Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2019, 04:03:46 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  LPVO options
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LPVO options  (Read 928 times)
Clarke-Sensei

« on: November 30, 2018, 04:25:18 PM »

Hey everyone, I'm gonna be picking up an M1 next week, and will be getting one of the Manticore Talon mounts for it when they are released. I've been pouring over LPVO options under the 600$ range, and I'm just a bit overwhelmed.

I've been particularly looking at the Steiner P4Xi, but I'd much rather have up to 6x. Which has pointed me to either the Primary Arms 1-6x FFP Raptor or the Burris RT-6. They all have reticles I like, and I don't really find illumination useful for me.

Anybody have any preferences or suggestions they'd like to share?
Andygold

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 04:42:50 PM »

Possibly a good article for you to browse:

https://www.burrisoptics.com/blog/scopes/what-to-look-for-in-an-lpvo

It mentions both the Burris and Steiner scopes.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 04:45:04 PM by Andygold » Logged
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 05:04:43 PM »

Really like that article from them. I might be able to set aside some extra funds for a better scope, but I'm just unsure with all the options I've seen lately.

If I remember right, Beretta owns Burris and Steiner now so not surprised to see them both mentioned in an article.
Andygold

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 07:28:34 PM »

Really like that article from them. I might be able to set aside some extra funds for a better scope, but I'm just unsure with all the options I've seen lately.

If I remember right, Beretta owns Burris and Steiner now so not surprised to see them both mentioned in an article.

I thought it weird that they would recommend the Steiner on a Burris website, but now that makes sense, being that they are the same company.
lockon

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »

I have the PX4 as well as a TR 25 green dot mil dot on my 2 main ARís.  I have a strike Eagle 1-6 on one of the kids 15-22ís and a PA 1-6 ACSS on my MSAR E-4. My A3 has a TR24G. Glass wise the PX4 is very good. Eye box is very good too. The throw lever is nice. I know illumination isnít important to you. For me it is and the PX4ís controls are very nicely set up with off settings between power settings. It is a little mushy but I like the true daylight bright illumination. Itís quite short and fairly light weight as well. I would definitely take it over the Strike Eagle or the PA. Because of the quality and eye box it is a lot easier to use than those 1-6ís. While not as nice as my 2 trijicons it isnít far behind either while leaps and bounds over the other 2.
My favorite Is the green triangle on the TR24G on my A3. Itís my go to gun. I recently considered going to another TR25 with the green triangle but 2 things stopped me.  The 1-6 was significantly longer. The eye relief was more so it put the longer heavier optic further forward shifting the balance I am used to. It also took the rail space that my weapon light takes in front of the optic. I get the advantage of the 1-6 but I have gone to 400 yards with the TR24G without any adjustment-and as far as 615 with adjustments.
If I was to do what you are doing (and I was recently contemplating it) the PX4 would likely be my choice for an optic to put into the talon mount.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:40:04 AM by lockon » Logged
lockon

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 12:49:20 AM »

I considered ditching the PA 1-6 on my E4 for an RT6 based on the reviews I have seen. If I find a good deal on one I might just do it-but if I find another smoking deal on a PX4 I would definitely go for it. In my experience the PX4ís BDCís are pretty dang close. Granted I used it on a 1:7 AR. I have used it on a PRS shoot all the way out to 615. And I can tell you it was a lot easier to use than the PA and Vortex 1-6ís I had with me. I was never fighting to get a clear image.

If I was to nit pick the PX4 my gripes would be the mushy illumination control and I wish it had better battery life via motion activation like on the Leupolds.

Look at the Trijicon Accupower scopes as well

I am sorry if I rambled a little. I hope I helped.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:59:55 AM by lockon » Logged
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 01:18:14 AM »

I considered ditching the PA 1-6 on my E4 for an RT6 based on the reviews I have seen. If I find a good deal on one I might just do it-but if I find another smoking deal on a PX4 I would definitely go for it. In my experience the PX4ís BDCís are pretty dang close. Granted I used it on a 1:7 AR. I have used it on a PRS shoot all the way out to 615. And I can tell you it was a lot easier to use than the PA and Vortex 1-6ís I had with me. I was never fighting to get a clear image.

If I was to nit pick the PX4 my gripes would be the mushy illumination control and I wish it had better battery life via motion activation like on the Leupolds.

Look at the Trijicon Accupower scopes as well

I am sorry if I rambled a little. I hope I helped.

No need to apologize, all input is welcome. I'm thinking about putting in a bit more money in, found a Burris XTR 1.5-8 for a good price and might jump on it if everything goes right.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 02:53:19 AM by Clarke-Sensei » Logged
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2018, 01:02:41 PM »

Well, decided on the Burris RT-6. Found a solid price on one, and heard nothing but good about them. Plus I like how the reticle is designed.

Gonna dump the rest of the money into ammo.
lockon

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2018, 11:37:46 PM »

Awesome. Post a pic when itís set up in the Talon.
Clarke-Sensei

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2018, 11:54:50 PM »

Awesome. Post a pic when itís set up in the Talon.

Definitely will when Manticore releases the M1 Talons, and I get everything put together.
Andygold

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 10:24:10 AM »

If anyone is looking for the Steiner P4Xi, Botach has it on sale right now for $475 shipped, and no tax.
lockon

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 10:04:47 PM »

Dsg also has a deal if you want a QD Midwest Industries Mount. Think they go for $579. Mount is a true return to zero mount and the levers are on the correct side so you donít bust your left hand up.

Thanks for the heads up BTW
Andygold

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2018, 03:57:26 PM »

No problem.  Just trying to pass along what may be a good deal! 🙂
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length