Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 15, 2019, 12:35:54 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  X95 Cocking handle issues after installing Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: X95 Cocking handle issues after installing Geissele Super Sabra trigger pack  (Read 1779 times)
TaviTavor

« on: December 28, 2018, 11:41:40 AM »

Just received my Geissele Super Sabra Trigger pack and installed it (drop-in). Shortly afterwards I observed that when the firearm is on “safe” the cocking handle is very difficult to operate. Just wondering if this is normal or if anyone else has experienced this issue.  Note: I have not installed the lighting bow trigger. The factory trigger is still on the firearm.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:49:41 PM »

This doesn't make sense. The safety doesn't touch the cocking rod or trigger pack at all. Take a look:

Here is the safety in the off position:

Here's the safety in the on position:

Here's the safety in the off position and the cocking rod in place (congrats on calling it the proper name. Most call it the charging handle):

I have a lefty version so my cocking rod is on the right. Most will have it on the left. No matter, it shows just how far away from the safety it is.

The slot on the "wheel" of the safety simply blocks, or not, the tab on the trigger connecting bar. I have the Geissele trigger as well, but it makes no difference. The trigger connecting bar is the factory unit and never changes. The safety doesn't even move the trigger bar at all. If it does, something is wrong.

Do you know how to remove the barrel?

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
TaviTavor

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 02:16:08 PM »

Interesting. Thanks for the pics and explanation. I tried contacting Geissele but they’re out until 2 JAN.

I’ll be removing the barrel this evening when I install the Geissele trigger.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 08:11:48 PM »

When you remove the barrel, be sure to depress the barrel locking plate completely and keep it depressed while rotating the barrel lock pivot. If you don't, you might score the plastic surrounding the barrel locking plate. It won't do any damage other than cosmetic, but it's still not good. Some have learned this the hard way.

The barrel removal is very easy. Remove the grip, remove the one screw holding the foregrip on and pull it off the front. Then remove the cocking bar. Don't forget this step. If you try to turn the barrel lock pivot with the cocking bar still in the gun, you WILL damage the cocking bar. Many have made this mistake. A new cocking bar costs $37. With the foregrip removed, the cocking bar slides out the front. Turn the barrel lock pivot as discussed before. Now the barrel-rail group will slide out the front.

At this point you have easy access to the trigger. Follow the instructions supplied from Geissele. It's really easy and should take less than 15 minutes for the whole process. Take your time when adjusting the slack. If done properly, there will be almost no slack in the trigger anymore. Be sure not to over do it. A little slack is usually better than none. Since the Geissele trigger is a two stage trigger, when adjusted properly, it will feel like the first stage is slack, but it's not.

There, far more advice than you ever wanted.

Freedom isn't free.
boscoman

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 09:16:30 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbEoO9dpr3w

For what it is worth a new video from IWI on barrel removal. Good video. Makes it as clear as can be.

"Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Courage is not a lack of fear, but one's ability to overcome it
cciman

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »

Before you dissassemble the barrel:  Did you put the original trigger pack back in to see if it made a diff?

Unusual that just exchanging the pack, alone, did this.  Did the pesky hinged hammer fall out of position when you took it out-- that thing is a PIA.  i suspect that thing was not aligned correctly.
Shogun

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 12:26:11 AM »

Interesting issue. I run the stock trigger group with a Geiselle trigger pack & have had no issues at all. FWIW anyway.
cciman

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »

Interesting issue. I run the stock trigger group with a Geiselle trigger pack & have had no issues at all. FWIW anyway.

Yeah but it is not as visually brag-able, unless you sport that Geissele Lightning paddle.  Gotta look good, ya know.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2019, 02:57:37 PM »

Yeah but it is not as visually brag-able, unless you sport that Geissele Lightning paddle.  Gotta look good, ya know.
The benefit to the Geissele trigger is that it is adjustable for slack. You certainly don't need it though.

Personally I don't think it looks much different. The average user won't notice it at all. It's the ACOG that really sets the look ya know. Wink

Freedom isn't free.
Shogun

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 12:32:00 AM »

Good point! Style is everything.  lol
cciman

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:06 PM »

average user won't notice it at all. It's the ACOG that really sets the look ya know. Wink

Like women noticing handbags, or shoes....the tacti-trendy guys will notice your equipment, ID every mag brand in your pouch, know your optic, from 20 feet away.

ACOGs are yesterday...Elcans are fly.  Wink
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 01:23:01 AM »

In the circles I run in most don't even know what an X95 is let alone what a Geissele trigger looks like. But hey, maybe you hang with a different crowd.

Yes, the Elcan is the pinnacle.

Freedom isn't free.
rjhyland

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 02:12:18 AM »

Did you get your problem solved? Maybe this the same or maybe different but when I put the Geissele trigger in my SAR I took all the slack out of it I could. I put the rifle back together and the saftey would not move. It was stuck. I took the rifle apart and loosened up the slack in the trigger a little and that fixed it.
Rastoff
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

Did you get your problem solved? Maybe this the same or maybe different but when I put the Geissele trigger in my SAR I took all the slack out of it I could. I put the rifle back together and the saftey would not move. It was stuck. I took the rifle apart and loosened up the slack in the trigger a little and that fixed it.
Remember, he hadn't installed the Lightning Bow trigger yet; it was just the trigger pack. So, the trigger adjustment for slack has nothing to do with the OP's problem.

However, yes, it's possible to adjust the trigger too much and this will prevent the trigger from working at all. It needs to be adjusted and tested while the barrel is off. This way you can see if there are any issues.

Freedom isn't free.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length