Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 12:37:47 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  x95 in 9mm - is it worth it?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: x95 in 9mm - is it worth it?  (Read 617 times)
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« on: December 19, 2018, 12:02:46 AM »

I recently sold one of my mp5 clones and have the chance to pick up an x95 in 9.  I always thought they were way over priced for a 9mm when compared to the berretta, Terry, or Scorpion.   I have both the
Terry and Scorpion carbines in 9 and the berretta in 40.  And I have even taken my berretta deer hunting.  My question for those that have one of these and an x95

- with the alternatives out there - are they worth it?

- do they shoot that much better?

The only advantage would be the ability to handle hot rounds

disadvantages - heavier and cost

I look at my pistol round carbines as strictly a home defense / urban use for less than 100 yards.  Longer than that I'd go up to my 223 (sar) or 308 (T7- when acquired).

everybody has one - so lets hear it.
SteveD

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2018, 03:59:19 AM »

Simple honestly. SBR your Scorpion now since E file for Form 1's are up with the ATF. Wait for manticore arms to release their bullpup chassis( estimate first quarter 2019. Now you got a reliable system with a reputable company's chassis, and it won't be a ridiculous 16" long barrel for 9mm. x95 in 9mm is good and all but like u said heavy, and excess length imo.
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 12:10:59 PM »

I don't have a 9mm kit for my X95, but I believe that the primary advantages of having a 9mm X95 are lost with the 16.5" barrel civvie version, as SteveD pointed out. The Israelis don't use 16" 9mm X95s--they use 9mm X95s with 11" barrels that are integrally suppressed. These also have the shorter butt pad, so the overall length is close to that of a normal 5.56 X95 SBR, while being an integrally suppressed 9mm. That's a setup that makes sense, but it's also one that is currently impossible to build here in the US because IWI will not produce the round handguards for us that allow integral suppression...

Be that as it may, if you want to go 9mm on an X95, I'd definitely recommend turning it into an SBR (which doesn't take very long nowadays since the eFile is back up). You could then throw a suppressor on it, even though it wouldn't be as short as the integrally suppressed version which, again, we can't have because... ??

I personally wouldn't bother with an X95 in 9mm unless it were the way it was originally intended: SBR, integrally suppressed.

* ahsyjtoxp7e01.png (1448.39 KB, 1281x683 - viewed 76 times.)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 12:15:23 PM by BellatorInvictus » Logged

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Bullpup777

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2018, 07:00:18 PM »

Well, it depends on where you live and what the local laws allow.  There are some states with very strict gun laws that make it nearly impossible to have an SBR so a 16 inch barrel Bullpup makes sense for pistol caliber carbines.  It all depends on what you want, what you can afford, and what your needs are.  Personally an X95 9mm is an excellent package.  Extremely dependable, excellent ergonomics in a compact package.  The CZ Scorpion Bullpup I am sure will be descent as well but it is untested as of yet and a bit of a mystery.  If you want to stay incognito from the law without having to register your firearms, want a compact package, dependability, and donít mind a little extra weight, the X95 is an excellent option. 
semper paratus
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 11:25:15 PM »

thanks for the input guys - I guess I'll stick with what I have
Bullpup777

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 09:27:06 AM »

All things being equal in terms of each having 16 inch legal barrels, the X95 with an overall shorter package and the ability to handle hotter rounds definitely has its advantages.  Definitely something to consider along with the Scorpion Bullpup once it is available. 
cciman

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:24 PM »

Missing something here?

Why bother with x95 in 9mm, if you can own a 556, or 300BO in same platform?  Like buying a 380 Glock...

I have a Keltec s2000, and it is quite a fine lightweight piece with a red dot and 30round mag, and it costs considerably less.
whitetail

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 10:14:45 PM »

Mine is awesome, It's a SBR so it's slightly bigger than a MAC-10 with stock extended, and shorter than an MP5, its a extremely compact semi subgun. The only issue is theres almost no weight out front so theres a bit of muzzle movement.
Bryan Bryan

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2019, 12:14:56 AM »

Mine is awesome, It's a SBR so it's slightly bigger than a MAC-10 with stock extended, and shorter than an MP5, its a extremely compact semi subgun. The only issue is theres almost no weight out front so theres a bit of muzzle movement.
Would you post some pictures maybe?
Furluge
New Posting Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2019, 01:13:20 AM »

I have an instructor who really liked them in 9mm. He liked it for the lower cost of ammo and the soft felt recoil. I know a lot of you are making the size out to be a bad thing but there's advantages too. The longer barrel directs the noise farther away from you too so it doesn't seem as loud when you're shooting it suppressed.
whitetail

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2019, 01:37:43 PM »

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=13450.0
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length