Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 19, 2019, 09:04:24 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  Need help on optics for tavor!
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Poll
Question: Choosing between vortex uh-1 with magnifier and elcan os4x
Elcan os4x   -7 (77.8%)
Vortex uh-1 & vmx-3t magnifier   -2 (22.2%)
Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Need help on optics for tavor!  (Read 1543 times)
BullpupT
Bullpup Fanatic

AF&AM 02

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:34 PM »

What is your guys opinion on the TA02 ACOG? Is that worth considering? There are a few of those I could get my hands on.

Look through one when itís mounted to a rifle before you buy it. I couldnít get use to the 1.5 inch eye relief on the 4x models. You literally have your nose touching the optic. The 3.5x models offer better eye relief. Look at the TA44, it looks like it belongs on a bullpup.
HBeretta
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 06:38:19 PM »

as the poll would suggest...elcan without question over the uh1 if money isn't a major factor for you - if the only two options.  i prefer magnification when going out to 100 yds.  most of the time i find myself on 3-4x on a 6x scope if i'm moving from 25-50-75yd targets.  so, that fixed 4x elcan that's going for 939.99 on opticsplanet right now with free shipping isn't looking so bad.  yeah you'd save $300-400 going with the vortex and magnifier but you'll also gain a 1lb in weight.  that and i just prefer the reticle on the elcan period; it's just a better product.  also, if you must have fast red dot acquisition - the elcan allows for the mount.  

now that elcan 1.5-6x that maintains a small form factor is something i'd like to have personally.  always tough though as you save up the $2k then convince yourself you need another bullpup.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 06:44:39 PM by HBeretta » Logged
xiaohan

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2018, 03:19:06 PM »

Anything good from Meprolight?

How about a M21 with M3X-F?
BillyG

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2018, 04:39:43 PM »

I run a SAR and X95 with a M21 and MOR with the MX3-F and find it to be a good combo. Between 100M-300M the magnifier tightens up the shots considerably with the bullseye reticle. Some complain with the magnifier flipped to the right it blocks their peripheral view to the right, but if your are shooting both eyes open this wonít be the case. I can move the MX3-F between 4 different platforms running different (but all Mepro) optics and it is plug and play.
Rastoff

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2018, 12:55:09 AM »

What is your guys opinion on the TA02 ACOG? Is that worth considering? There are a few of those I could get my hands on.
The TA02 is just as good as any ACOG. I prefer the fiber optic type because you don't need batteries. However, I would buy the TA02 if the price were right.

Remember, you can post here because they died over there.
Freedom isn't free.
Bryan Bryan

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2018, 02:10:30 PM »

Anything good from Meprolight?

How about a M21 with M3X-F?
Perfect. Authentic too!
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2018, 04:14:07 PM »

I ran the UH1 for a bit...since its on your list...I will give my quick opinion on it.

Overall great...but it has one major flaw that many do not talk about...and I do not know why.

The reticle fades away completely about .75" inch from hitting the edge of the lens on the left side and .5" at the bottom...so if you are off center...in those directions...the reticle is gone...talked to Vortex about this and its part of the design...which is odd.

Too me...that is a no-go...yes...95% of the time this is a non-issue...but I don't want to take a chance on the remaining 5%...
RebellionOnIce

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2018, 12:23:48 AM »

I switched from a Red . to a 3X fixed optic. There is so much more useful information on it that I can use than just having a dot, and with the optic being etched I rarely need to turn it on as I shoot primarily outdoors in the day time. And if the battery does die I still have the etching. From QCB to 600 yards is it's design and I think it pairs with the Tavor spot on. Your opinion may vary.
 Also, if you are looking for a true 1X red dot the Cyclops just came out. It offers similar information at 1X.

* PA-C3X-ACSS-5.56-3.jpg (33.11 KB, 500x333 - viewed 76 times.)

* cyclops.png (2.08 KB, 275x183 - viewed 71 times.)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 12:32:22 AM by RebellionOnIce » Logged
Rastoff

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2018, 02:15:37 AM »

The reticle fades away completely about .75" inch from hitting the edge of the lens on the left side and .5" at the bottom...so if you are off center...in those directions...the reticle is gone...talked to Vortex about this and its part of the design...which is odd.

Too me...that is a no-go...yes...95% of the time this is a non-issue...but I don't want to take a chance on the remaining 5%...
That would be a stopper for me as well, but are you sure about those dimensions? I mean, the rear lens can't be bigger than 1.5" wide. This means that you'd have to be almost dead center to get the right view. This almost completely defeats the concept of a holographic sight.

Freedom isn't free.
DyeF9
New Posting Member

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2019, 05:37:14 AM »

I got the Mepro M5 for my Tavor SAR, but personally I'd like either the Elcan SpecterDR 1x/4x or the Trijicon 3.5x35 TA11. I wish they'd put the ACSS ret on the TA11, but if they never do, I'd probably go with horseshoe/dot, the TA11H
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2019, 09:27:12 AM »

That would be a stopper for me as well, but are you sure about those dimensions? I mean, the rear lens can't be bigger than 1.5" wide. This means that you'd have to be almost dead center to get the right view. This almost completely defeats the concept of a holographic sight.

100%...the left side maybe allows .5" of reticle movement before the edge of the 65 MOA ring starts to fade away...its a terrible design in that regard...the right side is 100% works to the edge like an EOtech...Vortex told me it is part of the design...sold it the next day...went back to EOtechs. Their explanation was...its how they controlled parallax on it...and its normal...
Rastoff

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2019, 04:58:18 PM »

Interesting. I looked at a UH1 while at the Shot Show this year and didn't notice that. Of course I wasn't looking for that specifically. Even so, I did move my head around and didn't notice the disappearing reticle.  Yeah, that would be a show stopper for me too.

Freedom isn't free.
thehun
Bullpup Fanatic

« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2019, 07:27:53 PM »

It startled my on the 3rd day of ownership...when I unboxed it and looked through it and such...I wasn't looking for it either until it was on the range...
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length