Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2018, 01:12:30 PM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  IWI TAVOR
| | |-+  IWI Tavor SAR & X-95
| | | |-+  My X95 9mm SBR. (Photos added)
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: My X95 9mm SBR. (Photos added)  (Read 534 times)
whitetail

« on: November 26, 2018, 06:44:35 AM »

Recently received my barrel back from class 3 machining in texas who Cut/Threaded/crowned/shipped my barrel for 75.00, had it cut to 12-5/8 at the shoulder with .60 inches of threading, kept the 1/2x36 threads, and this gun is short, it makes the AUG look long at 21.5 OAL.

Keep in mind an UZI with the stock extended is 25, a Scorpion is 27 AUG is 26 the only two shorter (that i know of)in shootable position (Stock extended) Are the Mac-11 (20.5) and the P90 (18).

I appologize for the lack of photos, i cannot upload directly from my iPhone to the forum, but when i get home tonight I will post one.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 08:53:11 PM by whitetail » Logged
whitetail

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »

BellatorInvictus

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 01:39:19 AM »

NICE! Needs a round handguard. If you had that, you could make it into an integrally suppressed 9mm X95 SBR, like the IDF has. Throw a Mepro MOR on it and it would be completely legit. Aside from aesthetics, we really need IWI to release the round handguard for the option of integral suppression, which is not possible with the quad rail handguards. I want to SBR my X95 and do exactly this to it so I can keep the OAL down, but I can't unless IWI changes their tune. IWI US even tauntingly carries an integrally suppressed 9mm SBR version of the X95 with the round handguards for law enforcement, for goodness' sake! Ugh I'm ready to give up on Tavors and go back to ARs... at least I can get the parts I want to build any kind of AR imaginable. It's so frustrating having such limited options when it comes to the X95/SAR.

* Schermata 2018-11-27 alle 12.29.45 AM.png (208.65 KB, 1198x655 - viewed 44 times.)

* 2nixb6.jpg (42.42 KB, 500x281 - viewed 31 times.)

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
Ross

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 09:23:13 PM »

IWI now has the SBR X-95's listed on their website.

https://iwi.us/product/tavor-x95-sbr-5-56-nato/
Verfed

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2018, 08:03:05 AM »

I think that's the reason they took off the short handguards and SBR top rails from the store - To fill out SBRs and SBR kits.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:04:54 AM by Verfed » Logged
BellatorInvictus

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2018, 12:10:10 PM »

I think that's the reason they took off the short handguards and SBR top rails from the store - To fill out SBRs and SBR kits.

Yep. They'll be keeping some on hand extra in case people ask for replacement parts, but the impression I got was that the short top rail and handguard will only be available in their webstore via the SBR kit from now on.

Now the question is... is it worth it to just sell the normal X95 and get a factory SBR, or SBR the one I have currently... I think the wait with an eFile Form 1 is a lot less than a paper Form 4, so I'll probably just SBR what I've got. I'm only missing the short top rail, currently. Barrel-wise, I'm just gonna have ADCO chop the one I have, or I may end up doing the work myself. No sense in spending another $500 on the shorter barrel right now.

Where did you do your engraving, Whitetail? I'm thinking about doing it with some fine letter stamps on the bottom of the frame--somewhere out of the way. I don't want to have to ship it out for this.

Throughout all history, there has been one class of people who have been ordinarily prohibited from bearing arms: slaves.

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?" -Stalin
whitetail

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 10:52:49 AM »

Yep. They'll be keeping some on hand extra in case people ask for replacement parts, but the impression I got was that the short top rail and handguard will only be available in their webstore via the SBR kit from now on.

Now the question is... is it worth it to just sell the normal X95 and get a factory SBR, or SBR the one I have currently... I think the wait with an eFile Form 1 is a lot less than a paper Form 4, so I'll probably just SBR what I've got. I'm only missing the short top rail, currently. Barrel-wise, I'm just gonna have ADCO chop the one I have, or I may end up doing the work myself. No sense in spending another $500 on the shorter barrel right now.

Where did you do your engraving, Whitetail? I'm thinking about doing it with some fine letter stamps on the bottom of the frame--somewhere out of the way. I don't want to have to ship it out for this.

I suggest class3machining, 75.00 to cut and thread your barrel, i had a shop engrave it along the left side cheek area.
Verfed

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:39 PM »

Unless there's a shortage, I don't see a reason for them to stop selling the short parts individually, apart from incentivizing those that want the short furniture to go all in on an SBR or SBR kit. Here's the reply I got:

"Hi Reuven,

We now only offer the X95 SBR parts as a complete kit on our webstore which includes the Foregrip, Top rail, Short barrel with flash suppressor, a headspaced bolt, and a cocking bar.
If you would like more information on the X95 short foregrip and SBR top rail feel free to give us a call at the number listed below and we can answer any questions you have about those two parts. 

Chris K.
IWI US Customer Service"
whitetail

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 08:23:15 PM »

Still working on the project to create the X95 round handguard though, Just this time the full thing instead of rail panels.
DubageL

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2018, 08:57:31 PM »

Awesome, still hoping for it.
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length