to fix it. The rifle isn't perfect yet, they are providing solutions as they develop.

Rather than endless whining lets give DT credit for what they have done right. Respectfully voice where we are disappointed and move forward rather than constantly posting personal attacks against DT
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 08:18:22 PM by masterlab » Logged
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2019, 09:10:34 PM »

masterlab you are very late in this game.  I've been here since the beginning and along with everyone else offered nothing but cautious positivity and helpful feedback.  After 4+ years of lying by DT, and an absolute dumpster fire of an MDR, we are now merely pointing out the obvious with how DT conducts themselves, and those who attempt to do damage control for them (like Kurt).  To say calling a spade a spade is somehow "bashing DT" is beyond delusional.

DT deserves zero credit till they stop lying, taking peoples money, and produce a rifle that is even remotely close to functional.  Why that needs to be pointed out to you is beyond my reasoning. 

They need to sell the design to a competent company not controlled by a Mormon cult, end of story.

whiskey91lima
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2019, 09:13:24 PM »

DT deserves zero credit till they stop lying, taking peoples money, and produce a rifle that is even remotely close to functional. 

To their credit, the SRS-A2 does look like solid improvements compared to the A1.
masterlab
^

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 09:23:45 PM »

masterlab you are very late in this game.  I've been here since the beginning and along with everyone else offered nothing but cautious positivity and helpful feedback.  After 4+ years of lying by DT, and an absolute dumpster fire of an MDR, we are now merely pointing out the obvious with how DT conducts themselves, and those who attempt to do damage control for them (like Kurt).  To say calling a spade a spade is somehow "bashing DT" is beyond delusional.

DT deserves zero credit till they stop lying, taking peoples money, and produce a rifle that is even remotely close to functional.  Why that needs to be pointed out to you is beyond my reasoning. 

They need to sell the design to a competent company not controlled by a Mormon cult, end of story.

I Joined this forum in 2013, a year before you did, so don't tell me I have joined late in the game, I have also been following the MDR from the very beginning. As to your other opinions and the way you wish to conduct yourself I have spoken my piece for the time being
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2019, 09:32:05 PM »

You joined the conversation late in the game was the meaning.

And if you've really been following that long, you have absolutely no excuse for your statements here.  It makes them worse and more damning, not better.
Zeiram3f

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2019, 11:10:47 PM »

Perhaps the real question is if you have anything meaningful or helpful to add to the discussion?

The few times I check into the forum and I see a post by Potss, I expect it to be a negative post directed at DT or Kurt. If not specifically that, itís a post filled with venom and negativity. Why? I honestly donít know and have conditioned myself to skim over or scroll past most of these posts after realizing they serve no useful purpose for the BPF community.

I rarely have much of value to add myself, but I like to try and be a voice of reason when I can. Feel free to tip the scales, but jumping on the opposing end of the teeter-totter is no fun for anyone but the person jumping.

I donít know what forum mods do here, but streamlining a thread should be considered a valuable task.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 04:19:52 AM by Zeiram3f » Logged
HamSpoon89
^

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2019, 09:31:20 AM »

Ah I see, so in your book pointing out and correcting lies, misinformation, deception, apologia, and what amounts to shilling from a manufacturer and its fanboys is "of little to no value" and should be a ban-able offense.

While on the flip side, actually doing the lying, misinforming, deception, apologia, and shilling should be highly encouraged and in fact the mods should provide a safe space for it.

What an odd, upside down world you must live in Zeiram3f.  If you don't want to see negative things about a product, then you should hope for or focus on products that aren't dumpster fires made by manufacturers that aren't trying to make their customers pay for their entire R&D and shipping knowingly defective products to make money.

Everyone on this board wants a kick ass MDR.  But that isn't what we've gotten, and DT has proven themselves not only incapable of delivering such a product, but also incapable of telling the truth.  Do you realize how many chances they've been given?  How many times they've been given the benefit of the doubt?  How many times they've face a simple choice: to spend the money, fix the issues, do the testing, and tell the truth....and then chosen to do the opposite?  I find that overly negative.  I find that of little value.  I find people that defend and aid that behavior both of those things.

If DT does miraculously turn things around as a company and with their product, I'll be the first cheerleader in line (or better yet if they sell the design to competent people).  But we are so far away from that currently I've stopped bothering to write it out EVERY POST like I used to when I made and even slightly negative comment. Videos full of more dubious statements which are likely about as true as their prior videos (which is to say NOT REMOTELY) are evidence of nothing but more of the same.  As I said, until they meet a proper standard of evidence for a reliable rifle (let alone accurate, lightweight, battle ready, etc all the other promises) then this is on THEM.

In other words, this is a you problem.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 09:48:50 AM by Potss » Logged
Aussie E
Banned
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:37 AM »

I don't believe he'll read your response from his previous post, but I found it thoroughly engrossing.

AE
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length