Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 11:27:14 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . Desert Tech . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  Things that make you go Hmmmm! GunBroker auction
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Things that make you go Hmmmm! GunBroker auction  (Read 1153 times)
Andygold

« on: December 11, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »

I was in an auction that just finished yesterday.  It was for (5) new, 30 round waffle mags.  Seller was 44mag.com

I stopped bidding early, as I didn't want to spend over $15-$20 per magazine.  I don't have an AUG yet, but figured maybe I could score a deal on mags for a future rifle, or just to flip them to friends.

Winning bid was $168.00 plus $10 for shipping, for something he could have bought direct from 44mag.com on their website for less than $125 shipped.  So he won the auction and spent over $50 more than he could have purchased them directly from the same seller.

Things that make you go Hmmmm!
ttarp

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:37:09 PM »

There is a very strange psychology to auctions and bidding, I've watched items be relisted multiple times, and then sell instantly after the price was raised!
sboone

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:26:37 PM »

Allegedly 44mag is goin out of business so they are probably trying to move as much inventory as possible, and if someone pays more for it then good for them.  In this day and age if someone overpays for something then they deserve it, not hard to do a 30 second search.  I cant believe theres still people who think an AUG still has to cost <$2k with $40 mags
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2018, 11:46:08 AM »

Allegedly 44mag is goin out of business so they are probably trying to move as much inventory as possible, and if someone pays more for it then good for them.  In this day and age if someone overpays for something then they deserve it, not hard to do a 30 second search.  I cant believe theres still people who think an AUG still has to cost <$2k with $40 mags

Yeah prices are all over the place. Iím about to buy a Barrett 82a1 off of gunbroker. I found the same exact rifle selling from $6,950-$9190. I think Iíll buy the one for 7k lol. Donít these sellers look at the street price before they start asking msrp
DMays

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2018, 09:50:27 PM »

I watched that auction. I too wondered WTF but then looked at 44mag.com website. AT THAT TIME, the AUG mags were showing out of stock on their website. A bit later, the mags were back in stock at a higher $. Interesting to say the least.
Andygold

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 05:45:52 PM »

We must have looked at different times, because when I looked (during the auction), just to make sure they didn't raise the prices, I saw them in stock for $24.95 each.
sboone

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2018, 09:30:32 PM »

We must have looked at different times, because when I looked (during the auction), just to make sure they didn't raise the prices, I saw them in stock for $24.95 each.

I watched that auction. I too wondered WTF but then looked at 44mag.com website. AT THAT TIME, the AUG mags were showing out of stock on their website. A bit later, the mags were back in stock at a higher $. Interesting to say the least.

44mag raised prices after 24 hours, i bought 10 mags at $19, thought hell i could use more, went back and they were all $24
LazyEngineer

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2018, 02:22:47 PM »

My suggestion - sit tight.  44Mag is playing games right now, and their are doing the standard BS of saying "Going out of business" without materially dropping prices, relying on suckers thinking "going out of business" means "amazing unbelievable firesale deal must buy-now!!!!"; on stuff that's still priced pretty damned close to standard.  

44Mag is known to have bought a tremendous inventory of AUG mags years ago, that they got for a song each I'm guessing.  When their Feb 22 close date gets close, and they are looking at mountains of those mags, I expect them to finally start dumping them for next to nothing; just buy then.

Worst case- PMag AUG mags are $18 a pop.  You have a mag-source and supply.  To do a GO NOW on 44Mag's AUG sale, that needs to be substantially lower then that.  substantially.

As to auction behavior - people are stupid on auctions.  If anyone else is bidding, or if the item doesn't have a buy-now option at a fair price, I don't even bother most of the time. 
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length