Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2019, 03:58:35 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Light Primer strikes
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Light Primer strikes  (Read 901 times)
Clarke-Sensei

« on: December 25, 2018, 05:17:51 PM »

Hey all, took my new AUG out, and for the first 300 rounds it ran smooth, but shortly after I started have repeat light primer strikes.

I was wondering if anybody has had this issue, and might have some insight about what my issue could be. I was thinking it might be the 20/20 Sear I threw in, but breaking it down showed nothing problematic.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2018, 05:21:03 PM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
LazyEngineer

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 12:23:58 AM »

Not had that problem.  20/20 sear is not obvious to me how that would affect that; but easiest thing to do is try reinstalling the old sear.  Also, do a double check while in there, perhaps one of the springs wasn't put back in right when you did  the sear-swap.
CabbitOne
^

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 07:26:29 PM »

Not had that problem.  20/20 sear is not obvious to me how that would affect that; but easiest thing to do is try reinstalling the old sear.  Also, do a double check while in there, perhaps one of the springs wasn't put back in right when you did  the sear-swap.

My suspicion would be the springs as well.

Wouldn't hurt to check and make sure the firing pin is intact and installed correctly.

What model AUG do you have? Is this the first rounds through the gun? Did you shoot it before the 20/20 was installed?

Check the locking recesses and ensure the bolt is actually locking in place?
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

I went over everything and there was grease in the firing pin channel. Cleaned it out, so I'll check how it works next time I go out.

I shot about 100 through my M1 before the sear was installed and 200 after without issue. All springs are good and in their proper place.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 09:11:20 PM »

I looked it over again, and while I don't think it's the issue that initially plagued me, it bothers me nonetheless.

The corner on the right closest to the drop safety's arm looks like it is getting some excessive wear for the small amount of rounds through it. Almost like it was getting hit pretty heavily by the drop safety's arm. Even has a lip that catches my nail on that edge.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 10:38:53 PM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
lockon

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 10:39:27 PM »

Sorry never had the issue with the 2 2020 sears in my AUG’s. Could it be Ammo related? The only problem I had with the TSM was over adjustment on my part of the trigger and trigger bar to remove the slack / pre travel. I over did it and had reset issues. I backed it off just a tad and they feel like the CMC single stage dropmins in my other guns.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 10:45:36 PM »

I'd be surprised if it was ammo related, I've only run Federal 5.56 55 and 62 grain. Which has been the least problematic for me through the 5.56 rifles I've shot.

I'll be putting a few more rounds through it this weekend, I'll see if there is any fresh wear on it after that before I pull the sear.
Halmbarte

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:09 AM »

My prime suspect would be the grease in the firing pin channel.

H
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 12:45:06 AM »

Went out and rifle ran perfectly, and no additional wear on the sear. Though I didn't have my scope fully tightened so it rolled around after about 114 rounds, and wondrously forgot to bring the Allen key for it.

The problem on the sear must've been the bent spring leg on the drop safety I found.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 02:34:10 PM »

Another 120 rounds through it with absolutely no issues now. Got the scope and all dialed in now, and I couldn't be happier. Gotta take it out again to break the 1,000 round mark.
lockon

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2019, 11:53:14 AM »

Good news. I checked all of mine after your post as well.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length