Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 12:39:25 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Tell me about rare and weird Steyr AUG parts and accessories...
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tell me about rare and weird Steyr AUG parts and accessories...  (Read 322 times)
tsh77769

« on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:47 AM »

My registered full auto AUG has a 3 position selector with the middle being semi only. Pete Athens set it up and tuned it and told me that this selector is very rare, especially in the US. Anyone else have one? I like it, a lot. Anyone ever find any negatives to it?

I also have an un-installed full auto lockout trigger I acquired from Pete where the trigger itself has a detent on the bottom that when pulled down prevents the trigger from going far enough to go full auto. I only have one registered full auto AUG and mine has the aforementioned 3 position selector. Any reason I shouldn't use the full auto lockout trigger in my semi AUG as a trigger over travel stop?

I recently acquired a full auto NATO stock from Doug262 here on this board. Pete says they were made for a Malaysian contract. It seems that they are ridiculously rare. I'm going to send it off to Pete and get it tuned up. My goal is a registered full auto AUG with surefire 60rd mags a 3 round burst pack, and a bipod (I want to try the magpul). If that all works as planned it will be the only one in the US, perhaps the world.

What are some other weird or rare AUG accessories, preferably usable and practical-ish that I should keep an eye out for? For example, Platatac, a tactical shop out of Australia used to make stock pouches for the AUG. I was able to acquire one and it is the only way I know of to carry a spare mag on the gun. It works well. It does make it ridiculously heavy but for a home or trunk gun, not an issue. I don't care for and sold off all my charger clips.

Thanks for the assist.

tsh77769
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 02:26:57 AM by tsh77769 » Logged
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »

You need an open bolt kit for that gun, because why not? (LMG Kit)
mg34_dan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 09:48:07 AM »

My registered full auto AUG ...

Please tell us more about your AUG.  Who was the manufacturer?  Can you post some pictures, please?

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
 – Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009
tsh77769

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:26:46 AM »

I can't use an open bolt kit because that would require a registered receiver as I understand it and mine is a registered sear by Qualified Mfg. It was set up in an A3 host and tuned by Pete.

tsh77769
tsh77769

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2019, 12:18:42 AM »

mg34_dan It's jsut a qualified mfg sear in an A3 host. Nothing special.

tsh77769
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length