Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2019, 03:56:51 AM
Home Home Help Calendar Login Register
News:

Please support BullpupForum.com sponsors!!
. . . Midwest Industries . . . BullpupArmory.com . . . Shooting Sight . . . BullpupUnlimited.com . . . Homeland Guns . . . . . . . . . . . . AB Arms . . . GallowayPrecision.com . . . K & M Arms . . . . . . Geissele Automatics
+  BULLPUP FORUM
|-+  Bullpup Rifles (Auto & Semi-Auto Centerfire)
| |-+  Steyr AUG and clones AUG icon
| | |-+  Steyr AUG AUG icon
| | | |-+  AUG magazine holder and dual mag clamp?
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AUG magazine holder and dual mag clamp?  (Read 540 times)
Andygold

« on: November 19, 2018, 04:43:51 PM »

Just curious as to whether the OEM AUG mags will fit in typical AR15 Kydex belt holders.  I would assume not, due to the locking tabs on the magazines, but obviously I don't know, hence this question.  If AR holders are no good, can someone clue me in to a company that makes belt holders that will accept the stock AUG mags.  Otherwise, I'll have to pick up some Kydex and vacuum mold my own...

Also, I just saw a video where a US representative from IWI had a clamp that allowed two X95 mags to be connected side by side, with one facing forward, and one facing backwards (arranged like this so one of the mags was always on the non-ejection port side of the rifle, not getting in the way of the ejection port, and recoil on the extra mag would seat the top bullet towards the back of the magazine, and not forwards, allowing a bullet to come partially or fully out, screwing with inserting it).  I would like to toy with this...does anyone make a clamp that would fit the stock AUG mags, and if so, would such clamp allow clamping mags in opposing directions?  I currently have a clamp for AR mags, but have not seen one specifically for AUG mags.
DubageL

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 05:58:21 PM »

Check CAA/command arms, fobus, Mako group. Magpul now makes steyr AUG mags so they may make a mag clamp/holder set up.
lockon

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:36:52 PM »

HSGI Tacos. I have used them for years in 3 gun. Letís you use AUG or any AR magazine. I prefer the double tacos so I can use any of my Handguns and accompanying magazines as well.

Magazine links I am unaware of. I just grab a 42 when I need more.
mb60

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 12:44:53 PM »

I use mag pouches for AK47. In most cases they work great.
sboone

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 02:23:39 PM »

I like VZ 58 mag pouches, each holds 4 mags.  My problem with many other mag carrier options is the locking lugs on the mag always hang up on bungie string or just flat out wont fit right. But the surplus VZ 58 mag pouches work great, they will stretch enough that you can still button them up so mags wont fall out
Pages: [1] Print 
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length