Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 02:19:22 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  General Category
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  Elcan Specter in use at IDF Marskman training school
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Elcan Specter in use at IDF Marskman training school  (Read 346 times)
Verfed

« on: December 01, 2018, 11:05:42 AM »

First time I've seen the IDF with one. But just with an instructor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smYqFYgH01w

* a.jpg (112.92 KB, 1192x701 - viewed 52 times.)
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 12:54:08 PM »

They must have some long necks in Israel. It's what I had on my SAR and more than likely will return to it in the near future as the LMT I put it on has been out of action since day one and waiting on them to return a functioning barrel back to me.

AE
INV136
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 10:14:36 PM »

I watched your video and noticed two things. When one of the male shooter's Glock ran dry and the slide locked back, instead of simultaneously dropping the empty magazine with his right hand (strong hand) while grabbing the fresh magazine with his left hand (weak hand), he grabs the fresh magazine and seems to hit the magazine release with the left hand while holding the fresh magazine, dropping the magazine and then loading the fresh magazine into the magwell. The other thing I noticed was the female with brown hair that had what appeared to be a holosight that looked similar to an EoTech AA battery unit (I know it was probably not an EoTech, but, probably some kind of Meprolight unit) that appeared to be on backwards. The AA battery compartment was nearest  toward her face while the flat side was  further away. Otherwise, an interesting video. I have several Elcan DR Specter scopes on several of my rifles. It's an outstanding scope. I traded or sold off all of my Trijicon ACOG scopes to get the superior Elcans.
DubageL

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 05:50:24 AM »

The reflex sights/optics they were using were the ITL/MARS reflex sight with integrated laser, the meprolight MEPRO MOR tri-powered (battery, tritium, magnified ambient light) “backwards looking EoTech” reflex sight with integrated laser, that is replacing the MARS. Think there was also a quick shot of the meprolight M5 reflex sight which is replacing the meprolight M21.
Verfed

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2018, 11:30:50 AM »

Sights I saw:

Mepro MOR (NRA's American Rifleman Optic of the Year 2015)
Mepro M5 (RDS Pro)
MARS ITL (being phased out like DubageL said, along with the Mepro 21)

Didn't see any backwards sights. Did you mean this girl?

* a.jpg (88.98 KB, 1046x622 - viewed 32 times.)
whiskey91lima

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 07:19:10 PM »

I watched your video and noticed two things. When one of the male shooter's Glock ran dry and the slide locked back, instead of simultaneously dropping the empty magazine with his right hand (strong hand) while grabbing the fresh magazine with his left hand (weak hand), he grabs the fresh magazine and seems to hit the magazine release with the left hand while holding the fresh magazine, dropping the magazine and then loading the fresh magazine into the magwell. The other thing I noticed was the female with brown hair that had what appeared to be a holosight that looked similar to an EoTech AA battery unit (I know it was probably not an EoTech, but, probably some kind of Meprolight unit) that appeared to be on backwards. The AA battery compartment was nearest  toward her face while the flat side was  further away. Otherwise, an interesting video. I have several Elcan DR Specter scopes on several of my rifles. It's an outstanding scope. I traded or sold off all of my Trijicon ACOG scopes to get the superior Elcans.

Elcans are that much more superior? I just recently got a 1-8x scope by Trijicon and am disappointed. I've used but never used ACOGs; I really like them but don't think they are worth the price tag.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »

I have a 1-8 Accupower with red mil reticle and love it. What model do you have and what is the reasons for your disappointment?

AE
whiskey91lima

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »

I have a 1-8 Accupower with red mil reticle and love it. What model do you have and what is the reasons for your disappointment?

AE

I have the same. The reticle bleeds alot and the illumination isn't perfectly aligned either. At 8x is when this becomes apparent and very distracting. Also, 1x isn't true 1x and messes with my eye sight when I have both eyes open.
Aussie E
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 04:37:11 PM »

I have not found a LPVO that is true 1X, this includes Vortex Razor HD Gen 2, Trijicon Accupower and Accupoint, Leupold Mk6 as well as EOTech Vudu. All of them blur the front sight post on my rifles to some extent, some worse than others. I have not used my Accupower enough to notice the illumination bleeding issue but will pay attention next time I shoot through it.

AE
kfeltenberger
^
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 07:58:12 PM »

I have a Kahles K16i 1-6x and if it isn't a true 1x, then it's close enough that you can't notice the difference.

Kurt
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length